VU TV owners thread

Opera store is not working. Tried date, factory reset etc. Whats the solution. Can i install any other store apart from opera? Can i install apps outsjde from opera. Store

Opera store is not working. Tried date, factory reset etc. Whats the solution. Can i install any other store apart from opera? Can i install apps outsjde from opera. Store

I don't think you are allowed to install anything in terms of apps etc inside the tv.

Got the cheapest 32" model from Flipkart for 14K .
Was in half a mind to cancel the order as I was quite skeptical of it's Picture Quality after having been pampered silly by the IPS Panel of the Panasonic LCD that I currently have.

One main difference: when I first lifted it, is the weight ! The VU is SO light- I hope its durable.

Picture Quality is terrific ! i am very pleasantly surprised :)
And I will not qualify it by saying "for the price". Irrespective of the price, its very good.

The Back light setting was too much for me- have turned it down by half via the service menu. But still too bright, especially in a dark bedroom.

Gonna be getting the 2-year EW from VU soon- what is the process for the same?

VU Iconium series is not available in Bangalore for quite a few weeks now. Does anyone know if VU is refreshing their 4K lineup with new models or is it just production delay?

Thanks

Bought VU 55 inch LED55K160GAU (PLAY series), It was just installed yesterday,
I am happy with picture and sound quality, of course i need to calibrate it, for now just lowered sharpness and backlit to 0.

I am using TATA sky HD setup box. I noticed ticker bar, it kind of 'jitters' in speed, doesn't scroll smooth, (information bar in news channels ) i dont remember it seeing it in my 9 years old 32 inch toshiba lcd.

Anyone facing this on their VU Play series?

Hi all,

Ability to play 1080p HEVC files is one of my primary considerations in buying a VU.
It seems that the VU Smart series TV can play HEVC natively, according to the specifications on the site.

Anyone has a smart TV (not the 4K version) who has tested this?

I have a 32" LED ..

Does anyone know what the Dynamic Backlight Control setting does? When I switch it to "ON" the screen goes black !!!
Also, I set the backlight to 40 by going into the srevice menu- however, this setting does not retain and reverts back to default when I switch off the TV ! Help !

I have to manually enter the service menu and change it every time.. Driving me nuts.

Hi
I am from Kerala
I bought the Vu 40" D6575 model since Sep 2015 ..
Picture quality is superb with in HD and SD fully satisfied..
but audio quality is not good ..
I am planning to purchase some external speakers like Sound Bar/5.1/2.1 ?

but now I am totally confused..

which is the best suitable audio device for Vu 40 D ?
Sound Bar or 5.1 or 2.1 Home Theater?

Please suggest the best device..under 5k to 7.5 k

Thanks

Anyone using tilt and rotate type of wall mount for VU Play 40" ? If so please provide link for that mount if available online. Got my TV delivered and installation to happen tomorrow. Thinking to get it installed on provided stand and wall mount it later.

I have a 32" LED ..

Does anyone know what the Dynamic Backlight Control setting does? When I switch it to "ON" the screen goes black !!!
Also, I set the backlight to 40 by going into the srevice menu- however, this setting does not retain and reverts back to default when I switch off the TV ! Help !

I have to manually enter the service menu and change it every time.. Driving me nuts.
It shouldn't go black on switching on DBC, In my VU 55k160gau, the screen brightens up and will probably vary depending on brightness of the environment (didn't test this as i keep it off).

Hi all
Just bought VU 40D6575 (40 inch, Full HD). I saw at some places in this forum that the buyer is satisfied with both HD and SD quality. I am currently using an SD set top box and I find picture quality as too colourful and unrealistic. Adjusting any setting reduces image quality. Pse advise on exact picture settings so that I can also experience the 'satisfactory' quality which many buyers claim to experience.
Regards

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back