Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Zopper is tied up officially with MI. You get geniune parts only. I had contacted with MI regarding this, they clarified that non mi website purchases are handled by Zoppers and it has same effectiveness like that that of Mi EW.
I am relieved. I didn't know Zopper is one of the official EW providers for Mi.
Where we can buy Zopper EW for this QLED. From MI site you'll have but the EW within 3 days of delivery after that you can buy from service engineer only that too within 9 months of purchase.
The person who installed the TV may be able to help you.

Some might think i was being frivolous, except for the wife, but i was dead serious about reliability being important.
In everyday use items , most important is reliability. People are different and 2 replacements in 2 months of a 1 lakh tv might be ok with some but others might totally hate the disruption.
Even reputed brands have issues as some have commented here , so one can only aim for a brand with higher reliability.
Notice how many buyers in this thread are genuinely worried about warranties as compared to the big 3 threads.
Its not as if 1.3 lakhs is a small amount for most.
Also i am no fan boy as its my first lg after nearly 20 years with solely Sony. And i have atleast 20 posts complaining about quite a few things about the cx65 since the date of purchase in may.
So chill everyone.

Some might think i was being frivolous, except for the wife, but i was dead serious about reliability being important.
In everyday use items , most important is reliability. People are different and 2 replacements in 2 months of a 1 lakh tv might be ok with some but others might totally hate the disruption.
Even reputed brands have issues as some have commented here , so one can only aim for a brand with higher reliability.
Notice how many buyers in this thread are genuinely worried about warranties as compared to the big 3 threads.
Also i am no fan boy as its my first lg after nearly 20 years with solely Sony. And i have atleast 20 posts complaining about quite a few things about the cx65 since the date of purchase in may.
So chill everyone.
Lg is coming with 3-5 years of warranty that's why people aren't taking about it. Allow LG giving 1 year and you will talking about warranty left and right.

So chill everyone.
Bro listens you are not wrong but you'll have to understand the price factor we all are almost middle-class people and want to have a better experience and we can't spend 4 lakh on a TV.

Not sure about the light but you can turn off Google assistant via the swicth located at the bottom of the Mi logo. I have kept it off and somehow felt that the native UI is tad bit faster when Google assistant if off
This is interesting.. let me try that as well.

Though I have firestick, but it doesn't support ATMOS. Therefore at times I have to use the native UI/OS..

Perhaps, next option could be to go for Shield TV Pro.. thinking..

This is interesting.. let me try that as well.

Though I have firestick, but it doesn't support ATMOS. Therefore at times I have to use the native UI/OS..

Perhaps, next option could be to go for Shield TV Pro.. thinking..
The light is distracting me and ATMOS changes nothing if you don't have a good sound system or dedicated hieght channel.

The light is distracting me and ATMOS changes nothing if you don't have a good sound system or dedicated hieght channel.

For me doesn't matter since I donot have the required setup for Atmos. For somebody who has invested in Atmos HT setup , might as well make sense for something like a Nvidia Shield.

This tv is back in flipkart. I had originally planned to buy it during Diwali but getting impatient. Will there be any benefit of waiting till Diwali or I should buy now.

For me it's showing 6000 discount with my hdfc card.
Go for it and start enjoying..

Do remember, sound quality of this TV is pathetic. You might have to invest in a good sound bar or AVR. Be careful to have eARC devices.. only ARC has some issues.

Overall an excellent video screen. Use it as dumb video device and you will be always happy.

Go for it and start enjoying..

Do remember, sound quality of this TV is pathetic. You might have to invest in a good sound bar or AVR. Be careful to have eARC devices.. only ARC has some issues.

Overall an excellent video screen. Use it as dumb video device and you will be always happy.
Thanks. I just ordered the tv through Flipkart. Yes, I am intending to use it as display unit for my current living room HT setup with 5.2.2 channels.

Thanks. I just ordered the tv through Flipkart. Yes, I am intending to use it as display unit for my current living room HT setup with 5.2.2 channels.
Can you detail your HT here which AVR are you using? Also buy 1 year extended warranty it'll cost you 3799 INR I have just bought it but it'll give you a serious peace of mind for 2 years.

Can you detail your HT here which AVR are you using? Also buy 1 year extended warranty it'll cost you 3799 INR I have just bought it but it'll give you a serious peace of mind for 2 years.
I am having Marantz sr 5015 as my AVR which drives my taga 606v3 se speaker set coupled with atoms height speakers and sunfire sds 12 subwoofer units

Sub: Defective/Damaged USB port in a out of the box condition TV – MI Q1 75 inch

Sorry for the lengthy explanation but thought of sharing my experience of purchase of this TV from MI. Might be useful for some who are receiving this new TV.

At the outset let me make it clear I like MI phones and have been using these phones for the past 6 years and also have Robot vacuum MOP from MI. No issues in these products. But MI attempting to come up with a disruptive pricing in a niche space of this TV size(75 inch) is a big gamble considering that it is also incidentally ‘ Make in India’ for keeping the price attractive. MI should have been extra careful to ensure quality checks in the whole supply chain. I have experience launching new products from my company in the market and aware of the glaring and sometimes embarrassing mistakes we had done and realized after it were pointed out by customers.

Ordered the TV on MI app on 25th July 2021 and received via Bluedart on the 26th July as posted earlier. Package was in perfect condition and no signs of damage. For some strange reasons which MI should be knowing that the online registration for free installation is not working. The submit button does not activate even after filling all the required data repeatedly. Tried on website – same problem. After several attempts finally could register for installation thru call center and MI still felt there is no problem with the website. Anyway this was not important since the installation is finally going to happen. Strangely the sms confirmation does not reach and understand that it is a problem with some mobile carriers ( mine is Airtel).

Installation persons finally came on 28th after a follow up call to the call center as I do not have any sms or mail confirmation of the installation service.

Package was opened meticulously and then the wall mounting arrangement was fitted on the TV and to the wall and finally just before mounting I had made a check of the HDMI ports direction to plan the HDMI cable routing ( since my dismantled Samsung TV had the ports on the right handside ) as the MI TV had these on the left handside. While taking pictures I had noticed one of the two USB ports pins were damaged and I had brought this to the notice of the young service engineers. They had agreed and were worried if this blame will be put on them for the handling of the unit.

Fortunately I had videographed the unpacking so they ran thru the video and were pretty sure it was handled correctly. Surprisingly there was no visible damage of the plastic around the USB port to indicate physical damage. I requested the service person to make a note in the service form and surprisingly he did not have one. I asked the service how can this defect which has come from factory be registered and tomorrow anyone can blame the customer. I was told that they do not have a physical form and they have only a soft copy which is generated in system. Surprisingly that format has a column for fault & remarks. I requested that they should atleast mention in the fault section or in the remarks that the TV with a damaged USB pin. But to my surprise one of the MI manager which this service person connected informed that the system does not allow this. I was left without any receipt that the TV had been installed nor till date any automated message from MI that your TV has been installed. I ensured to pay the service persons for the cost of the wall mount.

Frustrated immediately made a call to the number mentioned in MI app and registered a damaged product complaint and requested for a replacement of the unit. As per the normal procedure they promised immediate call back within 24hrs by a resolution expert. Knowing that we need to have a complaint number for future reference I asked the call center lady to provide the same as I feared that I may not receive an SMS as mentioned earlier.

Received a call next day and was enquired about the issue and after explanation they promised a resolution within 7 working days ( did not promise anything about replacement- probably they will evaluate and then recommend). Till date waiting patiently and under the hope that MI will replace the TV with a new TV set and does not disappoint a regular customer.

It looked perfectly clear that this motherboard was installed neatly in the factory itself and no one noticed before the unit was packed. I had also checked for the default ‘Quality ok’ sticker but couldn’t find one. If this is true MI might not be doing a thorough check of all the ports during testing before it is packed and despatched. If they could have followed this procedure this damage could have been easily identifiable and could have been rejected by the quality control engineer immediately.

Nevertheless with a hope that this will be replaced I am giving time to MI to replace if not I have to think about the next course of action. Fortunately I have videographed and taken snaps during the installation which will come handy now.

Damaged USB port - L.jpgDamaged USB port.jpgPorts shot 1.jpg

Note of advise for new purchasers :

• Check all the ports and hardware for any signs of damage even after unpacking
  • Ensure the installation service person comes with a hard copy of the service request form and fills it and handsover a copy to us.
  • As much as possible take snaps of the installation for your record for future reference.
I will post about the response and resolution of MI on this in future posts.

If anyone has MI product managers contact numbers particularly for this product please pass on in a PM. That would be great help. Would like to interact personally as I am fed up with the automated responses.

Sub: Defective/Damaged USB port in a out of the box condition TV – MI Q1 75 inch

Sorry for the lengthy explanation but thought of sharing my experience of purchase of this TV from MI. Might be useful for some who are receiving this new TV.

At the outset let me make it clear I like MI phones and have been using these phones for the past 6 years and also have Robot vacuum MOP from MI. No issues in these products. But MI attempting to come up with a disruptive pricing in a niche space of this TV size(75 inch) is a big gamble considering that it is also incidentally ‘ Make in India’ for keeping the price attractive. MI should have been extra careful to ensure quality checks in the whole supply chain. I have experience launching new products from my company in the market and aware of the glaring and sometimes embarrassing mistakes we had done and realized after it were pointed out by customers.

Ordered the TV on MI app on 25th July 2021 and received via Bluedart on the 26th July as posted earlier. Package was in perfect condition and no signs of damage. For some strange reasons which MI should be knowing that the online registration for free installation is not working. The submit button does not activate even after filling all the required data repeatedly. Tried on website – same problem. After several attempts finally could register for installation thru call center and MI still felt there is no problem with the website. Anyway this was not important since the installation is finally going to happen. Strangely the sms confirmation does not reach and understand that it is a problem with some mobile carriers ( mine is Airtel).

Installation persons finally came on 28th after a follow up call to the call center as I do not have any sms or mail confirmation of the installation service.

Package was opened meticulously and then the wall mounting arrangement was fitted on the TV and to the wall and finally just before mounting I had made a check of the HDMI ports direction to plan the HDMI cable routing ( since my dismantled Samsung TV had the ports on the right handside ) as the MI TV had these on the left handside. While taking pictures I had noticed one of the two USB ports pins were damaged and I had brought this to the notice of the young service engineers. They had agreed and were worried if this blame will be put on them for the handling of the unit.

Fortunately I had videographed the unpacking so they ran thru the video and were pretty sure it was handled correctly. Surprisingly there was no visible damage of the plastic around the USB port to indicate physical damage. I requested the service person to make a note in the service form and surprisingly he did not have one. I asked the service how can this defect which has come from factory be registered and tomorrow anyone can blame the customer. I was told that they do not have a physical form and they have only a soft copy which is generated in system. Surprisingly that format has a column for fault & remarks. I requested that they should atleast mention in the fault section or in the remarks that the TV with a damaged USB pin. But to my surprise one of the MI manager which this service person connected informed that the system does not allow this. I was left without any receipt that the TV had been installed nor till date any automated message from MI that your TV has been installed. I ensured to pay the service persons for the cost of the wall mount.

Frustrated immediately made a call to the number mentioned in MI app and registered a damaged product complaint and requested for a replacement of the unit. As per the normal procedure they promised immediate call back within 24hrs by a resolution expert. Knowing that we need to have a complaint number for future reference I asked the call center lady to provide the same as I feared that I may not receive an SMS as mentioned earlier.

Received a call next day and was enquired about the issue and after explanation they promised a resolution within 7 working days ( did not promise anything about replacement- probably they will evaluate and then recommend). Till date waiting patiently and under the hope that MI will replace the TV with a new TV set and does not disappoint a regular customer.

It looked perfectly clear that this motherboard was installed neatly in the factory itself and no one noticed before the unit was packed. I had also checked for the default ‘Quality ok’ sticker but couldn’t find one. If this is true MI might not be doing a thorough check of all the ports during testing before it is packed and despatched. If they could have followed this procedure this damage could have been easily identifiable and could have been rejected by the quality control engineer immediately.

Nevertheless with a hope that this will be replaced I am giving time to MI to replace if not I have to think about the next course of action. Fortunately I have videographed and taken snaps during the installation which will come handy now.

View attachment 60367View attachment 60368View attachment 60369

Note of advise for new purchasers :

• Check all the ports and hardware for any signs of damage even after unpacking
  • Ensure the installation service person comes with a hard copy of the service request form and fills it and handsover a copy to us.
  • As much as possible take snaps of the installation for your record for future reference.
I will post about the response and resolution of MI on this in future posts.

If anyone has MI product managers contact numbers particularly for this product please pass on in a PM. That would be great help. Would like to interact personally as I am fed up with the automated responses.
Mi's chat support is utterly useless. The very first thing in did was to get the mobile number of local Mi service head who thankfully has been supportive enough to resolve issues that i have had so far

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back