VU TV owners thread

vbhoj74

I just purchased the LED-55K160GAU.

VU sales rep quoted me 10% of the invoice for extended warranty (10% of 45k = 4.5k), but the service rep has quoted 6k (10% on MRP). I'm still fighting with them to get it on invoice value. Anyone got extended warranties here ?

I would also like feedback from existing users on making picture settings in USB mode, I did not find any way to do it.

I paid 7.5K as 2 yrs extended warranty for my Sony 46 inch TV.. You are paying 4.5K/6K for 55 inch is too good :eek:hyeah:

Hi guys, to set up a multipurpose remote, I need to know which company are vu tvs sources from. I've read the name on the forums before, but can't seem to find it.

I just purchased the LED-55K160GAU.

VU sales rep quoted me 10% of the invoice for extended warranty (10% of 45k = 4.5k), but the service rep has quoted 6k (10% on MRP). I'm still fighting with them to get it on invoice value. Anyone got extended warranties here ?

I would also like feedback from existing users on making picture settings in USB mode, I did not find any way to do it.

Yes, I have purchased Vu 50K160GP last month and I paid 10% of MRP for extended warranty and it is the Company's extended warranty policy. I paid Rs 4,800/- for extended warranty as MRP is Rs 48,000/-

Last edited:
I have purchased the Vu 50k160GP last month and its working great so far. Picture wise I would say the color temp is Bluish. However I was able to access the advanced Service mode and tweak a few settings setting to get excellent picture quality. I use only HDMI 1080P connections with 1:1 mode only. This way the image is crisp without any scaling deffects.

I purchased the 55" UHD VU Tv two months ago and there are no issues till date. There seem an initial LED backlight leakage but it stabilizes within a minute and the screen becomes fully 'black'. I too paid 10% extended warranty for 2 years on MRP & not invoice value.

Can you share how to access the advance service menu? I am currently using the tv with SD set-top box and have upscaled the video using external converters. I first upscaled from 576i to VGA ---> VGA to HDMI - 1080p. I too am able to get very good image quality of atleast 90% of the transmitted HD 1080i content and am happy with that. Not sure how much improvement i will get with 1080i transmission signal.

Hi guys, to set up a multipurpose remote, I need to know which company are vu tvs sources from. I've read the name on the forums before, but can't seem to find it.

They are basically a re-branded Hisense TV. You can try searching for remote codes for K370PG or any other Hisense TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you share how to access the advance service menu? .

This is for my TV 50K160GP. It May differ from other TV Models from Vu.

Go to Settings > Audio > select balance (should be 0) > type 1 > 9 > 6 > 9

you will see M icon on Top Left. Press menu again to access Service mode.

BE CAREFUL AND DO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
SOME OF THE SETTINGS CAN DAMAGE THE TV.

This is for my TV 50K160GP. It May differ from other TV Models from Vu.

Go to Settings > Audio > select balance (should be 0) > type 1 > 9 > 6 > 9

you will see M icon on Top Left. Press menu again to access Service mode.

BE CAREFUL AND DO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
SOME OF THE SETTINGS CAN DAMAGE THE TV.

Thnx for your valuable share, it's working fine for me. The sales guys and service guys both of them tell me that Vu 50K160GP has 24P support but my Nvidia graphics card is detecting only 60Hz, 59Hz and 50Hz support via HDMI. Can you tell me how to get 24P support via HDMI and also tell me how to get 1:1 pixel mapping facility.

Can you tell me how to get 24P support via HDMI and also tell me how to get 1:1 pixel mapping facility.

24p support is done on the player, the frame rate can be 60Hz or 50hz, the player send data only at 24 frames asynchronously. I have set this on my Xtreamer Pro and it seems to work. There must be some setting on Nvidia Graphics card as well as player to set 24P mode. If you don't see judder there is a good chance its already working.

For 1:1 press the zoom button till you see 1:1 mode displayed at the bottom.

.............................................There must be some setting on Nvidia Graphics card as well as player to set 24P mode. If you don't see judder there is a good chance its already working.

For 1:1 press the zoom button till you see 1:1 mode displayed at the bottom.

Thanx and I got that on my Nvidia Graphic card. I have create a custom resolution at 1920x1080 pixel and have to set refresh rate at 24hz with 32bit color (1920 x 1080p@24hz) and have to apply for my VU Tv and my Tv accept the custom resolution. So all set and tv is showing 1080p@24hz resolution for my PC via HDMI.

What kind of improvement done with picture quality via 1:1 pixel mapping mode?

It is native resolution without any kind of scaling. The pixels are displayed as they are sent without over scan. If the resolution is lower then 1080 p/i you will see the image as a square in center rather then full screen. I saw some sharpness improvement compared to 16:9 mode.

Looking forward to buy a Vu product. Anyone let me know, if there is a store in chennai?
Or should i go through the online route (offers, exchange, discount, emi option)?

@sam9s: There is also another model 40D6575 (new model) with the same price. You may want to check that too.

Yes, me too inclined to Buy Vu 39E7575 99 cm (39) LED TV Online at best Prices In India
But some review elsewhere gives, installation/demo done only after a week after frequent calls to flipkart, so flipkart no proper response (delivery done in time, but not otherwise) and Vu service rep informed about 1500Rs installation charges or they say flipkart have to do install/demo.
So is Vu store better or online? Seeing the offers, iam directed to go online. Any comments?

Well first I was not able to find Vu TV anywhere at my location (Ghaziabad), tried Reliance Digital, Croma .... etc. Second the prices of TVs on store was pretty high as compared to online (which is obvious) so have left no option but to order online only.

Coming to installation, well I would not be mounting the TV on wall, so I am ok if no ones comes. I can install the TV on stand by my self.

Lastly the model you have mentioned is HD Ready. I am interested in Full HD. Other model listed on flipkart is Vu 40D6575 102 cm (40) LED TV(Full HD). So I am confused which one to go for Vu 40D6575 or 40K16.

Any suggestions by anyone.....

Last edited:
@sam9s
Yes the link i mentioned was for 39" and HD Ready only. It's the model i plan to buy (not for your recommendation. Oh!! miscommunication!!). For your 40" difference, there was also another thread here in forum, you may want to check that. Also this 40K16 you may check at mouthshut for some reviews.

Well first I was not able to find Vu TV anywhere at my location (Ghaziabad), tried Reliance Digital, Croma .... etc. Second the prices of TVs on store was pretty high as compared to online (which is obvious) so have left no option but to order online only.

Coming to installation, well I would not be mounting the TV on wall, so I am ok if no ones comes. I can install the TV on stand by my self.

Lastly the model you have mentioned is HD Ready. I am interested in Full HD. Other model listed on flipkart is Vu 40D6575 102 cm (40) LED TV(Full HD). So I am confused which one to go for Vu 40D6575 or 40K16.

Any suggestions by anyone.....

Basically these two models are same but 40K16 is bit faster as it has faster response time 6.5ms than 8ms of 40D6575. Also first one has 3 hdmi against 2 hdmi of second one. But 2nd one is newer model(2015) than 1st one.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back