VU TV owners thread

Hi
I own a 65 inch ultra 4k android tv which I purchased a few months ago. I had purchased a 2 years extended warranty from vu. Overall am decently happy but there is one nagging problem I have not been able to solve, your advice on resolving it will be very helpful.

I'm not sure what tests to perform and show to vu to ask for a replacement or to first establish that fact myself

1. Whenever i switch to hdr or dolby vision content either through tv's inbuilt Amazon, Netflix app or via fire stick 4k things get completely washed out. I have tried to fiddle with the picture but it always looks washed out and it looks like there is a black filter on top of everything. It is worse on fire stick. I tried switching fire stick to always on hdr mode but it looks worse now

2. Same issue comes when I'm playing 4k blu ray through my pc. In some of them with hdr things look very dark again looks like there is a black filter or grey filter on top of the picture

3. Same problem happens on my ps4 pro as well. I have started turning hdr off from the game settings. Sometimes while playing on my ps4 pro with hdr Enabled the tv suddenly becomes darker as if the filter has come up. Curiously turning off the TV and switching it on improves it for some time.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I am writing here to know about your experiences with Vu TV's as I am planning to buy their latest model - Vu Masterpiece - 85 inch QLED.

I would like to know how is the quality of picture of the TV's, as well as, what problems if any arises in them, and if the customer service is bearable or not. Also, what is the cost to. let's say if I want to take a 3-4 year extended warranty.

Thanks.

Hi All,

I am writing here to know about your experiences with Vu TV's as I am planning to buy their latest model - Vu Masterpiece - 85 inch QLED.

I would like to know how is the quality of picture of the TV's, as well as, what problems if any arises in them, and if the customer service is bearable or not. Also, what is the cost to. let's say if I want to take a 3-4 year extended warranty.

Thanks.
Not sure if Vu has EW to offer as they are sold mostly online. Offline stores offer extended warranty and may be trustworthy. TCL has a 85" tv for 1.99 lakhs, which has reliance digital as it's offline store dealer. They would have extended warranty.

A long time VU User here..
4th Year on a 55 4k TV (HDR)
2nd year on a 43 4k TV (Monitor)

Both are good... IF and ONLY IF, you are ok with the current state of the software.
If there are any software niggles, GET USED TO IT...

the software update never reaches the TV.

with that in place, i'm currently using it just as a display, running a fire tv on the 55 and computer and ps4 on the 43.. seems OK
One thing... The panel for the price i got is unbelievable.

Hi All,

Thanks.
Picture quality is comparable to the top 3 brands, been using a 55” curved since 2016 & 65” since 2018. No problems at all, however they need to upgrade their OS “opera” software.

I too had a Vu tv for a long time, I had no issues. It cost me 47k on a discounted flipkart sale during early 2016. Heavy for a 4k 55" tv but PQ was good. The only problem here is the 85" you are investing in costing close to 2.85 lakhs. I hadnt had any problem but can't say you will have the same experience. I have recommended their 55" TV's however larger screens carry bigger risks. My 75" 8000h Sony had a panel fault within one month of purchase. My good luck was that Sony periodically answered my calls and had estimates on when they would replace the panel and it got done a month later and after an interim panel that was defective as well. I have two years extended warranty and so I somehow feel I am secured for the 2 lakhs plus I invested on this one as I myself after three years of warranty end time will go for an 85" upgrade and am counting on it to last that long atleast. Vu kind of TV brands will really give you goosebumps with repairs if something happens. My honest opinion however I do not mean to scare you. Caveat emptor on that. You may take a calculated risk by going for a 1.99 lakhs 85" TCL with RD as dealer though with their 3 years manufacture warranty on offer during Diwali sale which they might extend even now. Check with Vu also and kindly do update here if it isn't too much trouble.

Not sure if Vu has EW to offer as they are sold mostly online. Offline stores offer extended warranty and may be trustworthy. TCL has a 85" tv for 1.99 lakhs, which has reliance digital as it's offline store dealer. They would have extended warranty.
There is a VU website from which we can buy extended warranty, I haven't been able to use it to see what type of warranty is given, or the cost, as they ask for Serial number etc. - https://www.vutvs.com/extended-warranty I looked at TCL 85", and it is available online on RD, but its an older model I believe, although cost wise its still 1 Lakh cheaper than Vu.
A long time VU User here..
4th Year on a 55 4k TV (HDR)
2nd year on a 43 4k TV (Monitor)

Both are good... IF and ONLY IF, you are ok with the current state of the software.
If there are any software niggles, GET USED TO IT...

the software update never reaches the TV.

with that in place, i'm currently using it just as a display, running a fire tv on the 55 and computer and ps4 on the 43.. seems OK
One thing... The panel for the price i got is unbelievable.
I think they are selling the newer "Masterpiece" model with Android 9, I am hoping since this is a Google OEM software, it should work fine. More since the TV will be having 2 GB Quad core processor. Even if Vu doesn't provide Android 10, I have been using Android 9 on my current sony 55" 4K TV, and it is an absolute peach to use.

I too had a Vu tv for a long time, I had no issues. It cost me 47k on a discounted flipkart sale during early 2016. Heavy for a 4k 55" tv but PQ was good. The only problem here is the 85" you are investing in costing close to 2.85 lakhs. I hadnt had any problem but can't say you will have the same experience. I have recommended their 55" TV's however larger screens carry bigger risks. My 75" 8000h Sony had a panel fault within one month of purchase. My good luck was that Sony periodically answered my calls and had estimates on when they would replace the panel and it got done a month later and after an interim panel that was defective as well. I have two years extended warranty and so I somehow feel I am secured for the 2 lakhs plus I invested on this one as I myself after three years of warranty end time will go for an 85" upgrade and am counting on it to last that long atleast. Vu kind of TV brands will really give you goosebumps with repairs if something happens. My honest opinion however I do not mean to scare you. Caveat emptor on that. You may take a calculated risk by going for a 1.99 lakhs 85" TCL with RD as dealer though with their 3 years manufacture warranty on offer during Diwali sale which they might extend even now. Check with Vu also and kindly do update here if it isn't too much trouble.
Yes, the same thought is crossing my mind, investing heavily in a "Not so" top brand. Ideally, i was looking for a projector for the TV room, but they are not less costly themselves. But in this price point, no other manufacturer is providing "QLED" tv, as well as standard HDR 10, but dolby vision as well and Full Array Local Dimming, this is a very imp aspect for me. The only problem, spending so much on Vu. Although on Flipkart, I am getting this TV in the same price range as advertised, but Flipkart is also giving an option to buy 3 years EW, for 22,499, so I would atleast have 4 years of coverage. Would write to Vu and ask what type of "Free of cost" extended waaranty can they provide me, if I buy one of their "Flagship" tv's. Would update once i get a reply. TCL's newer 85" models are not available anywhere, not even on their site, which is a real downer.

Hi All,

Thanks.

I bought a 65" VU a few years ago but it had unbearable clouding issues so I passed it on to a friend for a favor received. I then bought a 75" in 2017 and it is still going strong with an amazing picture through a NVIDIA Shield TV. I have had zero glitches/dead pixels etc. on it so far. It is behind a UPS and one thing I do is to religiously turn off the TV after a viewing session.

If you do pick up the 85", do keep the forum posted on your experiences. I am also going to buy one as soon as my new home is finished which is not far off. Thanks.

Hi All,

Thanks.

VU Masterpiece 85 inch tv has its own thread on the forum, so you can start posting there: https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...ed-with-fald-and-1000-nits-at-3-5-lakh.81928/

I have used VU TVs and they have one of the best extended warranty service amongst TV companies, VU will repair or replace your TV under warranty without much trouble, infact if your old TV is out of stock and parts they will just give you the latest model as replacement. This applies only to the VU official brand warranty and not Flipkart/Jeeves or any third party warranty.

While Flipkart/Jeeves extended warranty is a decent option for other smaller brands as you can get depreciated amount back depending upon number of years used, it is still a hassle and they make you run around. So, in case of VU it is sensible to get extended warranty directly from VU website instead of Flipkart/Jeeves.

So, Buy the TV from Flipkart and then go to VU website to buy the extended warranty. Or you can call the nearest VU exclusive dealership and try to get discounts, sometimes they do give discounts on larger sets.

Regarding the VU 85 inch TV, as we have discussed in the above dedicated thread, it is the only 85 inch TV with decent specs like Qled, FALD, 1000nits, Dolby Vision, 120Hz etc available at an affordable price in India.

I bought a 65" VU a few years ago but it had unbearable clouding issues so I passed it on to a friend for a favor received. I then bought a 75" in 2017 and it is still going strong with an amazing picture through a NVIDIA Shield TV. I have had zero glitches/dead pixels etc. on it so far. It is behind a UPS and one thing I do is to religiously turn off the TV after a viewing session.

If you do pick up the 85", do keep the forum posted on your experiences. I am also going to buy one as soon as my new home is finished which is not far off. Thanks.
Yes, sure, if I end up buying I would definitely post a user review. I have the same setup for my current TV, it is behind a APC UPS, and I always switch off the TV. I am actually waiting for my new home to be finished as well, where I have a dedicated TV room and so that is why looking to get a 85" monster in there, lets see how it goes.
VU Masterpiece 85 inch tv has its own thread on the forum, so you can start posting there: https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...ed-with-fald-and-1000-nits-at-3-5-lakh.81928/

I have used VU TVs and they have one of the best extended warranty service amongst TV companies, VU will repair or replace your TV under warranty without much trouble, infact if your old TV is out of stock and parts they will just give you the latest model as replacement. This applies only to the VU official brand warranty and not Flipkart/Jeeves or any third party warranty.

While Flipkart/Jeeves extended warranty is a decent option for other smaller brands as you can get depreciated amount back depending upon number of years used, it is still a hassle and they make you run around. So, in case of VU it is sensible to get extended warranty directly from VU website instead of Flipkart/Jeeves.

So, Buy the TV from Flipkart and then go to VU website to buy the extended warranty. Or you can call the nearest VU exclusive dealership and try to get discounts, sometimes they do give discounts on larger sets.

Regarding the VU 85 inch TV, as we have discussed in the above dedicated thread, it is the only 85 inch TV with decent specs like Qled, FALD, 1000nits, Dolby Vision, 120Hz etc available at an affordable price in India.

Thanks for directing me to the correct thread. It was very informative about the extended warranty, I anyways prefer to get the EW from the original manufacturer, and if I do end up buying this TV, that is the route I will go to.

This thread has given me confidence that after the brand warranty and EW of my Sony 75" gets over in 2 years 8 months, I would have an affordable 85" upgrade. By then I would get to know user reviews and and a possible price decrease to really go for it. Infact my hall's wall can accomodate an 85" TV easily and I had seriously considered buying one. Then due to a double mind bought the more common 75" Sony for brand value. May Vu grow as a brand in the upcoming years.

Hey Guys,

I have a four years old model: vu 55uh8475. I was using it with an old pair of speakers. I recently bought a creative soundbar and linked it via the optical port and it gives amazing sound output, atlest thrice as better if capmpred to AUX. I thought as HDMI ARC is supposed to give an even better audio experience I hooked it via that too, using the port marked as HDMI 3. Now, the speaker is recognized and I can control it via the TV remote and vice versa, but sadly, I do not get any sound. I have checked all the settings for HDMI and cec in the TV and it recognizes the sound system very well along with other device connected via HDMI and gives me options to control it. But I still can't get any sound.

Can anybody help, if they are using ARC.

Hey Guys,

I have a four years old model: vu 55uh8475. I was using it with an old pair of speakers. I recently bought a creative soundbar and linked it via the optical port and it gives amazing sound output, atlest thrice as better if capmpred to AUX. I thought as HDMI ARC is supposed to give an even better audio experience I hooked it via that too, using the port marked as HDMI 3. Now, the speaker is recognized and I can control it via the TV remote and vice versa, but sadly, I do not get any sound. I have checked all the settings for HDMI and cec in the TV and it recognizes the sound system very well along with other device connected via HDMI and gives me options to control it. But I still can't get any sound.

Can anybody help, if they are using ARC.
What hdmi cable are u using? Hdmi 1.4 or 2.0? If it is one, try using the other and boom, problem solved! What's wrong with optical Toslink pass through? It gives great audio output - as good as ARC.

What hdmi cable are u using? Hdmi 1.4 or 2.0? If it is one, try using the other and boom, problem solved! What's wrong with optical Toslink pass through? It gives great audio output - as good as ARC.
Its high speed 2.0. I tried an older one and it doesn't detect the device through HDMI. This one does as I mentioned earlier, but no sound. Optical/Toslink is working very well indeed, but I thoughtt ARC would be even better.

Its high speed 2.0. I tried an older one and it doesn't detect the device through HDMI. This one does as I mentioned earlier, but no sound. Optical/Toslink is working very well indeed, but I thoughtt ARC would be even better.
Arc is merely equal. Plus disconnects a lot

Watching IPL via hotstar. Evertyime the ball races away, I find total 3 balls on screen shadowing. I tried changing ultra smooth motion to different settings, but no use. Anybody else facing this issue? Thanks

Bought VU 49SU131_1 on March 2021 for 47K. within couple of months had to replace the unit due to display issue. TV is just ok for regular DTH connection. recently purchased netflix subscription. When I open the native NF app in the TV, videos are too dark. Video tag says HDR. But this model doesn't support HDR. some videos are playing in 4K resolution but they are dark too which makes unable to watch. Is there any solution. can someone please help? any setting I am missing.

Android version 7
Security patch Feb 2018.
I contacted Vu Customer care +91-22-45417000, they denied any software support. I have never received an update for this tv. not even security patch. I should have opted for another brand.

Bought VU 49SU131_1 on March 2021 for 47K. within couple of months had to replace the unit due to display issue. TV is just ok for regular DTH connection. recently purchased netflix subscription. When I open the native NF app in the TV, videos are too dark. Video tag says HDR. But this model doesn't support HDR. some videos are playing in 4K resolution but they are dark too which makes unable to watch. Is there any solution. can someone please help? any setting I am missing.

Android version 7
Security patch Feb 2018.
I contacted Vu Customer care +91-22-45417000, they denied any software support. I have never received an update for this tv. not even security patch. I should have opted for another brand.
If possible, try it with an external device like Amazon FireTV Stick 4K and check.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back