What HiFi Show Bangalore

Any one having a demo of the higher end Pro Ac speakers in Banglore? would like to visit a showroom for audition.
TIA
Cheers

OK, I've forgotten. This might sound funny ! :)

Is Jochem a person or a shop ? .....displaying what ?

Very much a person. It's Jochen, by the way (pronounced Yoken). Jochen Semler.
Hi end stuff from Germany. Jochen is a German settled in Bangalore.
His prices are excellent.

Below is his mail signature:

The Listening Room
(High End Audio Equipment
'Made In Germany')

No. B-5/6, Smilee Greens,
Huskur Road, Estate Club,
Bangalore - 560099, India
Phone: +91-80-27848255
[email protected]

Brands:
| AcousticalSystems | AnalogTubeAudio | AudioDesk | Blumenhofer |
| Einstein | ELROG | EMT | Scheu | SSC | Trigon | Valvet | Wall | WSS |

Just checked the location. It's near the Electronics City ! Quite a distance from the city center ( about 17 Km). Not too far really but the traffic must be a big issue I think. Are they open Sundays ?

Jochen does not have a showroom but operates from home with a large demo room. So best to check with him.

fantastic,

bhagwan was looking for some company in Bangalore to go to TLR. He mentioned this in this thread.

He mentioned does not intend to buy any equipment & maybe the both of you can link up and land up at Jochen's ( with appointment of-course )

regards

fantastic,
bhagwan was looking for some company in Bangalore to go to TLR. He mentioned this in this thread.
regards

Thanks;
But it seems to be 'looking a bit' tight now.
Wednesday I land - post 1800 hours.
Thursday is Suraj Place [1st Half] & Jayant's Place [2nd half]
Friday Show starts.
Friday Evening I have to visit KB's house.
Saturday is Show.
Saturday Evening is What Hi Fi Party.
Sunday I return - 1100 flight.
Therefore TLR may not be visited;
I also have Sound of Music Showrooms to visit - I will have to fit those in somehow - there are 2 of them I was told.

Any one having a demo of the higher end Pro Ac speakers in Banglore? would like to visit a showroom for audition.
TIA
Cheers

I did many years ago. They are good speakers. I was looking for something more up front and emphasizing the male baritone so I bought Monitor Audio, but ProAc is more neutral and refined. I auditioned them at Absolute Phase, Cubbon Road, Bangalore. I do not see it listed on their website anymore.

Regards,

yes , i have been there.just see pics20150828_142935.jpg

I am not happy with show. very unorganized ,no demos at all ,only just some music is playing & people are visiting,no proper demo of dolby atmos ,they are telling visit dedicated showrooms for proper demos.Utter flop show,wasted 400 rs on 2 tickets ,only organizers were busy for show .chaotic scenes,no proper explanations & no indian music at show at all .even nobody had Indian (hindi) songs.

Attachments

• 20150828_185858.jpg
    20150828_185858.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 266
Thanks Sir for your Feedback,

Its going to upset others, who (Including Me) are really interested as well. I have asked few friends to travel to Bangalore only for this event.

I just thinking whether to confirm their visit now :-(, They need to spend almost 2k on travelling and if its not really worty best to drop the Plan,

Thanks for your comments

i mean they have demo rooms but u may not have auditioning experience. we can't have experience of different speakers ,set ups & moreover so many choices spoil listening experience,so many visitors constantly entering & leaving halls,exhibitors are not able to concentrate on queries of person,also I think they should leave people inside demo rooms in group or batch,should explain about set up ,then variation of speakers with same songs & so onnn .Its my view after at all. Many great ,costly set ups are not getting justice because of mismanagement & crowd.Also it is an opprtunity for people to have demo of almost all brands under one roof ,but I am doubtful about quenching that thirst of satisfying our ears as exhibitors don't have so much time to demo you as per ur request and most of turntable ,tube amps , various speakers are not connected ,only kept in rack ,so u can't listen to all speakers,combinations & so onnnnnnnn...
If you are planning to go tomorrow please reach early by 11 am ,inform your prority to person who is giving demo & hope for the best.

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation,

I shall make sure to be there by 11, I do understand its not easy task to demo everything placed in the room.But Batch by batch demo for 5 Minutes should be a treat for the visitors.

If they have some seminar about the latest technology in the market\labs it would be great.Let me see for tomorrow, But I guess I would be big mess than today, since tomorrow is Saturday.

Let me see wait and see

I am in Bangalore and I am planning to go on 30th. In fact, I am invited by the new distributor for Rega . I understand they have only have the base models for the show.

I am attending the show now. It is surely not a place to demo. Some dealers displayed only the high end reference range and they are also not sure about price of some common models. Every room they are playing the demo clips but very little interested to explain the electronics in the chain and the configuration it playing. I have seen mainly Marantz 7/8 and pre power only in the demo.
I wanted to feel how atmos is all about and was in a room with klipsch floorstanders wih atmos modules built in and in 7.1.4. Unforunately I couldn't feel the atmos effect.
Have visited mostly all rooms in 6th floor.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back