Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Thanks. I got the the HDMI mode option after I disabled CEC. Tried with both HDMI 2.0 and 2.1. But it turned out to be an anti-climax. Firestick connected to AVR gives me stunning PQ with HDMI set to 1.4. Picture is bright, colors are vivid with no hint of any pixelation. Interestingly the Dolby Vision logo didn't come up though Netflix listed the show as DV. With HDMI 2.0/2.1 enabled, DV logo shows up but PQ is horribly bad. It looks like a poor quality 720p upscaled to 4k. Picture appears highly pixelated, colors washed out with very low brightness.

I think with HDMI1.4, it either runs at 1080p or 4K with SDR but gives superb PQ. I don't know if poor PQ in HDR is TV's problem or HDR is a sham for non OLED panels.

BTW, I couldn't get audio from TV passed to AVR over ARC at all. I even tried PCM. No audio heard on TV/AVR once ARC is enabled.
What are your Firestick's video settings?

Which AVR?

Have you tried playing any of the DV shows from Netflix?

If you don't mind, could you please document and share your picture settings?
Unfortunately I don't have Netflix subscription right now. I do have prime video and Hotstar ( does play Dolby Vision without any issue).
I do get the both Dolby logo. I am pretty sure you should check your hdcp settings too. Else it would show only ULTRA HD 4K in place of Dolby Vision. I use Jio Box so can't really help with fire stick. However I can help with HDR10+ right now.

Attachments

• IMG_20210720_162733.jpg
    IMG_20210720_162733.jpg
    637.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20210720_163642.jpg
    IMG_20210720_163642.jpg
    529 KB · Views: 48
Unfortunately I don't have Netflix subscription right now. I do have prime video and Hotstar ( does play Dolby Vision without any issue).
I do get the both Dolby logo. I am pretty sure you should check your hdcp settings too. Else it would show only ULTRA HD 4K in place of Dolby Vision. I use Jio Box so can't really help with fire stick. However I can help with HDR10+ right now.
Thanks. I get DV and DA logos on the TV when HDMI2.1 is enabled. Netflix also says the show is available in DV. I would try DV from both Hotstar and Prime.

Thanks. I get DV and DA logos on the TV when HDMI2.1 is enabled. Netflix also says the show is available in DV. I would try DV from both Hotstar and Prime.
Downloading and playing DV contents and playing them using external hard drive is the best experience. Remuxes look best. OTT looks joke in front of them.

I have an 8TB disk filled with many 4k titles each having 40 to 60GB of size. But not sure if any of them are with DV. Will check.
use olamovies.us. Possibly the best site to get all recent titles in 4k Dolby vision. You directly get Google drive link.

Yeah go in color tuner and you will find the option " flesh tones".
I tried this and it made a small improvement ... the only issue is that the setting doesn't carry over to input sources and the advanced colour tuning option also isn't available when connected to an input source - only on the main TV UI - and 99% of my content is consumed away from the main TV interface.

I tried this and it made a small improvement ... the only issue is that the setting doesn't carry over to input sources and the advanced colour tuning option also isn't available when connected to an input source - only on the main TV UI - and 99% of my content is consumed away from the main TV interface.
That's not true. It's pulled over input sources too. Infact it's just opposite, you cannot change the look/ colors of TV UI. Even @neogen will confirm the same.
Plus, you need to change the picture setting of input source, it must be pulling in standard/ monitor mode. Color tuner isn't available in all modes if I recall correctly.

That's not true. It's pulled over input sources too. Infact it's just opposite, you cannot change the look/ colors of TV UI. Even @neogen will confirm the same.
Plus, you need to change the picture setting of input source, it must be pulling in standard/ monitor mode. Color tuner isn't available in all modes if I recall correctly.
It's definitely the case on mine. And my input is set to Movie mode - the same as in the main TV interface.

It's definitely the case on mine. And my input is set to Movie mode - the same as in the main TV interface.
Maybe your software isn't Indian then.
Cause I checked it for you.This is using my Android Box on HDMI. You can see it works everywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_20210720_182938.jpg
    IMG_20210720_182938.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20210720_182929.jpg
    IMG_20210720_182929.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20210720_182948.jpg
    IMG_20210720_182948.jpg
    447.4 KB · Views: 41
TV arrived last night and I have a few questions:

- I'm using eARC for my audio. I have a new Apple TV and stereo HomePods for the audio output. The only issue is that the tv recognises this, so therefore mutes itself, but keeps the mute icon in the bottom of the screen (even when not using the TVs own UI or standard tv channels). Is there a way to remove this?
Try pressing the volume + button on the TV remote once.

For each mode you can have different settings and it changes depending on content being played. If its showing Movie, means its in HD or lesser content quality.

BTW, I couldn't get audio from TV passed to AVR over ARC at all. I even tried PCM. No audio heard on TV/AVR once ARC is enabled.
My stupidity. I had the AVR hooked up to a projector in my HT room earlier, there was no need for ARC so had it disabled. Forgot to reenable ARC when I repurposed it for Living room TV.

Have enabled it now, ARC works flawlessly for content played from native TV apps. AVR shows DD+ for Netflix shows, Audio is maintained after pause/resume, switch between multiple apps etc.

So I can confirm that no compatibility issues between Pioneer VSX-LX series and Q1.

@SteveRPenny @jarneevan

See the attached images. This is Netflix playing on Firestick.

Honestly, I haven't made any changes to settings. This TV is super amazing in terms of PQ and it's out of box settings.
I have same settings on my Firestick. The Picture mode on my TV says Dolby Vision Bright. So I think it plays in DV. But PQ in DV/HDR10 mode appear to be inferior to SDR. As I said earlier picture is grainy, colors look washed out and looks dull.

I would try to take some snaps of same video playing with and without HDR mode engaged. Hope I can capture the difference on the mobile camera.

BTW, could you please tell me what is the setting you have for HDMI Range - Auto, Full and Limit? Full seem to just increase the backlight, kind of looks superficial but does nothing to improve the PQ.

BTW, could you please tell me what is the setting you have for HDMI Range - Auto, Full and Limit? Full seem to just increase the backlight, kind of looks superficial but does nothing to improve the PQ.

HDMI range? where do I see these settings? All HDMI ports are enabled to 2.1

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back