Which of these is the best floorstander?

Yes this forum is full of helpful people :clapping:
& I'm happy that you intend to listen them your self before taking a call, as it looked like you had decided on the axiom just on the internet reviews.

A speaker may sound warm & involving to a person the same speaker for some may sound dull & rolled off. Everyone has diff prefrences & so pl make sure of what you like before you buy. If possible i suggest you start taking a few auditions & give your feed back on the forum.
All the best.
Cheers.

Neo,
Sure. You won't beleive. I have added some speakers to my wish list. While reading many other threads in our forum i felt that i haven't considered some good speakers like Quad,Dynaudio,PSB and stuff. I feel these will serve well to my taste cos i'm very fond of warm as well as detail(without harshness) sound . Now i'm quite busy with some personal and official work. But don't worry each time i audition i'll let you guys know the feedback. Thank You buddy.

Yes the Quad's, Dynaudio's & PMC should also be in your list. If you get tannoy in chennai you should try them as well.
Is your prefrence for music or HT?

Yes the Quad's, Dynaudio's & PMC should also be in your list. If you get tannoy in chennai you should try them as well.

PMCs are very expensive aren't they? their floor standers (not counting GB1i) are usually above $3K.

Yes they are. But IMO if you are looking at PMC you should either look at tb2i bookshelf or OB1i floorstanders. Esp since madhur has quiet a big room he should have the OB1i for the fronts if he is looking at PMC.
All the best
Cheers.

Last edited:

Neo,
Sorry for such a delayed response. My preference is 50% music and 50% for movies as well. I like neutral speakers, natural speakers are also good though i need some excitement in the high end. By reviews i feel Quad will suit my taste BTW i shall finalize only after a hear. Hw abt tannoy? r they forward or laid back speakers?.. BTW thanks neo:yahoo:.

Sorry for such a delayed response. My preference is 50% music and 50% for movies as well. I like neutral speakers, natural speakers are also good though i need some excitement in the high end. By reviews i feel Quad will suit my taste BTW i shall finalize only after a hear. Hw abt tannoy? r they forward or laid back speakers?.. BTW thanks

See if you can add Cantons to your audition. They are German and sound European as against American or Canadian sound. Meaning they are 'warm'.

Cheers

Neo,
Sorry for such a delayed response. My preference is 50% music and 50% for movies as well. I like neutral speakers, natural speakers are also good though i need some excitement in the high end. By reviews i feel Quad will suit my taste BTW i shall finalize only after a hear. Hw abt tannoy? r they forward or laid back speakers?.. BTW thanks neo:yahoo:.

If you decide on the Quad, I suggest to go for 12L if you can afford them. They have better soundstage and dynamics over the 11

Also this is one of the very few audiophile companies that introduced active home speakers. I have seen serious listeners go for these as it is easy to achieve balance and harmony between your components.

Hey! Nice to see you back in action. Yes quad may fall in the category of the speakers you are looking for. My vote would also go for the 12L over the 11L but i do not think you should be looking at a bookshlef looking at your room size & aslo you a have a decent budget to get your self some very good floorstanders.

The tannoy is the typical warm british sound. It's main advatage is the coherence of the frequencies but if you like a bit of excitement in the top end then tannoy may not fall in that bracket.

Also netraul, natrual, etc are diff for diff people so unless you go out & listen it's very tough to quantifiy what you want.
Can you pl let us know the kind of music that you listen to.

All the best.
Cheers

Hey! Nice to see you back in action. Yes quad may fall in the category of the speakers you are looking for. My vote would also go for the 12L over the 11L but i do not think you should be looking at a bookshlef looking at your room size & aslo you a have a decent budget to get your self some very good floorstanders.

The tannoy is the typical warm british sound. It's main advatage is the coherence of the frequencies but if you like a bit of excitement in the top end then tannoy may not fall in that bracket.

Also netraul, natrual, etc are diff for diff people so unless you go out & listen it's very tough to quantifiy what you want.
Can you pl let us know the kind of music that you listen to.

All the best.
Cheers

Neo,
You are right i'm opting on floorstanders. Reason is they'll be good for music and the second reason is aesthetics. I'm not considering 12L or 11L at all. My eye is on 22L2. I should plan a trip to mumbai and do some hearing. Don't worry i'll share my experience with all of u. Thanks again neo.

If you decide on the Quad, I suggest to go for 12L if you can afford them. They have better soundstage and dynamics over the 11

Also this is one of the very few audiophile companies that introduced active home speakers. I have seen serious listeners go for these as it is easy to achieve balance and harmony between your components.

Thanks man,
I'm considering only floorstanders. May be i'll try 22L2. BTW i'll keep your suggestion when i choose my rears. Thank you very much.

I have a quad 22l2 and i am already in love with it.
The black lacquared finish on the quads is the most appealing speaker i have ever seen for the price. If you are serious listener of mids then it is very good speakers. I have audioned quiet a lot of speakers and eaten quiet a lot of brains of our members and i finally selected quads. Beware these are very placement sensitive and it requires a lot of space.

Kindly let me know how much did u get this pair for.

The black lacquared finish on the quads is the most appealing speaker i have ever seen for the price. If you are serious listener of mids then it is very good speakers. I have audioned quiet a lot of speakers and eaten quiet a lot of brains of our members and i finally selected quads. Beware these are very placement sensitive and it requires a lot of space.

Kindly let me know how much did u get this pair for.

I got this a year back for 72,000/= from bangalore, but the price now is around 85,000/=

Hi Nandha,
Who is dealing with quad in bangalore?

Thanks man,
I'm considering only floorstanders. May be i'll try 22L2. BTW i'll keep your suggestion when i choose my rears. Thank you very much.

For floorstanders, you have a better selection esp. since there are only a few manufacturers who make musical bookshelves. I suggest to audition a few musical speakers before making the call.

Hi Marsilians

Can you pls name a few musical bookshelf speakers (along with their model numbers if possible) ?

For floorstanders, you have a better selection esp. since there are only a few manufacturers who make musical bookshelves. I suggest to audition a few musical speakers before making the call.

Interesting!! Can you please list some? BTW what is the gear you own for music? .

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back