Best Price - 2011 Samsung Plasma 3D PS51D550

Status
Not open for further replies.

prankey

This thread is in continuation to the thread:
http://www.hifivision.com/television/17478-2011-samsung-plasma-3d-ps51d550-30.html

We have the following members interested in group buy:
1)bv_abhi
2)rajudhs
3)piyush7243
4)shivkumar19
5)amzhifi

Let me know if more are interested. Best offer we have got till now is Rs.63k. Also, this is a REGULAR buy where we could avail of finance option or pay through card to the dealer (might have to pay for the processing fee for finance or bank charge for card swiping).

Price of 63K includes 1 free bluetooth 3D glass and includes all applicable taxes in Karnataka.

Billing will be done by a Samsung Dealer in Bangalore and can be shipped PAN INDIA at a nominal cost.

Shipping is free throughout Karnataka. Around Rs.400 for Hyderabad and Chennai and around Rs.1000 for shipping to Delhi, NCR, etc.

Last edited:
@mabhi10 are you interested if it is shipped to you for a nominal fee by the samsung company if so plz confirm so we can get it at a lower price

Hi, very interested in the offer myself. Just checked and the lowest I'm getting in my city is 74K.

Need to know the opinions of you guys about one thing though; I currently have a Panasonic 42V20 which I'm shifting to my bedroom and the new 50" will replace it in the living room. Just checked the PS51D550 a couple of hrs back and the screen is way too glossy and reflects like crazy!! Quite the opposite of the V20.. what do you guys think abt it? Is it a deal-breaker or it doesn't bother you guys that much? This is the only thing holding me back for now...

Thanks.

Hi, very interested in the offer myself. Just checked and the lowest I'm getting in my city is 74K.

Need to know the opinions of you guys about one thing though; I currently have a Panasonic 42V20 which I'm shifting to my bedroom and the new 50" will replace it in the living room. Just checked the PS51D550 a couple of hrs back and the screen is way too glossy and reflects like crazy!! Quite the opposite of the V20.. what do you guys think abt it? Is it a deal-breaker or it doesn't bother you guys that much? This is the only thing holding me back for now...

Thanks.
Reflection is an issue on all the glossy screens. The experience will certainly defer and it is a downer for me as my current TV only has glare instead of reflection (pure matte screen) and I am still very satisfied with it..

Having said that, I really liked the 2D and 3D PQ of the HD Ready version which is quite similar to D550... Last year's 3D had hopelessly bad color calibration and used to get very dark, however this year it almost look like those passive 3D glasses which is really nice to learn... See it to believe it... :)

Been going through a lot of posts and reviews across forums and seems that the amount the screen reflects is actually pretty bad! It really was pathetic in the showroom as whenever there was a black/dark background on the video, I just couldn't see anything besides the reflection!!

After being with the V20 for almost an year not sure whether I'll be able to put up with the screen. Bad news is that the 50V20 isn't available anywhere... not sure what to go for :-( !!

@prankey any news you got there like group demo or shall i go alone for a demo
cause while in aa group demo we can share our knowledge overthere

Yes, thats a good idea to meet for the demo.. however I believe Devi may not give it unless we commit to buy and Forum doesn't seem to have 3D glasses...

So we can demo 2D at Forum... I do have SBS version of Monster vs Alien if we can get hold of 3D glasses for the TV..

I am available tonight and tomorrow evening for the same... let me know if we could meet then..

Some one please arrange for a group demo fix a time and place to meet up

display available at Samsung showroom at Rajajinagar priced at 75K :mad:,will be checking out tomorrow ,is there anything specific you guys want me to report back.

edit- would be great if some of you guys joined me.

display available at Samsung showroom at Rajajinagar priced at 75K :mad:,will be checking out tomorrow ,is there anything specific you guys want me to report back.

That's what i was asking from 2 days
no one replied to it except for shivkumar and prankey .
would be great if others would meet and preferably on sunday's so every one will be free off duty

pricing is Bad for Bangalore, even at my place,it lesser!....perhaps u should stick to prankeys GB if u can avail it!

Anyway,as for reporting back anything specific,plz report back about the Reflection/glare on the screen particularly while playing dark scenes (its deal breaker for many) & if possible make a subjective mental evaluation, how BIG or Distracting this glare/reflection factor would be while watching the tv@ home in a moderate to a dimly lit room? // so plz focus on this factor while taking demo,as some say,it shines like crazy //

*Another thing i would recommend is to plz continue with ur replies on the performance issues here >> http://www.hifivision.com/television/17478-2011-samsung-plasma-3d-ps51d550-31.html . Since this is a Best price thread(particularly arranged by prankey) & the already above linked older thread on 51d550 is running full steam ,i dont see much logic in discussing performance issues or any demo feedbacks here which might b again related to tv performance!..so in common sense,request plz Not to discuss performance issues as to retain thread clarity & purpose!

I can meet today evening around 5PM.. Will try looking at Jayanagar Showroom as they also told that the demo piece will be available by 28th.

I agree with Indiglo.. Lets keep this thread for price discussion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back