VU TV owners thread

Anybody bought a spare VU TV remote?

Is it a good idea to buy a spare remote because after 3-4 years, (if needed) it will not be easily available like Samsung/Sony remotes?
That's completely a personal preference. If in doubt, buy one else most TVs anyways work with mobile apps

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Anybody bought a spare VU TV remote?

Is it a good idea to buy a spare remote because after 3-4 years, (if needed) it will not be easily available like Samsung/Sony remotes?

My experience is that the my Videocon Bazoomba CRT TV remote became non functional after 14 years of use. I got a replacement remote for Rs 125 with all functions including for the built-in sub woofer from my local market in Delhi. I am still using the TV after 17 years and the duplicate remote is 3 years old. Of course it depends on whether the model is popular one for the local market to manufacture it. However there are universal remotes that learn the functions.
Given by the experience in this forum LED tv itself lasting more than 3-4 years without problem is a cause for celebration.:clapping:

Dark corners in new vu led tv
I had just bought an vu H40k 311 vu smart tv through flipkart. But little disappointed by the
Dark shade corners in display.corners are Light darker compare to full screen.is it normal with budget or vu company tv.it's in replacement period.... should I get it replaced. Will I be able to get problem free.. tv in this brand or other one will come with new prblm. ..

Pls guide..

^^ Thanks .. I tried doing this using the pre-installed Plex app that came on the VU- it worked fine. My only gripe is that it seems to be streaming over the internet to the devices. This eats up my data quota and I am not really happy with this. Plus, the streaming connection then would be limited by Internet speed, more critically upstream bandwidth- which is pathetic.

Is there a solution that uses the wifi network to stream ? also, how to install apps from Google play store on the VU?

Dark corners in new vu led tv
I had just bought an vu H40k 311 vu smart tv through flipkart. But little disappointed by the
Dark shade corners in display.corners are Light darker compare to full screen.is it normal with budget or vu company tv.it's in replacement period.... should I get it replaced. Will I be able to get problem free.. tv in this brand or other one will come with new prblm. ..

Pls guide..

I have the same model H40K311 Smart TV bought on 18 Dec 2016 fm flipkart.... and I also had same problem ... My exact problem was Dark Corners/Dark Shade on the corners and the excessive haziness / smoky picture.
I got my TV replaced by Flipkart but the TV has the same dark corners....
and reg picture quality first 2-3 days it looked good but after that it show dull colors ... Sometimes it shows excessive brightness and sometimes too dark in HD and non-HD channels.... It happens in all picture modes
Default settings are also showing no improvement .... Sometimes it causes too much eyestrain ...

I am using tatasky HD box ... tried changing hdmi cables ... re-downloaded tatasky software but no luck...

Any help, should I go for refund...

Is there any difference in buying the Tv on Flipkart or Retail store (VU & Kohinoor)? Cos there is a diff in almost 20k?

I have been told that online they give you the refurbished ones that is where most of the complaints come from and some diff in warranty (exclusive)

Can anyone confirm? Looking to buy the 55 iconium

Logitech Wireless Touch K400 plus or K400R or KB KB K400 keyboard will work for you.

Yes skype is not available.

Calibration is just hit and trial method as per your convenience. I'm using this for theater mode :

Picture mode: theatre
brightness: 60
contrast: 45
color: 50
aspect ratio: wide
backlight: off: 44

advanced picture settings.
Overscan: off
tint: 0
sharpness: 4
ultra smooth motion: off
noise reduction: off
adaptive contrast: off
color temperature: warm

Rest you have to experiment and set according to what you feel is good to your eyes. I hope this info serves your purpose.

1 ) I just want to know how you connected keyboard, Did you do any specific setting? I tried to plug n play but the KB didn't worked.
Also
2) Is Youtube working properly? In my case the app doesn't start sometimes and gets hang at the Red Screen with Youtube logo. This happens sometimes and persist for some days. Internet and other apps work fine though.

i got 40inch smart tv that released this april. i am unable to use anyview stream with one plus 3t. its not working with any phone accept lenovo k4 note. i tried xiomi, vivo, op3t,samsung. nothing is connecting. no issues with mu op3t. connects with other tvs without issues. already donw reset with tv and phone.still nothing.

i called support, guy told its not compatible with one plus phone. isnt there any solution?

Nice trick I found.. When you are viewing any video in Netflix , just press the INFO button on the remote to see the Video & Audio Resolution/details of the streaming content !

Does HDMI CEC works on VU 4K TV ... can anyone confirm ????, and how is the performance overall, anyone using VU 4K for 6-8 or more months can put some light.

Last edited:
i got 40inch smart tv that released this april. i am unable to use anyview stream with one plus 3t. its not working with any phone accept lenovo k4 note. i tried xiomi, vivo, op3t,samsung. nothing is connecting. no issues with mu op3t. connects with other tvs without issues. already donw reset with tv and phone.still nothing.

i called support, guy told its not compatible with one plus phone. isnt there any solution?

miracast supports both on your smart TV and oneplus 3t. You can try that. This for your refrnc: How to connect your OnePlus 3 to your TV | Mobile Fun Blog

Hi all, I have VU 43K (43K6535D) android smart tv. I want to access default setting app to change input IME. I want to connect gaming console to my TV. Pls help me. VU service team is not provide any solution on the same.

Re: Cant connect to Soundbar from VU TV

Hello all,

Last month i purchased VU 50" smart tv and Philips IN- HTL1041/94 Sound Bar.
I tried connecting the Audio Out using RC cable from TV to Sound bar and unfortunately, I am not getting any sound.

Is there anything i need to do in TV Audio settings? I tried with head set and i'm getting sound in that.

Appreciate a little help here.

Regards
Shibu

FK is running a promotion on 65 inch VC curved TV at 1.2 lacs, do you think it is good buy.
Does anyone reviewed this model and its performance ?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back