Which of these is the best floorstander?

It stands for Private Message. Just find marsilians and click on his name and send him a PM.

Hey Madhurshankar,

I got your PM but think its better to share the info for others' benefit. What applications are you planning to use the M60 for? I use it in my HT and its fantastic though I have a separte setup for music alone. The "brightness" is a bit rated and can be tamed rather cheaply and easily by a bit of room treatment and/or using the appropriate components in your setup.

Just for kicks, I listened to about 3 hours of music via this last night and this morning. I think its very detailed and brings out the details very well.

B&W 704s are also a good set with great detail but I think they are overpriced like other models wihtin the same brand. I am impressed by the B&W sound after a number of auditions but not too impressed with the pricing though.

Its really a toss up between the m60 and 7xx series in my view.

Also remember Axiom offers free worldwide shipping and 30 days no questions return guarantee at your own cost. Worst case you can return for a risk of about Rs 8000 for the shipping.

The entire 6xx series is fairly laid back and is fairly different in the soundstage. It really depends on your listening preference if you want to go with the 6xx or 7xx series.

@anm & @magma - I believe its in reference to 10,000 US Dollars converts to Rs. 4,80,000 per today's rate and not Rs. 10,000. The speakers are B&W 800 series, not cheap or even affordable by any standards. They have to come under luxury...

@marsilians - Do they ship all models to India and anywhere in the world? Suggest any FS or BS for music, strictly 2.0 setting or maybe 2.1.

The Rs. 8000 shipping sounds great...

what? 10,000 is not affordable? where do you live man? India? :lol:

Am sure there are guys who cant put down even 10K (INR) on a pair of speakers. The reference was 10,000 USD as Moser pointed out.

Anyway the 704 are decent speakers and will need better than a Denon AVR to justify the cost incurred. They have been there for ages now and are on their way out. The distributor is AVI in mumbai and you should be able to get a deal. They are far superior to the newer 600 series IMO. In fact i even preferred the older 600 series to the current avatar.
The 802 is a different class in every way and is a head ache to place. In most medium sized rooms it really booms.
Have heard a few electras (JM lab) and they are pretty good too.
Have been a B&W user for 15 years now and had the 704s for a while too and they are good speakers but they can sound harsh with some gear so please audition the proposed combo to avoid any heartburn later.
Rgds

well "I want to buy b&w 700 and 800 series" and "can't afford 10k USD" can not come in the same sentence. Except the last sentence I wrote :lol:

well "I want to buy b&w 700 and 800 series" and "can't afford 10k USD" can not come in the same sentence. Except the last sentence I wrote :lol:

@anm & @dinyaar - Well I agree with you both. There are people who cannot even afford 10K for speakers. But such people would not be on this forum. To get on this forum means they can afford and probably already have spent in the areas of audio and vision.

@marsilians - Do they ship all models to India and anywhere in the world? Suggest any FS or BS for music, strictly 2.0 setting or maybe 2.1.

The Rs. 8000 shipping sounds great...

Yes the shipping cost is actually included in the product pricing as such and hence the free tag. Go to Stereo Loudspeakers & Home Theater Speakers at Axiom Audio ? Your Ultimate Audio Experience and pick the products you want and as part of the checkout process you will see that they ship to almost all countries. Also check out their factory direct products which are at 10% discount and I have not heard of anyone complaining of any blemish at all.

I bought mine brand new since I wanted a high gloss finish. So I paid a bit of a premium for the looks to pleases the missuss.

I woudl not recommend them for critical music listening though they do justice at all other times. My personal preference would be 2 M2s for music. They also have powered computer speakers and I have auditioned them and they are very close to the M2s in my view. Also they have in wall speakers though it may not be applicable for the Indian environment.

The drivers used in M2 M22 and M60 are all the same. So I have setup M60s as L/R and M2 vertically as my C channel for dialogue. I preferred this over VP150 since I believe the best soundstage comes from a vertical axis center channel. Ofcourse the QS8s are the best surrounds on the market at any price from my perspective. I have this as SR/SL speakers.

@anm & @dinyaar - Well I agree with you both. There are people who cannot even afford 10K for speakers. But such people would not be on this forum. To get on this forum means they can afford and probably already have spent in the areas of audio and vision.

Which is why we need a DIY speaker building workshop held in every city. It is not fair that money has to be a "qualification" to motivate someone to be on a forum.

Regards

photosh pleash

Yes the shipping cost is actually included in the product pricing as such and hence the free tag. Go to Stereo Loudspeakers & Home Theater Speakers at Axiom Audio ? Your Ultimate Audio Experience and pick the products you want and as part of the checkout process you will see that they ship to almost all countries. Also check out their factory direct products which are at 10% discount and I have not heard of anyone complaining of any blemish at all.

I bought mine brand new since I wanted a high gloss finish. So I paid a bit of a premium for the looks to pleases the missuss.

I woudl not recommend them for critical music listening though they do justice at all other times. My personal preference would be 2 M2s for music. They also have powered computer speakers and I have auditioned them and they are very close to the M2s in my view. Also they have in wall speakers though it may not be applicable for the Indian environment.

The drivers used in M2 M22 and M60 are all the same. So I have setup M60s as L/R and M2 vertically as my C channel for dialogue. I preferred this over VP150 since I believe the best soundstage comes from a vertical axis center channel. Ofcourse the QS8s are the best surrounds on the market at any price from my perspective. I have this as SR/SL speakers.

dont think the shipping is free as advertised....for m60, the price is 1109 usd if from india and 990 usd if you choose US indrop down menu...and "Duty and Vat Charged on Delivery - No other Charges"....is vat applicable for import????

Axioms are supposed to be bright according to many and some even find it grating. If I'm after warm sound, I'd give them a miss. Ofcourse if you could, please try and audition them and decide...

Dude,
You are right. I've seen a few complain about that so initially i was hesitating them. But after reading many reviews i,ve concluded that their amp is the culprit cos not many have that issue. The nature of this speaker is detailing not brightness. So if you match them with a warm amp the outut will be tremondous.
While i was buying my own IQ5 system i matched them with Denon and they sounded thin and i didn't like the way they sounded. One day i borrowed my friends NAD amp and tried to drive my Kef's and the difference was day and night. I loved it and couldn't beleive the way they sounded all i can say is they were excellent. To conclude you need an ideal amp to drive M60 crazy. BTW thanks for your consideration.

Hey Madhurshankar,

I got your PM but think its better to share the info for others' benefit. What applications are you planning to use the M60 for? I use it in my HT and its fantastic though I have a separte setup for music alone. The "brightness" is a bit rated and can be tamed rather cheaply and easily by a bit of room treatment and/or using the appropriate components in your setup.

Just for kicks, I listened to about 3 hours of music via this last night and this morning. I think its very detailed and brings out the details very well.

B&W 704s are also a good set with great detail but I think they are overpriced like other models wihtin the same brand. I am impressed by the B&W sound after a number of auditions but not too impressed with the pricing though.

Its really a toss up between the m60 and 7xx series in my view.

Also remember Axiom offers free worldwide shipping and 30 days no questions return guarantee at your own cost. Worst case you can return for a risk of about Rs 8000 for the shipping.

The entire 6xx series is fairly laid back and is fairly different in the soundstage. It really depends on your listening preference if you want to go with the 6xx or 7xx series.

pal,
Thanks for your efforts. I will use M60's 60% for music and 40% for movies. But i'll have same components for music as well as HT. Many in different forums deny that they are bright only some guys have this issue. I beleive this is because of the amp we match. I'm planning to go for some warm receivers like NAD/Marantz/Rotel. NAD has an edge cos their stereo seems to be impressive. What amp are you using to drive your M60?

Moser,
I disagree that all guys in here can easily afford HIFI and such. I know a few guys in bbay who browse this forum and a few others purely out of curiosity and a desire to learn a thing or two. A couple of them would have trouble shelling even 5K for a speaker!!!
Then there are also a few whose set ups cost more than a few apartments in bbay.
Anyone and everyone is welcome irrespective of spending power.

Rgds

Ok, I stand corrected.

Moser,
I disagree that all guys in here can easily afford HIFI and such. I know a few guys in bbay who browse this forum and a few others purely out of curiosity and a desire to learn a thing or two. A couple of them would have trouble shelling even 5K for a speaker!!!
Then there are also a few whose set ups cost more than a few apartments in bbay.
Anyone and everyone is welcome irrespective of spending power.

Rgds

Dude,
You are right. I've seen a few complain about that so initially i was hesitating them. But after reading many reviews i,ve concluded that their amp is the culprit cos not many have that issue. The nature of this speaker is detailing not brightness. So if you match them with a warm amp the outut will be tremondous.
While i was buying my own IQ5 system i matched them with Denon and they sounded thin and i didn't like the way they sounded. One day i borrowed my friends NAD amp and tried to drive my Kef's and the difference was day and night. I loved it and couldn't beleive the way they sounded all i can say is they were excellent. To conclude you need an ideal amp to drive M60 crazy. BTW thanks for your consideration.

Just to be fair, the Axioms offer the best VFM among the brands that are quoted here and I was considering them at one point in time. Like I said, it would really be helpful if these are auditioned first...

@Madhurshankar. Have you heard any of this speakers or is it just internet research?
Most of the people who just buy on internet research are sooner or latter are disappointed with what they have.

& if you insist on buying on the advice of internet gurus pl try & check about their experience, their prefrences, their series of advice etc to gauge at what you are getting into.

I suggest you if you've not heard any of them pl do so.
All the best.
Cheers.

@Madhurshankar. Have you heard any of this speakers or is it just internet research?
Most of the people who just buy on internet research are sooner or latter are disappointed with what they have.

& if you insist on buying on the advice of internet gurus pl try & check about their experience, their prefrences, their series of advice etc to gauge at what you are getting into.

I suggest you if you've not heard any of them pl do so.
All the best.
Cheers.

Buddy,
These i've listed only thru internet search i haven't auditioned any of these but got a rave reviews across many forums. The reason i'm asking your opinion is because some of you might have used them for a long run and in show rooms we can't rely that their speaker would have burnt so speakers nature in showrooms will be misleading. Secondly i may get some more speaker suggestions and eventhough i get your inputs before buying i'll definitely audition them. No doubt about it. Anyways thanks for your input dude and you guys are lovely and very helpful.

Yes this forum is full of helpful people :clapping:
& I'm happy that you intend to listen them your self before taking a call, as it looked like you had decided on the axiom just on the internet reviews.

A speaker may sound warm & involving to a person the same speaker for some may sound dull & rolled off. Everyone has diff prefrences & so pl make sure of what you like before you buy. If possible i suggest you start taking a few auditions & give your feed back on the forum.
All the best.
Cheers.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back