VU TV owners thread

Problem detected with the TV its not working properly @60Hz refresh rate when connected with PC through HDMI cable at HDMI 2.0 port. TV giving problems @ 60Hz now converted to 30Hz. Please check out the image attached.

http://varijadezinestudio.com/vu/DSC_0069.JPG
Change the HDMI cable, if you have a spare one, else swap the ends of the HDMI cable and make sure both ends are snugly fit.

Sent from my YU5010 using Tapatalk

Change the HDMI cable, if you have a spare one, else swap the ends of the HDMI cable and make sure both ends are snugly fit.

Sent from my YU5010 using Tapatalk

Mate I have checked the cable its perfectly fine at both ends. I'm using Amazon Basics HDMI cable. I don't think its the cable issue. It's the issue with the TV only. Let's ask our other fellow members who have this TV and take their inputs on this topic.

Problem detected with the TV its not working properly @60Hz refresh rate when connected with PC through HDMI cable at HDMI 2.0 port. TV giving problems @ 60Hz now converted to 30Hz. Please check out the image attached.

http://varijadezinestudio.com/vu/DSC_0069.JPG

I have written about this problem in some thread and also the solution, I think in vu tv owners thread check it out.

Has anyone gone through the latest issue of Digit magazine? They have done a comparison between Vu, Infocus and Intex 50 FFD. And based on their tests they have rated InFocus higher as compared to the other two. Incidentally it is also cheaper by 5K but that was not the basis of higher rating. I suggest its worth a look.

Had been to Barton center in Bangalore to have a look at their new smart tv series.
I felt the picture quality was better than the full HD non smart tvs. Also spoke to him about the clouding issues people are facing, he said clouding does occur when it's not playing anything. But if cloudimg can be proved when playing a video then the TV will be replaced. He also showed me the clouding where the led 's were placed but it vanished when he played a video.

Had been to Barton center in Bangalore to have a look at their new smart tv series.
I felt the picture quality was better than the full HD non smart tvs. Also spoke to him about the clouding issues people are facing, he said clouding does occur when it's not playing anything. But if cloudimg can be proved when playing a video then the TV will be replaced. He also showed me the clouding where the led 's were placed but it vanished when he played a video.

so basically he admitted that VU has below average black uniformity

I joined this VU club y'day. Got the 40" D6575 model. Need your valuable input.
Has anyone using external speakers for this setup (VU 40 D6575)?
Do recommend a budget speakers. Speakers to cover an area of 100-150sq ft. Not looking for hifi. But usual SD channels and some movies are the watching prefernces. The speakers in TV is less audible (even in normal mode) for senior citizen's - is the complaint.
I have not seen the TV in person.
I only see this in spec's
Other Connectivity Features
1 Audio L / R for Component Input (Shared with AV Input)
1 AV Input
1 VGA Input
1 Audio L / R for VGA Input
1 Video RCA Output (Only Video)
Headphone Connectivity
So no audio output other than Headphone jack?
I also see in post #31 FM have connected external speakers. Are the issue resolved?

A less budget 2.0 or 2.1 speakers recommendation is highly appreciable. I would either go for used or fresh piece for this.

so basically he admitted that VU has below average black uniformity

Well yes. And he said if we have to get the same black uniformity then we wud have to use the panels used by Samsung and lg which costs 90k or Korea for a full HD 55 incher

Hi all just bought VU 40 4k tv , the engineer just installed but unable to connect to net ,the passowrd is correct it is showing the internet on but running the browser even google is not coming , the engineer said that vu server is down ,is the browsing is through their server any idea? even youtube is not connecting.Any suggestions , also what is correct picture adjustment? it seems too bright.

Hey Guys

Just got myself a H40K311 40 inch LED, Just a couple of questions.

1. I want to buy a Keyboard to make it simpler to browse the web & youtube. any suggestions ?

2. Looking to buy a Skype cam too, But i Don't see the skype app on Opera Tv Store ? does this mean it doesn't support Skype ? Alternatively, I could use Skype with my Xbox One, but would prefer to have it through the Tv itself

3. Scanned the web for calibration settings tom improve upon the default settings , any idea where i can find it ?

Thanks in advance !

Hey Guys

Just bought myself a 40" LED Smart VU tv , was hoping you could help me out wiht a couple of things

1. Any ideas on Keyboards for the tv ? Need to buy a keyboard to make using the browser and youtube easier.

2. I see Skype is not available in the Opera tv Store , does this mean there's no support ?

3. Does anybody have calibration settings to help improve upon the default displays ?

Thanks in Advance !

Hey Guys

Just bought myself a 40" LED Smart VU tv , was hoping you could help me out wiht a couple of things

1. Any ideas on Keyboards for the tv ? Need to buy a keyboard to make using the browser and youtube easier.

2. I see Skype is not available in the Opera tv Store , does this mean there's no support ?

3. Does anybody have calibration settings to help improve upon the default displays ?

Thanks in Advance !

Logitech Wireless Touch K400 plus or K400R or KB KB K400 keyboard will work for you.

Yes skype is not available.

Calibration is just hit and trial method as per your convenience. I'm using this for theater mode :

Picture mode: theatre
brightness: 60
contrast: 45
color: 50
aspect ratio: wide
backlight: off: 44

advanced picture settings.
Overscan: off
tint: 0
sharpness: 4
ultra smooth motion: off
noise reduction: off
adaptive contrast: off
color temperature: warm

Rest you have to experiment and set according to what you feel is good to your eyes. I hope this info serves your purpose.

Last edited:
I am planning to replace my bedroom 5 yr old Panasonic LCD with the 32' VU LED. Is it worthwhile?

The Panasonic had its panel replaced last year under warranty; has brilliant blacks on the IPS Screen, but it seems to be acting up quite a bit recently.

Are there any Picture Quality/Build quality issues with the VU ? any ghosting or such problem?

There is also a Reliance Digital model that's in the same ballpark- A+ Panel , 2 yr warranty etc.. Should I go for that instead ?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back