VU TV owners thread

Ordered "Vu 124cm (49) Full HD LED TV" today! Wanted to go for a 50 inch model but its not available in Pune. I hope this model will live up to expectations.

So finally anyone could connect external speakers through headphone jack without HISS sound? If so, do provide the external speaker brand. Looking to buy one. Looking for small budget level external speakers only.

@mgdelhi - When it comes to AV components, extended warranty is always a no brainer, especially when it's for TV panels)

Hi guys, I bought a VU LED TV (55UH8475) and it was installed today.

Vu Premium Smart (55) 140 cm Full HD LED TV - Vu Televisions

It comes with 3 years warranty.

The installation person told that I can buy extended warranty for 4th and 5th year for Rs.4550.

What is your opinion about it?

I called up VU customer support. 3 yr warranty is the max you can avail and after completing 3 yrs, you can opt for an additional 1 year.

Where did you get the information about 3 +1+1 ?

I have purchased the Vu 50k160GP last month and its working great so far. Picture wise I would say the color temp is Bluish. However I was able to access the advanced Service mode and tweak a few settings setting to get excellent picture quality. I use only HDMI 1080P connections with 1:1 mode only. This way the image is crisp without any scaling deffects.

Hi.

Please let me know what settings you have tweaked to improve the picture quality.

I am able to go to service menu by your suggested method (Settings > Audio > select balance (should be 0) > type 1 > 9 > 6 > 9).

I called up VU customer support. 3 yr warranty is the max you can avail and after completing 3 yrs, you can opt for an additional 1 year.

Where did you get the information about 3 +1+1 ?

The person who came to install the TV told me. I can PM you his number if you want to talk to him and clarify.

Hi.

Please let me know what settings you have tweaked to improve the picture quality.

I am able to go to service menu by your suggested method (Settings > Audio > select balance (should be 0) > type 1 > 9 > 6 > 9).

The person who came to install the TV told me. I can PM you his number if you want to talk to him and clarify.
The installation guys are from jeevas and not vu directly, at least that's the case in Mumbai.
Reconfirm with him how to get 3+1+1 and do post here. Extended 2 yrs is a no Brainer and I would love to go for it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hi, I bought the VU 55UH8475 tv recently and got it installed. Liked the tv so far for the money i paid, good HD quality and ok SD quality.

Is any one able to get ARC working with a VU TV?I connected the ARC hdmi port of the TV to my Denon receiver(also suports ARC) , and turned on all the relevant settings. But still i can get no audio fed back to receiver. Appreciate if any one who tried it, can share their settings.

Hi, I bought the VU 55UH8475 tv recently and got it installed. Liked the tv so far for the money i paid, good HD quality and ok SD quality.

Is any one able to get ARC working with a VU TV?I connected the ARC hdmi port of the TV to my Denon receiver(also suports ARC) , and turned on all the relevant settings. But still i can get no audio fed back to receiver. Appreciate if any one who tried it, can share their settings.
Arc works only with the 4k models afaik

One of my friend got the same tv and hooked it up with Pioneer VSX 1122 AVR, it works without a glitch..

Try some audio settings on the tv.. it should work..

Sent from my YU5510A using Tapatalk

The 55UH8475 model supports ARC as per spec, and it also has a HDMI port marked as ARC. I just cant get it to work.
I do have the same TV and the VU showroom guy did tell me that it works only with the 4k models
Honestly I didn't even know what Arc is, he had to explain it to me.
Anyways if you get it working, do let me know how... Cheers

One of my friend got the same tv and hooked it up with Pioneer VSX 1122 AVR, it works without a glitch..

Try some audio settings on the tv.. it should work..

Sent from my YU5510A using Tapatalk

Thanks for checking. Exhausted all related settings on TV and the denon receiver. Will try a Firmware update on my receiver just in case. For time being using a optical cable.

Thanks for checking. Exhausted all related settings on TV and the denon receiver. Will try a Firmware update on my receiver just in case. For time being using a optical cable.
Am sure you would have done it right, please post a screenshot of the audio settings in your TV and Denon AVR..

Someone will have a solution..

Any one used the digital audio out for external speakers from this D6575 model? If so, do let me know the brand speaker. I am looking for digital input on speakers (budget speakers). I want to by-pass the headphone jack (seems like hiss sound - as per earlier comments in this forum) on VU 40" D6575. Or any alternate connection to hear clear sound from the TV. Thanks

Any one used the digital audio out for external speakers from this D6575 model? If so, do let me know the brand speaker. I am looking for digital input on speakers (budget speakers). I want to by-pass the headphone jack (seems like hiss sound - as per earlier comments in this forum) on VU 40" D6575. Or any alternate connection to hear clear sound from the TV. Thanks

I use the Optical/Digital audio out from 8475 model and it's good. It should definitely be way better than the headphone jack.

My setup includes a AV receiver though.

Last edited:
Anybody bought a spare VU TV remote?

Is it a good idea to buy a spare remote because after 3-4 years, (if needed) it will not be easily available like Samsung/Sony remotes?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back