Which of these is the best floorstander?

madhurshankar

Axiom M60

Axiom M80

B&W 704

Focal Chorus 816v/826v

Hi everyone im new to this forum. Hope i'll have great fun with you guys. BTW I currently own KEF IQ5's and iam planning to upgrade to a new system. My budget is 2 lakhs for speakers alone(may be 5(Front,Center,Rear) or 2 speakers it depends on what brand i choose) even excluding subwoofer. The above speakers are my consideration. I've short listed these speakers based on their reviews. But in reality i don't know how these towers race among each other. Can you please help me choosing a wise one out of it?

Hey! Except the B&W i've not heard the others so won't comment. But i suggest you mention the rest of your chain, what you want for this upgrade etc more info will get you better & focused opinons.
All the best
Cheers

Could you please post the upstream components that you use? Also what you are looking for as the end result...perhaps being a bit more descriptive will help other than saying "best"...:)

thanks

Axiom M60

Axiom M80

B&W 704

Focal Chorus 816v/826v

Hi everyone im new to this forum. Hope i'll have great fun with you guys. BTW I currently own KEF IQ5's and iam planning to upgrade to a new system. My budget is 2 lakhs for speakers alone(may be 5(Front,Center,Rear) or 2 speakers it depends on what brand i choose) even excluding subwoofer. The above speakers are my consideration. I've short listed these speakers based on their reviews. But in reality i don't know how these towers race among each other. Can you please help me choosing a wise one out of it?

neo,
I have a huge room 24L*16W*10H prime importance is it should fill my listening room. Second i like warm sounding speakers highs should not be harsh, reasonable low end(my sub will do the rest), I expect good aestheics, hate boxy speakers. But if performance is appealing then appearance doesn't matter. I liked the look of B&W 704 very much. You have heard B&W's right how well it perfoms. Are they harsh or neutral. Some owners say they are bit harsh. Is that true? Are they worth the money? What is the price of these in INDIA? You shall also suggest any other brand that suits me. Thanks.

Last edited:
Could you please post the upstream components that you use? Also what you are looking for as the end result...perhaps being a bit more descriptive will help other than saying "best"...:)

thanks

I currently own Denon 1907 receiver but i like to start from the scratch. I'm planning to buy a new receiver i like warm sound so may be i'll choose NAD or Marantz but it still depends on the speaker i choose.

I've heard the B&W but not this particular Focals. But I think with either you will not be going wrong.

i have heard the 704 and 816v; preferred the 704. 816's low end was not appealing to me.

704 images very well. a detailed but slightly strong high end. very good midrange and bass. but I dont think this goes well with bright sounding electronics. how much does it cost there?

If movies is your primary goal, I think you should add more speakers in the surround mode to fill your room.
If you are looking at 2 channel musical nirvana, you should add a decent separate power amp (or integrated like some of our forum members - smedhavi for example) for the fronts.

I have compared them. 683 is no mach for 704. 704 is ahead in all aspects, tweeter resolution, mid-bass, bass, soundstage, etc.

you will find this price difference in every step of B&W speakers. 600 to 700, 700 to 800 - price increase is steep. but you will see improvement in the performance of the speakers as you go up the range.

Hi dude,
Which B&W model have you auditioned. Can u please explain how well it sounded?

Well I've heard the B&W 603 extensively as its with a friend and its really great for stereo output.

In the 800 series I've heard the 802 and again I can say this rocked my boat. This was one of the most revealing speakers I've heard, absolutely minimal coloring if any. It's great for live music, live shows, lots of vocals, jazz music, etc. But like all B&W quite expensive stuff!

Well I've heard the B&W 603 extensively as its with a friend and its really great for stereo output.

In the 800 series I've heard the 802 and again I can say this rocked my boat. This was one of the most revealing speakers I've heard, absolutely minimal coloring if any. It's great for live music, live shows, lots of vocals, jazz music, etc. But like all B&W quite expensive stuff!

How much does B&W 802 cost? Any approximate figure is also ok.

How much does B&W 802 cost? Any approximate figure is also ok.

I think they were around 10,000 USD around a year to two years ago when a friend got them. I think the costs would be different in India though.

These are the India dealers, give them a call to find out. Or maybe someone in the forum has the up to date costs and will post them.

AudioVision India Pvt. Ltd.
2nd floor, New Empire Cinema Building
Fort, Mumbai

Tel: +91 (22) 2200 4040
Fax: +91 (22) 2200 0909
Email: [email protected]
Web: Audio Vision India

I think they were around 10,000 USD around a year to two years ago when a friend got them. I think the costs would be different in India though.

These are the India dealers, give them a call to find out. Or maybe someone in the forum has the up to date costs and will post them.

AudioVision India Pvt. Ltd.
2nd floor, New Empire Cinema Building
Fort, Mumbai

Tel: +91 (22) 2200 4040
Fax: +91 (22) 2200 0909
Email: [email protected]
Web: Audio Vision India

Thanks dude,
Unfortunately can't afford it. Anyways thanks. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
You guys really rock. Thanks for all your inputs. I feel that axiom has some edge they are real value for money. I think i'll go for it.

Axioms are supposed to be bright according to many and some even find it grating. If I'm after warm sound, I'd give them a miss. Ofcourse if you could, please try and audition them and decide...

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back