WiiM PRO

Wiim Pro sounded better, clear and detailed to my ears on mobile using headphones.

Thanks for using Radha kaise na jale track!
To me, Wiim pro sounded weighty and darker in the video. Fiio BTA30 is more airy and detailed.
Thanks to Kannan taking some time and posting a video.

Seems to excel as a streamer ( for the Price and features ) with Digital Out performing well

Last edited:
I agree with the review 100%, while using an external DAC and using it as a streamer. At least for me it is pointless to use a computer for streaming with streaming services any more. In my experience, Qobuz is glitchy with some of my laptops and user interface is very cumbersome. With the Pro it is very smooth through my android device (and their support as well as upgrades are exceptional). Though I would not compare it favorably with my other higher end streamers (which cost a lot more), for an entry-level set up, IMO this is the best streamer out there, especially for hi-rez services like qobuz, and it sounds excellent.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
I agree with the review 100%, while using an external DAC and using it as a streamer. At least for me it is pointless to use a computer for streaming with streaming services any more. In my experience, Qobuz is glitchy with some of my laptops and user interface is very cumbersome. With the Pro it is very smooth through my android device (and their support as well as upgrades are exceptional). Though I would not compare it favorably with my other higher end streamers (which cost a lot more), for an entry-level set up, IMO this is the best streamer out there, especially for hi-rez services like qobuz, and it sounds excellent.
Cheers,
Sid

Have a doubt, with the WiiM PRO Digital out being good, will there be any difference between the 'Optical & Coaxial' Digital out ?

Have a doubt, with the WiiM PRO Digital out being good, will there be any difference between the 'Optical & Coaxial' Digital out ?
I had the wiim mini, which has only optical. Though it is not apples to apples comparison, my subjective feeling is that coax from pro is better than the optical from mini.
Cheers,
Sid

I don't find any difference between optical or coax output from the Pro either when playback source is a stream/a network file or an optical input.
Ofcourse the output will also depend on the implementation of toslink and coax in the DAC as well. With most modern DACs it should not be a problem.

Coming from Mini, I found Coax to sound better. Haven’t compared optical yet, but sounds good.

Hi friends. Now i have a Raspberry 4 connected by USB to my amplifier dac (Rotel a12).
I'm thinking to buy a wiim pro and connect It by coax to my amplifier, what do you think about?

:) i mean, do i risk to getting worse sound? I would do this swap for convenience...
Jokes apart, WiiM PRO seems to be performing good in the Digital Output as mentioned in the reviews, measurement ( seen in the post #83, #84 )

One thing is sure, it may not be worse

Also, see post #76, Kannan Sir's, you will understand its performance to a greater extent if not 100%

Jokes apart, WiiM PRO seems to be performing good in the Digital Output as mentioned in the reviews, measurement ( seen in the post #83, #84 )

One thing is sure, it may not be worse

Also, see post #76, Kannan Sir's, you will understand its performance to a greater extent if not 100%
Thanks. So it's no preferable to fix volume (no control from wiim) to have "bit perfect"?

@SiR how did you manage to get it? from US?
I also recently bought it from ubuy. It is available at usd 149+ 2000inr + 8000inr custom duty. I know it is little extra, but the streamer is fantastic and has very good value for money. I am sending output to my chord qutest. It's SQ is above Denon, Marantz Or RP 4, that I used in past. Very smooth interface. Detailed sound and clean soundstage. Atleast I am happy, hope software interface remains updated.

Guys, like to get a clarification about connecting Marantz PM8006 with WiiM PRO

1. Is it ok to connect WiiM PRO directly to Marantz PM8006 ? AND will there be any drawback apart from the SOUND QUALITY ( maybe because of the internal DAC )

2. Is it a must that an External DAC must have a preamp ( like Topping E70) to connect WiiM PRO and Marantz PM 8006 , so that it has better control ?

TIA

1. Is it ok to connect WiiM PRO directly to Marantz PM8006 ? AND will there be any drawback apart from the SOUND QUALITY ( maybe because of the internal DAC )

2. Is it a must that an External DAC must have a preamp ( like Topping E70) to connect WiiM PRO and Marantz PM 8006 , so that it has better control ?

TIA
PM8006 is an integrated amplifier so preamp is not required. Initially you connect WiiM pro direct to PM8006.

If you are not satisfied with the SQ from WiiM pro, then you may plan for an external DAC.

DAC with or without preamp option doesn't make any difference while using it with an integrated amp.

TIA

I have used the Wiim Pro and Wiim Mini with its internal DAC, with it is okish in terms of sound quality, boosted V curve kind.
With Marantz already having a V curve, not sure how this would sound.
It will be best to use with an external DAC.

Not a must have for PreAmp mode, as you will be disabling it anyways.

TIAtopping d30

TIA
Topping D30 pro can be one of the good option to explore ( if 30 k budget). It has CS chip. Marantz use this CS, it might be good option to explore. See if you can audition.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back