Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Things which require reliability are electricity, health,car, tv, phone, wife, etc
Dont want much hassle with these or life can be unpleasant.
I would advise him to go for a better brand, even if costlier and in 65".
Worst case it conks off after warranty expires or the company says bye bye to India. Who will you claim a warranty from ?
On a lighter note, I would like to upgrade and experience new stuff often rather than being stuck with same things for a decade simply because I paid a fortune to acquire them. From your list, I am only allowed to upgrade the Phone and the TV. Rest are all off limits, especially the last one.

Well done. That is a far superior product than what we are discussing here.

For the MI camp, don't bother with third party warranty support companies such as oneassist, etc. They are utterly useless. You are better of insuring the TV with a reputed consumer durables insurance provider post the warranty period.
I disagree It's not far superior the experience of a 75inch TV is better a 55inch OLED may provide a little better PQ which I think 90% of the users will not be able to tell. Also, it's expensive and lacks an immersive experience at a lesser price models.

Don't care about him. He owns nothing. Just a 10 year OLED 1080p TV. This forum isn't worth using anymore lol. People here be comparing 55 inch to 75 inch. Absolute state of the forum. If you can send me your email, I will send you the picture settings for Mi Qled 75. Both SDR and HDR. My new settings are mapped to Pioneer KRP 500A. Only @lightgamer seems to know stuff and will also know the reason for Pioneer too
Yes, the thing is OLED is better. Yes, we all know that. But don't have money that's why we bought QLED for a better experience and immersion. That's it Why people always post OLED OLED OLED

I don't have first hand experience. I know how their business model works. They are nothing but a liaison office that outsources repair work. These companies are incapable of sourcing a genuine spare part for your TV, if something were to go wrong. In the end, they are going to go to MI or whoever the manufacturer is for a spare part, which even you can do outside of warranty. Why even bother with them! Besides; the quality of repair is questionable as they are not engineers from the manufacturer. They don't have circuit diagrams and official repair manuals from the manufacturer. What you will experience is a service engineer trying to pry open a part with a screw driver, as they don't know the right way to open it.

More than these useless third party repair providers, insure the device. If it breaks, its not question of repair, its just replacement and you getting back the insured declared value of the product. Isn't this better than repair? I think so.
Again !! One more advice!! But if any one ask fact then he will disappear in to thin air!!!

On a lighter note, I would like to upgrade and experience new stuff often rather than being stuck with same things for a decade simply because I paid a fortune to acquire them. From your list, I am only allowed to upgrade the Phone and the TV. Rest are all off limits, especially the last one.
car 10-15yrs ,mobile 2 years,tv 5-7yrs

I don't have first hand experience. I know how their business model works. They are nothing but a liaison office that outsources repair work. These companies are incapable of sourcing a genuine spare part for your TV, if something were to go wrong. In the end, they are going to go to MI or whoever the manufacturer is for a spare part, which even you can do outside of warranty. Why even bother with them! Besides; the quality of repair is questionable as they are not engineers from the manufacturer. They don't have circuit diagrams and official repair manuals from the manufacturer. What you will experience is a service engineer trying to pry open a part with a screw driver, as they don't know the right way to open it.

More than these useless third party repair providers, insure the device. If it breaks, its not question of repair, its just replacement and you getting back the insured declared value of the product. Isn't this better than repair? I think so.

I in fact had almost decided to go for an insurance from a provider but when I went through the fineprints of T&C , i realized that 3rd party service providers might still be the better option. Reasons as below

- Losses arising due to normal wear and tear or restoration are not covered. TV or for that matter any electronic component will gradually degrade over time. So for any fault which happens , you will be at the mercy of the insurance provider who might very well deny your claim stating that this is due to normal wear and tear

- Manufacturing defects or defects that arise due to the fault of the manufacturer will not be covered. The insured will have to file a claim against the manufacturer in this case......again a highly debatable T&C which is subject to multiple interpretation . There is no mention of what qualifies as a manufacturer fault. If your TVs motherboard fails due to power surge , is the manufacturer responsible for providing a not so resilient motherboard which can handle electrical surge ??:rolleyes:

- The insurance doesn’t cover damages caused due to wilful negligence of the owners, since the item is insured. Damages caused due to negligence of owners, like mishandling or misuse are not covered. Not sure what does wilful negligence means here.

Claiming health insurance and life insurance after a person is dead is is not without its fair share of problems in India and we are talking about a TV !!!

car 10-15yrs ,mobile 2 years,tv 5-7yrs
The first two I agree. But I prefer to upgrade my TV once in 3 years given the pace at which TV technology is evolving. I have multiple TVs at home and usually at least one of them fail in a two year period. I use the opportunity to get a new one.

Interestingly its only Samsung TVs that failed beyond repair in the past 3 years and TCLs and Xiaomi's are running fine.

I don't know. Allianz maybe. Just pick any of the top 2 or 3 consumer durables insurance providers in the market. See what the coverage offers.
I didn't find this product on Google, unless clubbed under home insurance. Can you link a specific insurance to insure 1l TV sets, I would like to buy a tv and this insurance too.

I didn't find this product on Google, unless clubbed under home insurance. Can you link a specific insurance to insure 1l TV sets, I would like to buy a tv and this insurance too.
Why people are not buying MI EW when it's available in just 3800

Why people are not buying MI EW when it's available in just 3800
Actually my query is not specific to MI but a general observation on this new product that I can't seem to find as an unbundled offering,viz. Consumer electronics insurance as a standalone.

Because if you order from Flipkart you can't buy Mi EW
I bought my Q1 from Mi online store. But there is no option to buy extended warranty for QLED models, EW pricing details for QLED are greyed out. I get "Currently you have no eligible IMEIs to purchase Mi Phone Protection. Please make a purchase." when click the Buy Now button for EW.

I took EW from the installer assuming that he would set me up with Mi official warranty. But later realized the warranty he got me is from a third party provider called Zopper. I don't see any good reviews on Zopper.

Not sure why Mi is not offering EW for QLEDs.

I bought my Q1 from Mi online store. But there is no option to buy extended warranty for QLED models, EW pricing details for QLED are greyed out. I get "Currently you have no eligible IMEIs to purchase Mi Phone Protection. Please make a purchase." when click the Buy Now button for EW.

I took EW from the installer assuming that he would set me up with Mi official warranty. But later realized the warranty he got me is from a third party provider called Zopper. I don't see any good reviews on Zopper.

Zopper is tied up officially with MI. You get geniune parts only. I had contacted with MI regarding this, they clarified that non mi website purchases are handled by Zoppers and it has same effectiveness like that that of Mi EW.

Where we can buy Zopper EW for this QLED. From MI site you'll have but the EW within 3 days of delivery after that you can buy from service engineer only that too within 9 months of purchase.

For EW on MI products, its better to go for oneassist. They are MI's official partner.

Not sure why MI is even recommending Zopper.

If you see MI's site:

https://www.mi.com/in/service/support/miextendedwarrantytc.html

This says - "MI EXTENDED WARRANTY – SERVICE DESCRIPTION AND TERMS & CONDITIONS This “Mi Extended Warranty” has been entered into between OneAssist Consumer Solutions Private Limited, herein after referred to as "OneAssist", incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 and having CIN U93090MH2011PTC218163 and the name & address of the customer, herein referred to as “Customer”, mentioned in the application form."

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back