Yamaha RXV685 or Denon X2600H or Marantz NR1609 for TAGA HARMONY 606se

Hello All,

I am a newbie and a new joiner in the community. Based on the forum/public readings and suggestions, ended up buying TAGA Harmony 606se package. I am now actively looking for a decent AVR to power it up. Am confused between Yamaha RXV685 , Denon X2600H and Marantz NR1609. Need your valuable inputs here to make up my decision among these three.

P.S - This will be my first home theatre setup intended for music(70%) and movies(30%).

Thanks,

If you are more inclined towards music then Marantz first....else next option is Yamaha....these also work well for movies but provide a warm signature to music....

Denon & pioneer caters more towards movies....

There are seperate threads of owners for each of these brands...suggest not to rush..please read...audition where you can and then take a call

I have both Marantz and Denon avr and my experience says Marantz is more musical and subtle with polite bass which suits more for music where as Denon is clean and flat with punchy bass, character more suited for movies. Denon is more dynamic and bit more energetic for movies. Marantz brings micro details from sound track which are more enjoyable. Yamaha may have best of both. Audition and matching speakers may judge the best of three. But I will prefer Marantz due to front pre out option and more inclinations towards music. This will give me more room to upgrade front speakers as well as to add power amplifier to front speakers in future. This will give Marantz a longer life on upgdradation path.

Thanks all for your valuable inputs. I am also slightly tilting towards Marantz. Yet to start with the demos, probably will visit few stores over this weekend...

Basis % of music usage you mentioned above I definitely recommend Marantz. I too shifted from Denon to Marantz for music.

However, looking at Taga speaker specifications you mentioned above I am bit skeptical if NR 1609 will provide required power to drive them for immersive experience.

During demo with my Tannoy V4i I happened to demo NR 1609, SR 6013 and SR 5013. I felt NR 1609 wasn’t producing every detail as SR 6013 or 5013.

Forum members here can chime in but I would recommend you go for SR series (definitely 60xx series over 50xx) of Marantz instead.

Yamaha v685 is a recommendation from me. I find Yamaha interface to be simple and easy to configure/setup. Its DSPs, freq control, individual speaker adjustment and eq is very effective and robust.

I have been using v585, a version lower than v685 and I haven't been disappointed once with its performance and prowess.

Thanks all for your valuable inputs. I am also slightly tilting towards Marantz. Yet to start with the demos, probably will visit few stores over this weekend...

Demo the marantz......if you feel that it is crossing your budget then look at Yamaha models....

There are many dealing with marantz.....Check the rates with all dealers.....also check with Hifi Mart...Am sure Anil can offer a competitive price if possible...

The key factor to keep in mind besides the power output in marantz is the Audyssey MultiEQ version on each model. Overall Audyssey setup is conservative in volume levels and there is always room to increase these speaker levels manually.....there are ample threads on this in the Owner threads we have.....

SR5013 and SR5014 have MultiEQ XT and the SR6013 SR6014 have MultiEQXT32 along with SubEQ for further refinement.....NR series have only MultiEQ (Basic version). That does not mean the warm sound quality is absent...I have personally been using marantz for close to 8 years now from NR1402 to NR1601 then NR1506 then NR1605 then SR5008 the SR6008 etc etc.....

Demo the marantz......if you feel that it is crossing your budget then look at Yamaha models....

There are many dealing with marantz.....Check the rates with all dealers.....also check with Hifi Mart...Am sure Anil can offer a competitive price if possible...

The key factor to keep in mind besides the power output in marantz is the Audyssey MultiEQ version on each model. Overall Audyssey setup is conservative in volume levels and there is always room to increase these speaker levels manually.....there are ample threads on this in the Owner threads we have.....

SR5013 and SR5014 have MultiEQ XT and the SR6013 SR6014 have MultiEQXT32 along with SubEQ for further refinement.....NR series have only MultiEQ (Basic version). That does not mean the warm sound quality is absent...I have personally been using marantz for close to 8 years now from NR1402 to NR1601 then NR1506 then NR1605 then SR5008 the SR6008 etc etc.....
+1 from me as well.

Hello All,

I am a newbie and a new joiner in the community. Based on the forum/public readings and suggestions, ended up buying TAGA Harmony 606se package. I am now actively looking for a decent AVR to power it up. Am confused between Yamaha RXV685 , Denon X2600H and Marantz NR1609. Need your valuable inputs here to make up my decision among these three.

P.S - This will be my first home theatre setup intended for music(70%) and movies(30%).

Thanks,

If I were you, I'd skip the Marantz NR1609 if my room is larger than 2000 cu ft. Marantz is being said they sound nice for music. By blind tests, one couldnt definitely not distinguish if these three receivers are properly level matched for untrained ears.

I'd choose the NR1609 if my room is small and if I get the cheapest deal among three.

If all have the same price or NR1609 quoted above the two, I'd definitely pick up X2600H Denon as it offers more power and has the same Auddysey room correction.

Yamaha still would be good choice. But, I don't know how good it is with budget YPAO room correction when it comes to movies.

As you are worried more about music and as you are only looking for an AV receiver in your budget, I'd slightly bump up and pick the Marantz SR 5013 or 5014 instead of the NR1609. If X2600H is right at your budget. I wouldn't hesitate picking up that among your three choices even if x2600h is 3-4k costlier. If the Yamaha gives you the cheapest deal, I might go with the Yamaha and I'm sure I wouldn't be dissapointed.

My suggestion for you is if you slightly bump up your budget and can go to the Marantz SR series for more power and has a better power supply than the NR1609 and also with Preout functions for Speaker channels.

Personally I use Marantz SR 7013 right now and in the past, Ive used Marantz SR 5008 and 5009 and have auditioned the NR lines and had owned Onkyo HTIB boxes.

All the best..

Please let me know the deal you are getting with your 3 choices if you are OK with that. Just to know.

If you are looking at denon 2600 I have a 2 month old receiver which I am planning to trade off. My room is quite big and I need power amps but I mistakenly bought the 2600 whist I should have opted for 3500 and above.
I see you to are in Bangalore so if interested drop me a message.

If you are looking at denon 2600 I have a 2 month old receiver which I am planning to trade off. My room is quite big and I need power amps but I mistakenly bought the 2600 whist I should have opted for 3500 and above.
I see you to are in Bangalore so if interested drop me a message.
If my memory serves me correct, i think 3600 have 2 extra channel processing then 3500. So, getting a 3500 is better choice IMHO

My suggestion for you is if you slightly bump up your budget and can go to the Marantz SR series for more power and has a better power supply than the NR1609 and also with Preout functions for Speaker channels.

+1 it will do wonders for music. I was here in this forum last year with same question and members here helped me take wiser decision to buy SR series.

Thank you all once again for your valuable feedback. I took a demo of Marantz SR5014 and instantly fell in love with it. The store guy assured me that I will get near about similar experience with NR1609 provided it is calibrated properly which he assured to take care of post my purchase. I am not fully convinced though.. SR series being slightly out of my budget range (~up to 60k) I might try Yamaha rxv685. Will keep you all updated on my demo experience and final pick.

Thank you all once again for your valuable feedback. I took a demo of Marantz SR5014 and instantly fell in love with it. The store guy assured me that I will get near about similar experience with NR1609 provided it is calibrated properly which he assured to take care of post my purchase. I am not fully convinced though.. SR series being slightly out of my budget range (~up to 60k) I might try Yamaha rxv685. Will keep you all updated on my demo experience and final pick.
If you can go one generation back i.e. SR5013 you might get the same experience. I think and hope only there will be a slight difference between this and SR5014 and a few more bells and whistles. SR5013 you can get around 50k. All the best.

hello,
with the amount of discussions going on and user feedback, I am not really able to understand NR series will sound as good as SR series or much closer atleast, some say yes n some say no

I am getting used under warranty NR 1609 for 35k INR, within my budget but worried whether it will drive tower speakers or not. I dont get the opportunity for audition.

Please help me in making the decision. Thanks in advance for your inputs

hello,
with the amount of discussions going on and user feedback, I am not really able to understand NR series will sound as good as SR series or much closer atleast, some say yes n some say no

I am getting used under warranty NR 1609 for 35k INR, within my budget but worried whether it will drive tower speakers or not. I dont get the opportunity for audition.

Please help me in making the decision. Thanks in advance for your inputs
It will definitely handle taga 606se....... just go for it

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back