which projector to buy?

mandeep

HELLO guyS

PLZ suggest any good projector for occasional viewing ....from the stables of ACER/SHARP/SONY/Benq............Could be a SVGA/WVGA etc. If Any experience plz share.......i have a doubt/worry about lamp life/reliability:confused:....what to prefer LCD or DLP PROJECTION TECH....

HELLO guyS

PLZ suggest any good projector for occasional viewing ....from the stables of ACER/SHARP/SONY/Benq............Could be a SVGA/WVGA etc. If Any experience plz share.......i have a doubt/worry about lamp life/reliability:confused:....what to prefer LCD or DLP PROJECTION TECH....

I have been using hitachi projector for more than a year, my experience is very good, the service part, etc, also is very good.

Please do not worry about the lamp life reliability, in my case, the lamp life is expected to cross 3,000 hours, and after so much of using, the projector lamp is running fine, as fresh as strawberry.

I watch all my movies via projector.

Vinay.

Hi,

Mandeep could you please specify the budget that you've allocated for it ?? so that we can suggest appropriately !!

If its within a lac (grey not with bill) then I'd say Hitachi PJ-TX300 is best and undoubtedly the most preferred choice !! nothing can come close it in that budget or even bit more !! alternatively try the Sanyo PL-SV Z5 (almost ditto 300)

As with the DLP Vs LCD issue, I'd stick my neck out and say LCD any day :p!!
Don't ever think of DLP ( if you technically you'd understand why) as they are not worth !!

Regards.

Hi,

Mandeep could you please specify the budget that you've allocated for it ?? so that we can suggest appropriately !!

my budget is low, about 45-60k atmost, someone suggested infocus IN72, in a thread somewhere, for 45k (in grey)....would that be a good option (considering availability of replacement lamps after few years).........plz suggest a basic SVGA (800X600) along with pro's and con's and i have never purchased a single thing from grey market.

Please Increase Your Budget.

my budget is low, about 45-60k atmost, someone suggested infocus IN72, in a thread somewhere, for 45k (in grey)....would that be a good option (considering availability of replacement lamps after few years).........plz suggest a basic SVGA (800X600) along with pro's and con's and i have never purchased a single thing from grey market.

Ideally speaking it is better to keep away from grey market for various reasons among the leading one's is, they at times sell the sparingly used one's also, like for example they will use it in their house for a month or two, and than sell it forward, or they will give for trial to their customer's for a few days, and than maybe it will be rotated to more customers, there are warranty issues, etc.

The lamp replacement will never be a problem, even if the model gets older by say 5 years, there are generally standard lamps, which go in various makes and models.

You will have to increase your budget for the projector, and than please be guided there are other expenses also like, the ceiling mounting bracket, screen, etc.

Vinay.

Vinay

Can you please through some flash light in my eyes regarding the 100 hours message in PJ TX 300, its regarding the cleaning of filter.
How much does it effects one or two hours before completion of 100 hours...

And how many hours have you completed...???

I am really eager to go back to my home town and enjoy some movies in my ht...
will try to get some pics this time...

Mandeep

If you are limited to that price, and if you are Happy with SVGA, and all in a budget of 45-60K, then how bout PJ TX 100, it has 720p output...

It costs Rs.50K with bill...

Vinay

Can you please through some flash light in my eyes regarding the 100 hours message in PJ TX 300, its regarding the cleaning of filter.
How much does it effects one or two hours before completion of 100 hours...

And how many hours have you completed...???

I am really eager to go back to my home town and enjoy some movies in my ht...
will try to get some pics this time...

I did not understand, please tell me in detail about the 100 hours.

I do not know how many hours i have completed, but i have used it quite a number of times, i have lost the count of hours used.

I have spoken to delhi today only, about servicing my projector for cleaning the filter, etc, their bombay office will follow up with me tomorrow.

I will be glad to see the pictures of your home theatre, thanks for this news.

Vinay

Mandeep, please do a lot of consideration before going for the projector.

Please tell us if you have some more queries, so that the members over here can take you through.

Vinay.

Mandeep, please do a lot of consideration before going for the projector.

Please tell us if you have some more queries, so that the members over here can take you through.

Vinay.

Vinay

Comments on Hitachi - PJ TX 100, 720p...???
For Home Theatre @ Rs.50K...What say...???

And you are talking about Sight and Sound India...Mumbai...???

Hitachi Projector

Vinay

Comments on Hitachi - PJ TX 100, 720p...???
For Home Theatre @ Rs.50K...What say...???

And you are talking about Sight and Sound India...Mumbai...???

I do not know about the projector you are talking about, that is why i told mandeep that if you have some more queries, the members over here can take you forward, like in this case, you are among the better persons to comment on tx 100.

I had bought my projector from sight and sound, delhi, tanuj the senior guy of there is a great guy, the hitachi projector & lcd tv, at the price which he gave me, was a good one, the dealers in mumbai were talking of around 10/15,000/- bucks more, that is why i always say that check the prices with several dealers otherwise you will be taken for a ride all the way to kashmir, at the cost of your car and petrol.

Vinay.

Re: Hitachi Projector

I do not know about the projector you are talking about, that is why i told mandeep that if you have some more queries, the members over here can take you forward, like in this case, you are among the better persons to comment on tx 100.

I had bought my projector from sight and sound, delhi, (abc) the senior guy of there is a great guy, the hitachi projector & lcd tv, at the price which he gave me, was a good one, the dealers in mumbai were talking of around 10/15,000/- bucks more, that is why i always say that check the prices with several dealers otherwise you will be taken for a ride all the way to kashmir, at the cost of your car and petrol.

Vinay.

Vinay

You are a lucky chap, as you have just met him once, and has got a good deal struck with him...

Last edited:

Vinay

You are a lucky chap, as you have just met him once, and has got a good deal struck with him...

He is/was my Country Head...
(More i cannot comment)

Hope you understand...

I have never met Tanuj, it was all via phone, this man is just superb to interact with, he is out and out a reliable person. If one has serious interest to buy some of the av equipments, he could be a great source.

Hope you also understand.

Thanks.

Vinay.

I have never met (ABC), it was all via phone, this man is just superb to interact with, he is out and out a reliable person. If one has serious interest to buy some of the av equipments, he could be a great source.

Hope you also understand.

Thanks.

Vinay.

Buddy...

I thought you will understand what i wrote out in my last post...

You have just met spoken to him once that too for some 10 min max...

But never for setup or consultation...

Last edited:

Buddy...

I thought you will understand what i wrote out in my last post...

You have just met spoken to him once that too for some 10 min max...

Atleast none of the employees, ex-employees, dealers, associates, or those who know him, will never agree with you...
except for one thing, for which he is being tolerated...and that is his knowledge...(only technical)...

But never for setup or consultation...

(Kindly remove his name, and dont quote this thread)...

If someone believes or not is a another story, i spoke to tanuj yesterday also, for me he is a great guy, the way he helped me to select the projector and the hitachi tv lcd, that too without meeting him in person, being at such a senior post, i had ordered a dalite screen also, when it arrived in mumbai, there was some defect, he took it back without any hesitation, i know what many dealers are like, most of them would never take it back, etc.

For me tanuj, is a great guy for taking a genuine advice, if he is not able to help, for sure he will conect to the right person.

I will never remove his name from these posts or from the thread, because he is a gem of a person.

Vinay.

If someone believes or not is a another story, i spoke to tanuj yesterday also, for me he is a great guy, the way he helped me to select the projector and the hitachi tv lcd, that too without meeting him in person, being at such a senior post, i had ordered a dalite screen also, when it arrived in mumbai, there was some defect, he took it back without any hesitation, i know what many dealers are like, most of them would never take it back, etc.

For me tanuj, is a great guy for taking a genuine advice, if he is not able to help, for sure he will conect to the right person.

I will never remove his name from these posts or from the thread, because he is a gem of a person.

Vinay.

Vinay

I never told you to remove his name for what you told in your first post, but from what we are discussing about him...

I dont want anyone specially, him, to think anything wrong about me...as we know each other very well...

In some points i said in technical terms he is good, but not in suggesting the HT setup...

Secondly i dont know, but u sounding very aggressive...
anything in particular with me...???:confused:
so think of it...
and still if you dont want to remove from any of the post, and proove me bad...
i will not say anything...

Vinay

I never told you to remove his name for what you told in your first post, but from what we are discussing about him...

I dont want anyone specially, him, to think anything wrong about me...as we know each other very well...

In some points i said in technical terms he is good, but not in suggesting the HT setup...

so think of it...

I do not understand what you say and what you mean, and than when i try to write to you, you say you mean something else, and than you know the building keeps rising, are you trying to be aggresive to make a tallest building?

Vinay.

Vinay

so think of it...

Are you trying to say that tanuj and others allready think wrong about you? If so, please handle things correctly.

I thought about you, there is nothing paticular about you? By the way please tell me if there is something particular about you.

Please do not say that you will not say anything, because you always say everything, many a times from the odd angles, and i always reply to your everything, till your saying everything, it is fine for me, but please do not do anything.

I do not know how i can prove you bad, like you know gulshan grover is bad, so we do not have to prove him bad, having said that, hritek roshan is good, we do not have to prove that he is good, by the way, did you know that hritek has six fingers on one hand, while everyone has five fingers.

Vinay.

Last edited:
Vinay

1st of all i am not agrressive, and you must have noticed, i never, in terms of work...(basically)...

Secondly, from where did Hritik and Gulshan came in from...

Ya i heard that some famous actor have six fingers, but never remembered, it being Hritik...

Bro, thankfully, i dont have a bad image in market...
Infact with Tanuj i got pretty good Boss-Employee relations...
He always, favour me...

But, what we discussed yeaterday, was something, just discussion...
and there are 5-6 people in community, who are from our dealer network, and as you know, when something takes a longer route, the original message never reaches the destination... it has all masalas over it....
To avoid that, i requested you to remove the name, from the discussion...
thts it...

Vinay

1st of all i am not agrressive, and you must have noticed, i never, in terms of work...(basically)...

Secondly, from where did Hritik and Gulshan came in from...

Ya i heard that some famous actor have six fingers, but never remembered, it being Hritik...

Bro, thankfully, i dont have a bad image in market...
Infact with Tanuj i got pretty good Boss-Employee relations...
He always, favour me...

But, what we discussed yeaterday, was something, just discussion...
and there are 5-6 people in community, who are from our dealer network, and as you know, when something takes a longer route, the original message never reaches the destination... it has all masalas over it....
To avoid that, i requested you to remove the name, from the discussion...
thts it...

Wow, so nice.

Vinay

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back