32 in LCD comparison

Well whathifi says all 32in has 100Hzs(phil,LG)Even they dont even change model no.
I am saying abt this-
Tech2.com India > Top 3 Full HD 32-inch LCD TVs > Features > HiFi & TV > LCD
Tech2.com India > 32-inch LCD TV Shootout > Features > HiFi & TV > LCD

well he is talking about the colors subjetively,in the case of V550A.i bet there are many people in this forum who can do a better job by looking even in showroom.
as said in PM,take it with a pinch of salt.no 1 point always trust ur own eyes.

If you read AV max you will be more misinformed than being informed.

It is a half baked mag giving useless information. totally useless mag

+1 to it. We Indians are so unfortunate to have crappy AV mags like this. WhatHiFi is only slightly better.

sri

Today I was in Croma for short & tried comparison of 42in LCDs.
http://www.in.lge.com/Product/Produ...rderless Edge-Led Lcd Tv Series&parent=LCD TV

I found 42LGS-L90 LED LCDtv on Display.1st I thought it was plasma as I can see the reflection.But main thing is PQ,It was showing Sun-HD ch(max/IPL) & to my surprise,it was looking close to plama.
Colour,motion & image was very good considering it as LCD.(Rs.90k but)

I compared it with Sony 40NK500 (Rs.65k).Sony was sharp as usual with good colours.
But I can say looking at LG was pleasent & very clean than Sony.

I saw Philips 42PFl5609 & it was not close to LG PQ.Colours in philips were good,sharpnes too.But LG was the best.
This was a short comparison & one can check it in detail.

Samsung has released a new model which is replacing B530. The new one is C530 and the only different it seems is that the new one can play any video format through USB.

Samsung has released a new model which is replacing B530. The new one is C530 and the only different it seems is that the new one can play any video format through USB.

Thats a rather old model. I would pick the 540 or 550 models as they have usb connectivity and no. of HDMI connections. THe panel is the same on all these so the pic quality is the same.

C530 is not an old model as I know in India.It also has a USB Connection which additionaly can play any movie format for rg DIVX but I am not sure if the same is the case with 550. Also the cost of 530 is much less compared to 550.

Hi All, Great Thread this one..

I am looking for a 32" LCD TV for my bedroom cum drawing room, i want these features in my TV, please suggest..

1. Full HD (will be using as monitor at times, & all hd content only)
2. will be connected via a HTPC & Sun HD, so not worried about SD performance
3. Have already bought logitech Z-5500, so sound is no issue at all.. in fact i don't mind a 32" screen without a tuner or speakers if anything like that is out there..
4. Matte Screen (lots of ambient light via huge windows)
5. rotating panel to watch the tv from bed too..
6. 100hz or 24p is imp? i dont have a clue..

which tv will provide the best bang for the buck.. i rate after sales as a very imp factor as always have issues with electronic stuff.. may be unlucky..

I will be buying a tv on your suggestions alone as don't want to go & do the checking myself in the store other than negotiating the price.. i have seen tv being calibrated a certain way to make a particular brand look better.

Hi All, Great Thread this one..

I am looking for a 32" LCD TV for my bedroom cum drawing room, i want these features in my TV, please suggest..

1. Full HD (will be using as monitor at times, & all hd content only)
2. will be connected via a HTPC & Sun HD, so not worried about SD performance
3. Have already bought logitech Z-5500, so sound is no issue at all.. in fact i don't mind a 32" screen without a tuner or speakers if anything like that is out there..
4. Matte Screen (lots of ambient light via huge windows)
5. rotating panel to watch the tv from bed too..
6. 100hz or 24p is imp? i dont have a clue..

which tv will provide the best bang for the buck.. i rate after sales as a very imp factor as always have issues with electronic stuff.. may be unlucky..

I will be buying a tv on your suggestions alone as don't want to go & do the checking myself in the store other than negotiating the price.. i have seen tv being calibrated a certain way to make a particular brand look better.

samsung C530,sony EX400 and philips 32" 5609 are your best bet.
if you want the best after sales support i would go with either a samsung or sony.With the philips i and many others have had bad experiences,you will also find philips lcds rare.
100hz will make a difference in football,predator/prey chase scene, removing judder in 24p movies,the added pop effect in CGI in movies and animated movies.the sony EX500 with 100hz retails for abour 46k to 49k around 38k in grey market.

The sony lcds don't support text mode or pc mode in HDMI,so text won't look sharp,but is fine for pc gaming and movies.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses.. my friend has a 42" pana plasma, we were having a alot of issues in fixing the text on that one... then one day i did some brain storming & realized that since its in a res which his nvidia card is not supporting, so that must be the cause... lcd work best at there native res or in complete proportions.. so i used the nvidia screen resizing tool & made the screen a bit smaller from left side.. like 1/4" inch, now the text looks great & totally legible..

i guess what we need is 1:1 pixel mapping to render the text properly but not sure which ones have these..

one more thing if i can get the text issue sorted out, will a 1366X786 panel do for me.. confused & without any cash.. still not willing to compromise.. well that's typical me for you guys..

thanks in advance..

samsung C530,sony EX400 and philips 32" 5609 are your best bet.
if you want the best after sales support i would go with either a samsung or sony.With the philips i and many others have had bad experiences,you will also find philips lcds rare.
100hz will make a difference in football,predator/prey chase scene, removing judder in 24p movies,the added pop effect in CGI in movies and animated movies.the sony EX500 with 100hz retails for abour 46k to 49k around 38k in grey market.

The sony lcds don't support text mode or pc mode in HDMI,so text won't look sharp,but is fine for pc gaming and movies.

arent the C530 & X400 40" inch models?

hello all

i would appreciate help in narrowing down a 32 inch LCD

Budget under 30k

Requirements : NO full HD content(at least i dont use any yet)
mostly STB and Dvd rips off the internet
TV to connect to an integrated amp for movies for audio and to an
HTPC via 15pin VGA (currently) and HDMI (maybe later) for video
If TV can double up as a monitor for the PC thats a bonus ( however
this is not to be a primary monitor for work only for my kid to see
his nursery rhymes on You tube!)

USB playback of a DVD rip would be helpful toohowever not neccesary if it restricts/compromises on something more important
(P>S dont know if this is possible just read usb and mpeg somewhere)

i have narrwoed down the following
Sharp LC32A33M
Pana 32LE8
Samasung 32B450C4
Sony 32S550a
Panasonic LX80 LX800
SOny EX300

Compare India

i have the following doubts (please do clear them)
1. On the panasonic website i dont see the LX80 and LX 800 models
I would like to know the difference between the LE8 X10 LX80 and LX
800 ( as applicable to me)

please advice

Last edited:
To play DVD-rips you can even think of Phil5409.
With my 5609 PQ is much better considering it is Divx.It has PIP function with PC & TV(rf though)

Pan LE8/LX80/800 are old models without USB.may not be available.
LX800 is 100hz & others a lower models.

Samy is another good option,but USB options are limited.

If you plan HTPC,then USB may not worth.(note this as I use my usb very less than HTPC)

Sony EX300 is good choice,still USB is limited to MP1 & MP2.

By the way which model did you like?

ok lets drop the usb option then
i already have an HTPC

ive liked the SONY s seires the S550
but its also the most expensive almost by 5500rs over the LE8 so i dont know if its VFM

please do explain the differences between the Pana models
LE8,X10,LX80 and LX800
whats the model i should be looking at in pana out of these(applicable to my case detailed above)

update i have found the differences between the panasonic models

choices below please advice

Panasonic LE8
Panasonic LX80
Sony S550
Sony EX300
Sharp LC32A33M
Samsung 32B450C4

if someone can help me knocking of any one sony or any one pana with reagurds
to the other that would be helpful too
i couldnt find much diff when i viewed normal vcd and STB in the shop with between the two models in each brand

Hi magma,

i saw the recent WorldT20 on S550A through Tatasky and it looked decent,(viewing distance 10 feet) though not as good as CRT.
at 32k it seems a good deal beacuse of the BE3 engine.

Well Pany LX80 is good for IPS panal.new X9 also is VFM(X10 comes next)
Sony Ex300 is good model.
Why not Philips 5409?

didnt i read somewhere that the LE8 LE10 was better than the X10 ?
they are both priced the same at the pana outlet in Lohar chawl
im actually still confused why pana is running som many similar models
LE10 X10 LX80
:confused:

im not considering phillips for no particular reason

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back