21:9 Ultrawide monitors for general purpose - Budget 25K - Suggestions please !!

1.5 feet maybe.
Resolution of the monitor is very high.

Ok.. I think 1.5 feet is too close for a 34 inch ultra wide monitor.. May be 3 feet would be good IMO..

Why not go with a 30" or 32" 16:10 monitor. that's plenty big both vertically and horizontally.

Nope.. Not really interested in the regular monitors (16:9/10).. I will try to take first hand demo and see if that would suit me..

Ok.. I think 1.5 feet is too close for a 34 inch ultra wide monitor.. May be 3 feet would be good IMO..
Resolution is too high on mine. Everything appears small and uncomfortable at 3 feet. I can try large icons and scaling maybe...
Nope.. Not really interested in the regular monitors (16:9/10).. I will try to take first hand demo and see if that would suit me..
All the best. Do post your impressions

Last edited:
Picked up an used (almost new) LG Utrawide Monitor from OLX.. 3 months old for 17K, with 2 yrs and 9 months official LG warranty left..

TBZab8K.jpg

PJ6hwz8.jpg

Monitor has 2 HDMI Inputs.. Connected a Win 7 PC thru bare bones Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 GPU and it immediately adjusted to Ultra widescreen aspect ratio 21:9 and 2560 x 1080 resolution..

Tried connecting Android TV Box, Z69 (Non - Android TV running Android 7.1) and Xiaomi Mi 3 (certified Android TV, running Android 8.0) thru HDMI, both didn't have options for custom resolution and is set to output only 16:9.. I see black bars on either sides of the screen..

Never owned a Play-station / Xbox, though to make a step with gaming on Ultrawide monitor thru this..

I have a Oneplus 5T mobile (18:9 aspect ratio) with USB type-C port.. Thinking if i could use USB type-C to HDMI cable would make any benefit.. Any thoughts?..

Posting in the forum after a very long time
Have gone the Htpc route & loving it
Will hopefully start a thread on it.
HTPC built with
1. LG 34" Ultrawide monitor
2. Dell inspiron 5577 gaming laptop
3. Yamaha AVR RXV685.
4. Q acoustic concept 20 BS speakers
5. Q acoustic 3090 centre
6. Couple of massive subs from old setup
7. Yamaha satellite speakers for surrounds
8. Phillips BDP ( using it to play Audio cds)
9 Cubetek Hi media media player

More to come ..on the new thread

HTPC built with
3. Yamaha AVR RXV685.

Ultrawide Monitor for movies.. Vow.. Great.. How far from the monitor is comfortable viewing for movies?.. Have you positioned the speakers near-field?

HTPC built with
3. Yamaha AVR RXV685.

Good to hear from you after a long time

Ultrawide Monitor for movies.. Vow.. Great.. How far from the monitor is comfortable viewing for movies?.. Have you positioned the speakers near-field?

can sit close ,about a meter ,will post a picture

yes!! for movies ultrawide is simply amazing, it really gives a superb depth & immersive feel , as you are sitting close to screen...may upgrade to 38" (lg has one recently launched, samsung has a huge 43 or 48..would have gone for it but no space)

its so good you will not even want a 65" tv or a projector .....i have sold off my projector & the 65'' tv is lying unused

can sit close ,about a meter ,will post a picture

yes!! for movies ultrawide is simply amazing, it really gives a superb depth & immersive feel , as you are sitting close to screen...may upgrade to 38" (lg has one recently launched, samsung has a huge 43 or 48..would have gone for it but no space)

its so good you will not even want a 65" tv or a projector .....i have sold off my projector & the 65'' tv is lying unused

Ok Great.. I do watch movies occasionally on it, plan to use the ultrawide monitor for Android gaming.. As of now Android supports between 16:9 and 21:9 AR for gaming, no native 21:9 support.. When that happens, i guess gaming on this monitor is going to be great..

Picked up an LG 34inch Ultrawide 1080p (34WL500) monitor from amazon.in, on a prime day deal for 26K..

Felt, that i paid little more price for the model, but there weren't any alternative ultra-wide in that range..

- The stand that comes with the monitor is not height adjustable, but has tilt option..
- When placed of table, felt slightly taller with non adjustable height.. I think will need to get a height adjustable stand..
- Monitor says it is HDR10 capable, but brightness is only 250 cd/m²..
- It has HDR menu in the monitor settings.. When engaged, the whole screen becomes brighter.. But i don't find HDR enabled when playing thru youtube..
- Movies look superb upclose ~ 2 ft..

Overall, happy with the purchase..

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back