Best Price - 2011 Samsung Plasma 3D PS51D550

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ plz do the demo, prankey, at Samsung showroom at Rajajinagar if it's on display there...even if going alone...i think u have all the knowledge about the core issues regarding d550,..glares,buzzing,fluctuating brightness,black level etc...i already presume u can make a correct evaluation of the set & feedback the same in the appropriate thread,as u said it!. Moreover since i didn't get the 3d specs for the demo, do also examine the quality of 3d & also how stressful the active 3d glasses are?

it has been long since someone gave any comprehensive review of the tv & i soon have to make decisions whether i will really buy it or not..2 big family social functions r coming up by june-july & hence i will b quite busy & involved there also!

so request prankey to do the d550 demo asap & give us a correct evaluation! :)

I hope the link below would be helpful for guys in Delhi...

Compare India

Thanks
You should ideally be able to get the TV cheaper than the best price we have got in Delhi as the TVs are manufactured near Delhi! Nevertheless, if you are interested, it can be shipped from Bangalore by Samsung itself (its same as buying locally and you could get them replaced locally if needed). The TV will be installed by Samsung locally as well..

This thread is in continuation to the thread:
http://www.hifivision.com/television/17478-2011-samsung-plasma-3d-ps51d550-30.html

We have the following members interested in group buy:
1)bv_abhi
2)rajudhs
3)piyush7243
4)shivkumar19
5)amzhifi

Let me know if more are interested. Best offer we have got till now is Rs.63k. Also, this is a REGULAR buy where we could avail of finance option or pay through card to the dealer (might have to pay for the processing fee for finance or bank charge for card swiping).

Price of 63K includes 1 free bluetooth 3D glass and includes all applicable taxes in Karnataka.

Billing will be done by a Samsung Dealer in Bangalore and can be shipped PAN INDIA at a nominal cost.

Shipping is free throughout Karnataka. Around Rs.400 for Hyderabad and Chennai and around Rs.1000 for shipping to Delhi, NCR, etc.

pls count me in...shipment to Hyderabad

Sure, I will count you in. So we now have:
1)bv_abhi
2)rajudhs
3)piyush7243
4)shivkumar19
5)amzhifi
6)DIVASMMM (for Hyderabad shipment)

I will call my contact today for availability.

Folks... Quick question - how about warranty and service in other cities - specifically Pune ?

Also will shipping be handled by Samsung (hence the liability of damage while shipping)...

I am almost in based on review about reflection and above questions..

Thank you for doing good work though -

Folks... Quick question - how about warranty and service in other cities - specifically Pune ?

Also will shipping be handled by Samsung (hence the liability of damage while shipping)...

Same here....

i went through the catalog of samsung 51d550 comparisons. it says its hdmi 1.3a not 1.4,, and doesn't support audio return channel.. can any user confirm it.. also hd ready model (series 4) supports digital broadcast, 1.4hdmi and audio return where as full hd doesnot support them( SERIES 5).. please help me with hdmi conflict?

seems to be a documentation bug

a higher version cannot be lower specked than a lower version

no i checked it it is only samsung hub that has skype. this 5 series does not have it... it is lower version..

oh god no hdmi 1.4 also.. i called samsung support 30308282 / 1-800-11-0011..
regarding 3d.. please read wiki forum u need 1.4 hdmi for 1080p 3d..
for 720p 3d 1.3 is sufficient.. play station has 1.3 only..yet can play 3d by reducing resolution to 720p....

samsung has hdmi 1.3 with auto3d selection for hdmi 1.4 input...

it means u receive and display 2d pictures in 1080p
and
3d will be received 1080p from source ( samsung has auto 3d for 1.4 input). Because of auto 3d feature the 3d BLURAY player(source) will recognize tv as full hd for 3d i.e. like 1.4 version however once signal touches samsung board, IT will be processed as 720p ( of course upscaled AGAIN by samsung to 1080p and displaced as 1080p finally)

SO 4 SERIES IS BETTER FOR 3D THAN 5 SERIES BECAUSE PS51 4 SERIES HAS TRUE HDMI 1.4. SO 3D WILL BE RECEIVED AT 1080P BUT DISPLAYED AS 720P, UNLIKE
5 SERIES WHERE 1080P=> CONVERTED AT HDMI END AS 720P, PROCESSED AGAIN AND CONVERTED AS 1080P..
SEEMS CRAPPY BUT GUYS HELP ME ABOUT THIS ISSUE....

ANY ONE WHO OWN 5 SERIES TV AND HAS 3D AV RECEIVER ONLY CAN CHECK THIS OUT AND HE CAN CONFIRM IT....
SAMSUNG SUPPORT HAS NOT MUCH IDEA ....I FEEL THAT IS THE REASON WHY 3D PLASMA IS AT THROWN AWAY PRICES...WHEN U COMPARE TO REAL 1080P 3D TV, WHICH HAS HDMI 1.4. WITH AUDIO RETURN SUPPORT..

Iam not trying to disappoint u guys, but telling fact..
Iam also buying 5 series for 65k, have booked today ,

my local service guy explained why rate is cheap..
Iam just telling fact it is upscaled 1080p 3d not true 1080p 3d....
In two weeks i will post pic and review of tv

Like written in the first post, yes all will be handled by Samsung like a local purchase. If there is any damage or bad piece is delivered, Samsung will replace it locally.

no i checked it it is only samsung hub that has skype. this 5 series does not have it... it is lower version..

oh god no hdmi 1.4 also.. i called samsung support 30308282 / 1-800-11-0011..
regarding 3d.. please read wiki forum u need 1.4 hdmi for 1080p 3d..
for 720p 3d 1.3 is sufficient.. play station has 1.3 only..yet can play 3d by reducing resolution to 720p....

samsung has hdmi 1.3 with auto3d selection for hdmi 1.4 input...

it means u receive and display 2d pictures in 1080p
and
3d will be received 1080p from source ( samsung has auto 3d for 1.4 input). Because of auto 3d feature the 3d BLURAY player(source) will recognize tv as full hd for 3d i.e. like 1.4 version however once signal touches samsung board, IT will be processed as 720p ( of course upscaled AGAIN by samsung to 1080p and displaced as 1080p finally)

SO 4 SERIES IS BETTER FOR 3D THAN 5 SERIES BECAUSE PS51 4 SERIES HAS TRUE HDMI 1.4. SO 3D WILL BE RECEIVED AT 1080P BUT DISPLAYED AS 720P, UNLIKE
5 SERIES WHERE 1080P=> CONVERTED AT HDMI END AS 720P, PROCESSED AGAIN AND CONVERTED AS 1080P..
SEEMS CRAPPY BUT GUYS HELP ME ABOUT THIS ISSUE....

ANY ONE WHO OWN 5 SERIES TV AND HAS 3D AV RECEIVER ONLY CAN CHECK THIS OUT AND HE CAN CONFIRM IT....
SAMSUNG SUPPORT HAS NOT MUCH IDEA ....I FEEL THAT IS THE REASON WHY 3D PLASMA IS AT THROWN AWAY PRICES...WHEN U COMPARE TO REAL 1080P 3D TV, WHICH HAS HDMI 1.4. WITH AUDIO RETURN SUPPORT..

Haha don't waste your energy analyzing something which can not happen :) It has to be HDMI 1.4a only and there can be no disconnect whatsoever... Infact on this year's models documentation, Samsung has documented HDMI1.4 to be present in non 3D models as well! And if you think they implementing 1.3a will save them cost, you are mistaken... Versions are implemented based on the TV's feature and not really associated with the cost.

i don't know why Mr.drkavnit is so frustrated ? what is the level of involvement with the d550?...has he already brought it?....so that he is so let down by sigle feature of "1.3"hdmi in place of 1.4 hdmi for the 3d stuff( which in sanity samsung will never do,if its advertised so..not only in india but anywhere else),& which again is Not a essential prerequisite for 3d.But whatever the case if he is "Absolutely" sure or simply has guessed it by some documentation error in some manual he has read(without going for a personal check of the tv by himself) & feel samsung is cheating, he has every right to look elsewhere, not getting involved in a samsung community & least even thinking of buying that tv which he has all the problems to begin with!

..& worst of all,he begins his commenting & lamenting on this tv by repeating himself on every thread possible,by blabbering some misinformation!...even Not sparing this "Best price" thread of the tv, which we all users tracking the tv for long for the best possible price,highly detest, for messing things up & undercutting the requirements of the community!

So boss if u r listening, plz guide urself correctly ,NOT from any online manual or advertisement material(particularly indian,which is most prone to errors) but by seeking & checking the said tv urself (thoroughly) in some samsung shop/showroom which has the set displayed!...even better,talk to some real owners of 51d550(some r right here-if u closely follow the right thread) or mayb the scores of other helpful tv(d550) owners in other famous global community.Plz get ur ideas & information corrected first without spreading some more misinformation. Honest this will indeed Help urself a long way & save lot of flaks!

&....last of alll... Plz spare the "Best Price" thread from performance issues!

* request 2 prankey plz rename this thread with adding [No Performance talks] at the end, if u can....this will better serve the appropriateness of discussion here & avoid meaningless chatter,hence benefiting the community more!...i think u will consider the proposition in unison!!

Last edited:
pranky,

any ETA on what is our final price?

when we can place order and delivery estimate?

can u get these fro
devi and ur contact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back