32 in LCD comparison

well one of the drawback of the samsung is the glossy screen,it helps give u perhaps that extra blacks,but the reflections will just spoil it,so if u have a bright room,u are going to see glare,which spoils the blacks and what ever shadow detail u can see.off course won't be an issue for some who have their lighting sorted out.
well the philips 5609 is interesting,with decent image processing certainly better then LG & panasonic lcds.perhaps as good as good as samsung.but sony V550A still looks a bit better.the BE3 also address the motion handling capability,where the older sony BE2 lcds weren't impressive,its now definitely smoother then the samsung.
the philips and sony are quite close both have ample analog and digital connections,samsung this year have reduced the number of analog connections with the so called dual use connection.

well one of the drawback of the samsung is the glossy screen,it helps give u perhaps that extra blacks,but the reflections will just spoil it,
well the philips 5609 is interesting,with decent image processing certainly better then LG & panasonic lcds.perhaps as good as good as samsung.but sony V550A still looks a bit better.

Well samy I saw was mat finished & saw with tubelights on.Philips is grp test winner in this months whatshifi mag with both SonyV550 & Philips 5star.
Philips reads Divx too.

3 Bests are Phil5609, SonyV550 & SamyA550

Spi: Based on you latest Narnian view :), can you update the score list so that people who read dont get carried away by 9.5 of LG or do you still think it warrants 9.5? I think Philips is really good and so is Hitachi, I would say Hitachi is the BEST VFM

Spi: Based on you latest Narnian view :), can you update the score list so that people who read dont get carried away by 9.5 of LG or do you still think it warrants 9.5? I think Philips is really good and so is Hitachi, I would say Hitachi is the BEST VFM

Yes I will update the score & I have edited rest with saying LG VFM & Phil premium winner sothat viewers may not get misguided..

Update-Has Philips LCD problem with nvidia Graphiccard?-
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1002292

Last edited:
Didn't see the Sony 32S550A in that chart.

If price is not a factor & additional features like USB are ignored which one is better only on basis of PQ: 32S550A or 32V550A ? ...especially for SD DTH broadcast

Last edited:
Didn't see the Sony 32S550A in that chart.

If price is not a factor & additional features like USB are ignored which one is better only on basis of PQ: 32S550A or 32V550A ? ...especially for SD DTH broadcast

well the V550A has a tiny bit of extra contrast.for SD the S550A does have a slight edge.

well the V550A has a tiny bit of extra contrast.for SD the S550A does have a slight edge.

If I connect my laptop to the TV using a VGA cable (it doesnt support HDMI) then which out of the 2 will be better to see DivX movies from my laptop?

If I connect my laptop to the TV using a VGA cable (it doesnt support HDMI) then which out of the 2 will be better to see DivX movies from my laptop?

well all tvs support content over VGA,in most tv if it has 100hz,200hz etc the feature will be turned on.some of the image processing capabilities are also turned off,it all comes down to how good the source is and the capabilities of the IGP or graphics card in ur laptop.

well all tvs support content over VGA,in most tv if it has 100hz,200hz etc the feature will be turned on.some of the image processing capabilities are also turned off,it all comes down to how good the source is and the capabilities of the IGP or graphics card in ur laptop.

Yes. But am I right in assuming that its safer to use HD Ready TV to connect my laptop as it may be difficult for an average graphics card to upscale the resolution to Full HD?

Yes. But am I right in assuming that its safer to use HD Ready TV to connect my laptop as it may be difficult for an average graphics card to upscale the resolution to Full HD?

well no,even the old graphics such as FX and Geforce 6/7 series can upscale,its no big deal.
what may be hard for a laptop is to play 1080p FHD videos with high bit rate,unless offcourse it has a dedicated graphics card.

DVD PQ= DVD is much better here,image looks very natural & Theatre like,occassionally softness,but much enjoyable than LG.Dark scenes are much detailed than any other LCDs herer.Sharpness very natural.
HD PQ= On top of everything,flowing water is just natural without adding extra blue colour.Motion is equally good(with SD too)
USB = USB loading is not atomatic though but fast after manually selected.It read entire 3 movs in less than 15sec.Images again natural & theatrelike,it can also play Realmedia(10),I didnt have that time with me.

So if you are searching premium brand,Philips can be the best .

gr8 work :) would be nice if you update the price range too for each model. any idea how much is hitachi?

Thanks,
Prakash.

benq sister company is AU optronics where sony procures their lcds from.
sony has been outsourcing from a long time.now days its only more of R&D.just like nvidia ,AMD which does all the R&D and then gives the order to TSMC.
even the bezels in sony lcd are outsourced as per sony specs.

and regarding the reviews at tech 2 they write some crap amateur reviews in the television segment.tech 2 forums is pretty much dead.network 18 owns CHIP mag, the very magazine that said big tv STBs are HD and have DVR:lol:,they also own AV max the very magazine that believed samsung LED tvs was a new tech when they reviewed one of the LED lcds ,only after a subscriber wrote a letter to them did they came to know the truth.

If you read AV max you will be more misinformed than being informed.

It is a half baked mag giving useless information. totally useless mag

regarding the reviews at tech 2 they write some crap amateur reviews in the television segment.

I got 2 group tests in 32in catagory,Both articles have Phil5609 & SamyB530,but if you check winner @ one article its Phil & in second its Samy.
Its'nt that joke?:eek:hyeah:

I got 2 group tests in 32in catagory,Both articles have Phil5609 & SamyB530,but if you check winner @ one article its Phil & in second its Samy.
Its'nt that joke?:eek:hyeah:

well i believe u are referring to whats HI FI,which again is just a cut copy paste of whats put in their website,they don't even bother to change the specs from UK.
a good review is one that say it plain and simple or with objective info,in whats hi fi u have to search the dictionary to find out what the words mean.in my book they don't score any points for that.i mean why do have to use the words thats so uncommon.

Last edited:
Back