XMP - Diwali Offer from Xtreamer India

Status
Not open for further replies.

tellranga

Friends,
Those who are planning to buy XMP from Xtremer India, please be aware of this Diwali offer ,
Last Date - 14th October, 2009
TechEnclave userid is mandatory (free registration),
  • OPtion 1) price for XMP + free shipping charge= Rs.9,990/-
  • Option 2) price for XMP + free HDMI Cable & Optical cables = Rs.10,640/- (9990 + shipping charges of Rs.650)

Sumit Kumar from Xtreamer India confirmed that these cable are made in China but they are of very good quality, thoroughly tested for Xtreamer.
My question is,
Can we rely on this cable and select option 2 for Rs.10,640/- or option 1 for Rs.9,990/- and buy our own branded cables.
Please help me to make a decision, got stuck.

Last edited:
The cables should work fine, should not be an issue, go for the complete setup along with the cables, you should not face any issues.

Buying more expensive cables won't necessarily make a huge difference.

Also there is already an xtreamer thread running so please avoid creating duplicate threads,

Can we rely on this cable and select option 2 for Rs.10,640/- or option 1 for Rs.9,990/- and buy our own branded cables.
Please help me to make a decision, got stuck.

Go for it, HDMI are Digital Cables, they either send the signal or dont, there is nothing like good quality signal or bad quality signal. There are many tests thats proven totally high priced Monster and Regular HDMI have no difference in PQ or SQ

Only analogue cables suffer that. 650 extra is a good deal.

Go for it, HDMI are Digital Cables, they either send the signal or dont, there is nothing like good quality signal or bad quality signal. There are many tests thats proven totally high priced Monster and Regular HDMI have no difference in PQ or SQ

Only analogue cables suffer that. 650 extra is a good deal.

It may not be as straight forward as this. HDMI has a version number and version 1.3 has category 1 and 2 cables. wikipedia explains what they mean. For example, you need 1.3 high speed cable to get 1080p video with Dolby TrueHD. Bluejeans cable gets their cables certified for these standards.
I am not saying that the free HDMI cable is not good, it may be worthwhile to find out if they are 1.3+ high speed certified.

It may not be as straight forward as this. HDMI has a version number and version 1.3 has category 1 and 2 cables. wikipedia explains what they mean. For example, you need 1.3 high speed cable to get 1080p video with Dolby TrueHD. Bluejeans cable gets their cables certified for these standards.
I am not saying that the free HDMI cable is not good, it may be worthwhile to find out if they are 1.3+ high speed certified.

Raj you are very correct, but Xtreamer does not support Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD, the cable has to be 1.3 compliant to pass thorugh True HD audio. Thanks Raj for pointing it.

Last edited:
I bought my XMP with the option 2 offer. I am not happy with the build quality of Optical cable. It looks pretty cheap and feeble. Not tested it though.I use the Panasonic HDMI cable which I got free with my G10. That is of great quality.

I bought my XMP with the option 2 offer. I am not happy with the build quality of Optical cable. It looks pretty cheap and feeble. Not tested it though.I use the Panasonic HDMI cable which I got free with my G10. That is of great quality.

Can you please test both cable and post result. This will help members decide.

Raj you are very correct, but Xtreamer does not support Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD, so it really doesn't matter for this requirement :)

Mad,
In the XMP website it is mentioned as,
Specs.
I missed to notice earlier that it is a Audio pass through (good catch).
"Audio pass through : DTS, Dolby Digital, DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD HR, Dolby True HD, Dolby Digital Plus "
This leads to another question,
In their future XMP products, if they happen to support Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD or any other latest format, that will be reflected in our XMP players by updating the latest firmwares right ?

Mad,

This leads to another question,
In their future XMP products, if they happen to support Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD or any other latest format, that will be reflected in our XMP players by updating the latest firmwares right ?

I dont think they will do it nor will it be a firmware upgrade. If they do it they will launch it as a new version priced higher like what Popcorn and WDTV did.

But if you have a receiver capable of decoding True HD then it really doesnt matter bcos Xtreamer will pass through and your receiver will do the decoding and send the HD audio to speakers.

I do agree that it is avaliable on ebay. What I am asking is when will Xtreamer India is going to list this on ebay. I dont see a listing from xtreamer india.

I'm sorry, should've checked...there were other postings than what shows up now and they were refering to xtreamer.in. I had spoken to Sumit yesterday and he had told me that I could buy from ebay. Dunno what happened between then and now. :sad:

eBay listing withdrawn

Today, was the day when eBay was supposed to transfer the funds to our bank account for the products we sold so far.

Instead of funds, we got 2 emails.

Email-1. "Your PaisaPay remittance is on hold"

Email-2. "Your PaisaPay registration is suspended"

Don't know how so many people are selling on eBay. :mad:

Till the time we get our funds, we will not be able to offer Xtreamer on eBay.

What I like is your responsiveness.. That brings some confidence in us
Any pan of selling in Mumbai through retail channel?

eBay listing withdrawn

Today, was the day when eBay was supposed to transfer the funds to our bank account for the products we sold so far.

Instead of funds, we got 2 emails.

Email-1. "Your PaisaPay remittance is on hold"

Email-2. "Your PaisaPay registration is suspended"

Don't know how so many people are selling on eBay. :mad:

Till the time we get our funds, we will not be able to offer Xtreamer on eBay.

Sorry to hear this Sumit. There must have been some small issue, get it sorted out by speaking to them. Ebay is a fantastic place to buy and sell. Ebay India is yet to reach the level of maturity of Ebay.com but surely is catching up fast.

Hope these issues get sorted out soon.

It is very surprising to hear this Sumit. They have a toll free no, please call them and talk to them, it does not make sense, and update us on what they say ?

So moral of the story is: Don't buy from ebay ?

I'm planning to get one and ebay has got some discounts.. tried searching in ebay but the only seller is rediceauction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back