Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

I looked at Flipkart and Mi listing but I can't seem to find that it has 1000 nits. Infact, none of the specification or description talks about Nits.

It boils down to whether your priority is size or picture quality. Unfortunately both cant be had at this price point :p

No contest in size for the Mi 75". It can fit 2 55" Panels!!!

Picture-Quality wise there is no comparison with the CX
What about Samsung frame, 65 inches is close to

I looked at Flipkart and Mi listing but I can't seem to find that it has 1000 nits. Infact, none of the specification or description talks about Nits.
Xiaomi will never talk about peak brightness in their official specs in India, because in that case people will start asking about brightness in their other garbage sets as well.

They don't want people to know that the brightness of the other QLED TVs they sell is not even 400 nits. The 1000-nits for this TV is from their reviewers guide.

You can also check the specs of the same TV on their global site:

Also the review I've linked on this thread only measured the brightness using equipment and was able to reach 830-840 nits (don't remember exactly) on movie mode itself. So the figure is accurate and will easily cross 1000-nits on vivid mode.

Xiaomi will never talk about peak brightness in their official specs in India, because in that case people will start asking about brightness in their other garbage sets as well.

They don't want people to know that the brightness of the other QLED TVs they sell is not even 400 nits. The 1000-nits for this TV is from their reviewers guide.

You can also check the specs of the same TV on their global site:

Also the review I've linked on this thread only measured the brightness using equipment and was able to reach 830-840 nits (don't remember exactly) on movie mode itself. So the figure is accurate and will easily cross 1000-nits on vivid mode.
The first single line review on Flipkart from a certified buyer gives just 1 star. Waiting to hear more!

Am just wondering can a company offer a huge variance in the quality of their products. From less than 400 nits TVs' to ~800 - 1000 nits?

What might be the motivations for such a strategy?

1619889845290.png

The first single line review on Flipkart from a certified buyer gives just 1 star. Waiting to hear more!

View attachment 56718
These kind of reviews by 'misguided consumers' is why I give zero value to flipkart or Amazon reviews unless it comes to basic products like trimmers or phone cases where longevity is more important.

Most of the guys claiming 'worst product' or 'best thing I've ever owned' have no idea what they're talking about, or got a defective product.

He didn't even give any reason why it's bad or even tried to get it replaced. Classic case of a bad review you should avoid.
Am just wondering can a company offer a huge variance in the quality of their products. From less than 400 nits TVs' to ~800 - 1000 nits?

This is called the halo effect strategy and is widely used by Samsung and Sony too. Their flagship product is usually excellent and gets great reviews which everyone notices. Their low end stuff is usually pure garbage and either reviewed by people who aren't suited for review or aren't reviewed at all.

Now when the buyer goes to buy the product he likely doesn't have the budget, so goes for the cheaper model thinking it's almost as good.

I see even on this forum people suggesting low-end Sony and Samsung TVs just because their flagship TVs are reviewed well. Just think about how effective this must be for normal people if if even works on our FMs.

It's not just TVs either. Nvidia sells tons of xx50 series GPUs on the hype of xx70 or xx80/ti performance, and Samsung has sold millions of J series phones in the past because their S/Note series was so good (not to mention them selling inferior Exynos versions of their phones in India whereas the better Snapdragon one in US which gets reviewed the most).

Last edited by a moderator:
These kind of reviews by idio 'misguided consumers' is why I give zero value to flipkart or Amazon reviews unless it comes to basic products like trimmers or phone cases where longevity is more important.

Most of the guys claiming 'worst product' or 'best thing I've ever owned' have no idea what they're talking about, or got a defective product.

He didn't even give any reason why it's bad or even tried to get it replaced. Classic case of a bad review you should avoid.

This is called the halo effect strategy and is widely used by Samsung and Sony too. Their flagship product is usually excellent and gets great reviews which everyone notices. Their low end stuff is usually pure garbage and either reviewed by people who aren't suited for review or aren't reviewed at all.

Now when the buyer goes to buy the product he likely doesn't have the budget, so goes for the cheaper model thinking it's almost as good.

I see even on this forum people suggesting low-end Sony and Samsung TVs just because their flagship TVs are reviewed well. Just think about how effective this must be for normal people if if even works on our FMs.

It's not just TVs either. Nvidia sells tons of xx50 series GPUs on the hype of xx70 or xx80/ti performance, and Samsung has sold millions of J series phones in the past because their S/Note series was so good (not to mention them selling inferior Exynos versions of their phones in India whereas the better Snapdragon one in US which gets reviewed the most).
Excellent response! Thanks...
If I were to take your analogy, Xaomi is like Maruti trying to move up the value ladder and make a space in the luxury segment. Hence it will try to offer more features at a more competitive price point On the other hand, Sony and Samsung are like the Mercedes or BMW offering an entry-level car, but still charging a huge premium because of their brand value...

all the major brands have tvs from 400-1000 nits range I think except LG.Its good that finally, these budget brands decided to bring a 1000nits tv in india.Till now only sony Samsung had 1000 nits tvs for a premium price.

A brand like TCL is selling 1000 nits TVs in USA for a very affordable price.but in India we get 400-500nits garbage tvs.I hope if this tv sells well then TCL and Hisense will launch their flagship TVs in India at an affordable price.

Did any member receive the TV? Hoping to hear first impressions.
I received the TV today. Installation service is not available in Bangalore due to lockdown. Customer care has asked to go ahead with self installation. One shot video of installation must be produced for warranty purpose. I may install the TV tonight.

I received the TV today. Installation service is not available in Bangalore due to lockdown. Customer care has asked to go ahead with self installation. One shot video of installation must be produced for warranty purpose. I may install the TV tonight.
Waiting for your update ankuraiz sir

For such a big TV, make sure there are at least 3 people installing it. Two (the strongest two) to hold the TV and the third person to guide you guys.

Waiting for your update ankuraiz sir
Guys i finally got time to open the box and install the TV. I ordered direct from MI site. The box was packed like a tank and it took me more time to remove the packing than installation. The TV looks huge in person my viewing distance is 11-12 ft and i find it borderline distance. My current TV is 5 year old 60 inch Samsung 7 series UHD.

Initial impression is very good and TV looks better than i expected. Few points:

• This is definitely not 1000 nits may be 600-800.Will know more about brightness performance during daytime.
  • UI resolution is not good.
  • UI is not very slow. I found no issues. It is not as fast as Firestick 4k but not bad.
  • One big problem i found was missing menu/settings button on remote.
  • Very happy with the purchase.
  • Slight yellow tint all across.
  • Remote needs to be synched once before it works. The very first time, the TV needs to be turned on using the button only.
  • Size does matter :)

For such a big TV, make sure there are at least 3 people installing it. Two (the strongest two) to hold the TV and the third person to guide you guys.

Actually, 4 people needed. One to make one shot video of the installation! :)
Me and Wify managed. Used to be a fitness freak. Have played Squash nationals during college days. And she as taking video 90% of the time.:)

I believe it will be better to cut the box by side and take the unit out horizontally. Samsung Big Screens are usually unboxed this way.
I followed the instructions on the box and lifted the box vertically. Found it quite easy.

Here are some pics. Apologies for bad quality.

Cheers,
AJ

20210503_212906.jpg20210504_011401.jpg20210504_011433.jpg

Last edited:
Guys i finally got time to open the box and install the TV. I ordered direct from MI site. The box was packed like a tank and it took me more time to remove the packing than installation. The TV looks huge in person my viewing distance is 11-12 ft and i find it borderline distance. My current TV is 5 year old 60 inch Samsung 7 series UHD.

Initial impression is very good and TV looks better than i expected. Few points:

• This is definitely not 1000 nits may be 600-800.Will know more about brightness performance during daytime.
  • UI is not very slow. I found no issues. It is not as fast as Firestick 4k but not bad.
  • Remote needs to be synched once before it works. The very first time, the TV needs to be turned on using the button only.

I followed the instructions on the box and lifted the box vertically. Found it quite easy.

Cheers,
AJ

View attachment 56766View attachment 56767View attachment 56768
Congratulations on the new TV. Do you think it will look too big from 9.5-10ft distance?

Cheers,
AJ

View attachment 56766View attachment 56767View attachment 56768
Congratulations! Please let us know about the TV's daylight performance. How does the screen handle reflections? Also, please let us know about upscaling performance.

Thiss is definitely not 1000 nits may be 600-800.Will know more about brightness performance during daytime.
For SDR content, it won't go higher than 400-500 nits. Even 2000 nits Samsung TVs won't do that as it will burn your eyes.

Only with HDR content and peak specular highlight you'll see the 800+ nits.

Please make sure the backlight setting is at max in the HDR mode.
UI resolution is not good.
Android TV always renders at 1080p
Slight yellow tint all across
Try to make the white balance a bit cooler/higher. That will solve the issue.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back