Audio Enthusiast Meet

ranjeetrain

Hi fellow forum members,

Have you ever wondered how a system costing Rs 100k, 200k, 500k or 800k sounds? Have you ever wondered how equipments other than yours sound. Or how justified is your spending? Whether it is possible to better what you have for lesser price. Or if there are ways to gain a lot by spending a little extra?

Problems are many fold in our coutry, to offer opportunities to seek the answers to above. All cities don't have enough dealership, all products not available in all cities, most dealers only offer certain brands, making auditioning equipments an extremely difficult chore.

What is the solution. How do we get to know more about our passion - hi-fi?

Since the hi-fi market in India is not mature enough I have always wondered if we could do something to make this possible. And I do have an idea. A meet of local audio enthusiasts or audiophiles.

This thought has crossed my mind more than once, can we do something like this? I see that this forum has enough members (and more importantly some very serious and passionate members) to start with such an initiative. So, today I am coming up with a proposal to all of you.

How about an Audiophile meet?

We can begin with Delhi and our fellows in other cities would carry the tradition forward. What do you think? Let your ideas pour!

With warm regards,

Ranjeet Rain

Good idea, Ranjeet!
Would love to meet Audio Enthusiasts in Delhi.
Plz set the date/time/venue.

Hmmm, either there are very few members from Delhi/NCR or not many are interested.

Anyway since we are 3 in all, so far, why not we take turns to visit each other personally. I am open to welcome you on a pleasant Sunday at my house. And then one by one.

Though I must add that I was hoping for a better turn out :eek:

Hey! Ranjeet.
I?m up for a mumbai event.

In my other hometown Surat I?m a member of one such group. Wherein we have a group of some 30 music lovers, we have 15 meets a year i.e every 3 weeks, we meet Sunday afternoon for arnd 3 hrs at one of the members place & enjoy listening & discussing diff kinds of music.

I guess for your idea to be fruitful there has to be such clubs in various cities, who in turn can may decide to meet or host such an event. It can start with one or two such events at one location of the country.

Even our club in surat took about 4-5 mnths to arrange it?s first meet.

May be it can atleast begin with exchange of ideas on this front.

All the best.Cheers

Hello Ranjeet,

Don't get disheartened ! It is a very good idea! I didn't respond earlier as I am from Mumbai. I will be too happy to meet people, who contribute here regularly, with so much knowledge not only about the hardware but also about the products available in the market.I am sure there are many like me! I think we need to give our members a little more time to respond & once we get the response from the interested people from different region/cities, we can plan about a regional meet/get together.
Let us hope for the best.

With best regards,

Siddhartha.

Hi Kamal, spycatcher, neo, Sidhartha,

Thanks for the responses. I am sure with time more people will join in. Yes, we need to hold on to the idea.

But the thread keeps dropping out. Is there something like a sticky? Can you ask admins to put a sticky to this?

Regards.

Hi,
Please dont forget to call me for the Bombay event!!!!!!!!! Ranjeet why dont u organise it for us. We mumbaikars are all for outsourcing!!!!!!!!!
Seriously would love meeting up as some of the guys here seem to be real characters.
Regards

Delhi guys, I've an idea for our first get-together.
How about meeting up Lyrita Audio's Viren bakshi's place on a sunday?
I've spoken to him & he was game.
Lyrita Audio manufactures Valve Amps( Incl India's first SET Amp) & the Japanese Fostex driver based single driver speaker.
We can meet & also listen to a " Home Grown" Valve system-I promise that you'll be astonished at the sound!
If the idea is OK, we can finalise a date.
Responses, Plz....

Hi,
Please dont forget to call me for the Bombay event!!!!!!!!! Ranjeet why dont u organise it for us. We mumbaikars are all for outsourcing!!!!!!!!!
Seriously would love meeting up as some of the guys here seem to be real characters.
Regards

Dins,

I'd be too happy to do that. Since I am from Delhi, it will take me more effort to get going about things in Mumbai. I am going to start thinking about it. I'll keep posting what I think. But that is NOT to spare you and others from thinking :)

Regards.

Delhi guys, I've an idea for our first get-together.
How about meeting up Lyrita Audio's Viren bakshi's place on a sunday?
I've spoken to him & he was game.
Lyrita Audio manufactures Valve Amps( Incl India's first SET Amp) & the Japanese Fostex driver based single driver speaker.
We can meet & also listen to a " Home Grown" Valve system-I promise that you'll be astonished at the sound!
If the idea is OK, we can finalise a date.
Responses, Plz....

EXCELLENT, Kamal. You are DA man!

I like the idea. I am game.

Ok, Ranjeetrain, Spycatcher, how about this Sunday(6th April), 11 AM, at Viren's place-L-458, Sarita Vihar, Ph :011-41401143 ?
If you both could confirm & phone me( 9310109993 ), I'll finalise with Viren.
If 6th is not suitable, then we could meet on the follg sunday-13th April.
Of course, any other Delhi member would be welcome; just give me a call so that I can tell Viren how many to expect.

Ok, Ranjeetrain, Spycatcher, how about this Sunday(6th April), 11 AM, at Viren's place-L-458, Sarita Vihar, Ph :011-41401143 ?
If you both could confirm & phone me( 9310109993 ), I'll finalise with Viren.
If 6th is not suitable, then we could meet on the follg sunday-13th April.
Of course, any other Delhi member would be welcome; just give me a call so that I can tell Viren how many to expect.

Sheer bad luck. Both the weekends are planned already. Day after I'll have guests and next weekend is a long holiday (Monday is off for us). Really sorry, doesn't work for me.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back