AV deals from amazon/flipkart.

Thanks for this man, but I think I'll still go with the Logitech z906 over this. With my card, I get 16.7% reward on any Amazon purchase, so I'll get it for around ₹15750. Also it's rated really, really well by reviewers and users alike.

For the sharp, it doesn't support 4k HDR passthrough. So I won't be able to play Atmos files anyway since I'll have to use ARC. Better to get the 1000W 5.1 channel Logitech.
If you don't mind me asking which card is it that gives such high reward points ?

Diners club black. It used to be 33% pre COVID man. I've earned over 2 lacs worth of points over the last 3 years. Never paid for a flight or hotel booking.
So you can redeem those points mostly only on travel? (Not saying it's a bad deal just enquiring)

So you can redeem those points mostly only on travel? (Not saying it's a bad deal just enquiring)
You can redeem on anything, but travel gives 1:1 return. Infinia is the higher card from Amazon, which has a higher points cap monthly. All revalued due to COVID.

We are going dangerously off topic here but yes. Any hotel stay or flight is 1:1 redemption. You can redeem as cash too, but that only has 1/2 the redemption rate, so just 8.8%

This card used to be legendary a couple years ago. Now it's neutered a lot. The points limit is just 7.5k a month now (was 25k) and reward rate was 33% on Amazon/flipkart/swiggy/Myntra/uber. Now it's 16.7% on Amazon and 10% on Flipkart.

It's a fine card. But it costs 10k per year in fee and is a bit hard to get. I hope they improve back the rewards once COVID goes away.

It is so confusing with numerous deals in flipkart and amazon this festive season.

Let us capture some great deals in this thread for the benefit of all.

Philip's 70" VA DLED at 67k.
I am thinking of buying this TV for it is too tempting this size at such a price. But it does not have the latest features like Dolby Vision and Atmos.

So then is it worth to buy it without all those features?

I am thinking of buying this TV for it is too tempting this size at such a price. But it does not have the latest features like Dolby Vision and Atmos.

So then is it worth to buy it without all those features?
Anything ending with 4 will have both these features. Where did you read it does not have?
Ones ending with 3 are previous year model and will not have dolby vision and atmos. That's the general guidance.

Anything ending with 4 will have both these features. Where did you read it does not have?
Ones ending with 3 are previous year model and will not have dolby vision and atmos. That's the general guidance.
Dolby Vision and Atmos are too unique features to be missed by Flipkart and these are nowhere mentioned under description.

70" does support HDR and DTS HD but not Vision and Atmos as per description. Or I am missing out on something?

Dolby Vision and Atmos are too unique features to be missed by Flipkart and these are nowhere mentioned under description.

70" does support HDR and DTS HD but not Vision and Atmos as per description. Or I am missing out on something?

In amazon video I checked Atmos is mentioned but not Dolby vision.

Press release does not have 70" but other sizes have these features.

So not sure. Maybe very recent release.

In amazon video I checked Atmos is mentioned but not Dolby vision.

Press release does not have 70" but other sizes have these features.

So not sure. Maybe very recent release.
It does not have these premium features according to their website. Link

How much difference is going to be there due to the lack of these features? It will be used for Hotstar and some PS4 gaming.

It does not have these premium features according to their website. Link

How much difference is going to be there due to the lack of these features? It will be used for Hotstar and some PS4 gaming.
It is wise to know at this point that none of the samsung tvs support dolby vision and not likely to support in future.
I'm not into gaming so let others pitch in for that regard.
Hotstar has only one dolby vision content which is mandelorian as of now. It is pathetic for a HDR. Some more content may come in future but I'm not hopeful. Netflix and Prime video has some real good dolby vision content.
Iam not sure if you know, but dolby vision is special content with HDR dynamic metadata. It doesn't make difference for other non dolby vision content.

My son ordered Sennheiser PXC 550 II BT two days back 17K+ less 2K on SBI card through Flipkart. Was really a good deal. I was actually waiting for Audio-Technica -ATH-M50Z BT, which was out of stock since many days. Now, with with Sennheiser due to festival offer

You can redeem on anything, but travel gives 1:1 return. Infinia is the higher card from Amazon, which has a higher points cap monthly. All revalued due to COVID.
We are going dangerously off topic here but yes. Any hotel stay or flight is 1:1 redemption. You can redeem as cash too, but that only has 1/2 the redemption rate, so just 8.8%

This card used to be legendary a couple years ago. Now it's neutered a lot. The points limit is just 7.5k a month now (was 25k) and reward rate was 33% on Amazon/flipkart/swiggy/Myntra/uber. Now it's 16.7% on Amazon and 10% on Flipkart.

It's a fine card. But it costs 10k per year in fee and is a bit hard to get. I hope they improve back the rewards once COVID goes away.
Yeah I too have accumulated more than 4 lac points past few years on my Infinia card and have used around 2lac for flights. Still have about 2lac points.

Now they have neutered to 5x for Amazon and 3x for Flipkart which was 10x for both. So from 33% points to 17 and 10% respectively. Still decent though.

Worse i found out now you can't book 100% flights using points. Now you have to pay 30% through card. Still 1:1 redemption though but 70% only.

Yeah I too have accumulated more than 4 lac points past few years on my Infinia card and have used around 2lac for flights. Still have about 2lac points.

Now they have neutered to 5x for Amazon and 3x for Flipkart which was 10x for both. So from 33% points to 17 and 10% respectively. Still decent though.

Worse i found out now you can't book 100% flights using points. Now you have to pay 30% through card. Still 1:1 redemption though but 70% only.
I got DCB over Infinia because rewards were better with smartbuy partners and limit on points was 25 + 25k vs 25k on infinia. Now all the smartbuy partner rewards (swiggy/Uber/Myntra) are gone, and DCB has lower limit than Infinia. FML. I feel like if I switch to Infinia now they'll make DCB better again.

For the 70% redemption it's fine really. You still get 33% reward rate on the 30% you pay with the card. It's worse than before but still okay. I'm more pissed off about the 7.5k limit per month. I'm not buying a lot of stuff right now, but still it's a bit too low.

Anyway, no point discussing that on this thread. It's vastly off topic.

Hey Blasto,

I shared the Philips link to a friend who is planning to buy, need to decide between the Philips one and the Sony 8000H. Obviously 40k more, but has Android, unlike Philips which has Linux. Better picture(assumed) and Dolby Vision in the Sony. Can go for the Sony 7400 which is 1.04 also but the Philips is 70 inches while these are 65.

Any thoughts?

Hey Blasto,

I shared the Philips link to a friend who is planning to buy, need to decide between the Philips one and the Sony 8000H. Obviously 40k more, but has Android, unlike Philips which has Linux. Better picture(assumed) and Dolby Vision in the Sony. Can go for the Sony 7400 which is 1.04 also but the Philips is 70 inches while these are 65.

Any thoughts?

First of all 70" is huge. Fit for dedicated AV room rather than typical living room.

Android 4k fire stick can be got for 3.5k, so discard the OS differential.

X8000 is brighter and has (very) wide viewing angles but poor contrast. So blacks will be gray in the nights. It's a typical living room tv with light night time viewing.

X75 will have poorer viewing angles and much dimmer but better blacks for night time or AV room viewing.

Philip's will be middle ground with slightly better viewing angles than x75 and everything similar to it. It does not make sense to take a x75 over the Philip's.

Between x8000 and Philip's, below video can help. Read the comments too from the link. The 7 series Philips have similar panel but slightly better processing. The equation will be opposite in dark room with more contrast for the Philip's. So depends on your requirement.

The channel has other comparisons that you can look at to get rough idea against samsung and LG.

Last edited:
This is for a living room and not AV room, so I guess Sony it is. With the amazon discount it's around 109k plus the points

Thanks for this man, but I think I'll still go with the Logitech z906 over this. With my card, I get 16.7% reward on any Amazon purchase, so I'll get it for around ₹15750. Also it's rated really, really well by reviewers and users alike.

For the sharp, it doesn't support 4k HDR passthrough. So I won't be able to play Atmos files anyway since I'll have to use ARC. Better to get the 1000W 5.1 channel Logitech.
I picked the Sharp last week and it indeed support 4K pass through and atmos. It is surprisingly good performer for both music and movies. The surround sound actualy works.

This is for a living room and not AV room, so I guess Sony it is. With the amazon discount it's around 109k plus the points
This is x8000 I presume? That's a good call.

I picked the Sharp last week and it indeed support 4K pass through and atmos. It is surprisingly good performer for both music and movies. The surround sound actualy works.
From where? Post link. Thx.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back