Better OLEDs this year.LG G1 vs Sony A90J comparison

Rane-2020

Finally we are getting better(Brighter) Oleds this year with these 2 tvs.Last few years there was not much difference between Oleds.for example take Lg B9 and Sony A9G.both had similar brightness and same panel. even though sony costing twice.Lg is also launching its affordable A series Tvs this year with 60hz panel.this is good news for those who wants OLEDs just for movies and tv shows and keen on gaming.I think this year finally we will be getting 55 inch Oled below 1 lac.

Intial results are out for these 2 tvs.Sony is obviously better(processor and sound) and brighter(1300 nits in vivid mode).But i feel that LG G1 will make sense for most of the people.As it is sliglt less bright in custom picture accurate mode. but it will be significantly cheaper than sony.I hope that LG keeps the pricing sensible around 1.3-1.4 for 55 and 1.9-2.2 for 65.sony is obviously gonna cost more may be 3lac+ for 65.you can check the comparison here.

Sony eventually reduces it's price from my observations in the past. So we need to give it launch plus a year. LG is usually in the affordable zone from the word go. Sony PQ is better and LG's colours are "washed out", LG looks cheap and many Sony lavishing goes on over the internet by folks who have paid close to 60-70k more for a similar product. But truth be told Sony is better in pre calibrated out if the box settings. But if LG user were to find the right picture settings and spends a few minutes to optimize his TV, it can get close to Sony OLEDs. My wife told me not to waste money or else I would have bought an A8G 65" for 2.08 lakhs from RD online which has X1 extreme processor as the only problem. Otherwise it fits the wishlist 65"OLED for ~2 lakhs, a Sony master series product for what it's worth, it does not have eARC as A9G has but the 52k price difference made me vouch for it. LG with hdmi 2.1 is about this price or even lower. And so I am going to wait too. My OLED craving or itch or whatever you may call it, is still on hold, will have to wait for atleast a year when Sony will get cheaper with one of its 2020 product inventory. (A8H).

It's too early to get into this battle as both the sets are yet to hit our market. Whatever information available now are only through UK and USA reviewers. We yet to get the launch price of these models in different size. I would rely on Rtings elaborated review on both these 2021 sets. As we have seen TVs are deteriorating in quality with every passing year. 2019 models are still considered better option than 2020 offerings. As per a few reviewers 2021 can be no exception too. As off now only super-high end models are getting all the good things. I would say, wait for the release of these two best product of 2021 and then we will start talking about every point we can think of. Well, till May-June possibly we are going to see them personally.:cool:

The Sony A9J will have a 2 year lifespan cause its a Master Series. The discount will pour in by next year for sure.
I am trying to get a 65" A9G later on when the A9J launches this year. I am sure it will for a good discount in retail stores to clear stock.
Will have to wait & see.

It's too early to get into this battle as both the sets are yet to hit our market. Whatever information available now are only through UK and USA reviewers. We yet to get the launch price of these models in different size. I would rely on Rtings elaborated review on both these 2021 sets. As we have seen TVs are deteriorating in quality with every passing year. 2019 models are still considered better option than 2020 offerings. As per a few reviewers 2021 can be no exception too. As off now only super-high end models are getting all the good things. I would say, wait for the release of these two best product of 2021 and then we will start talking about every point we can think of. Well, till May-June possibly we are going to see them personally.:cool:
even if these tvs hit our market.we have to rely on these guys only(Rtings and Vincent).As in india we dont have any good tv reviewers.Also most of the things mentioned in this video are going to stay the same.Sony has better sound and processor and this year its brighter because of custom heat management.Lg on other hand is more affordable and has better gaming features.

This year OLEDs are much better because of the new Panel by LG.also hopefully the entry level models such LG A,B,C series will be cheaper than last year.so even if we get similar PQ in these models they will be at last cheaper this year.

If the price difference is more than 50k then it does not make sense to buy sony.

please go for LG as sony is just having advantage of colour accuracy,but hdmi 2.1 & vrr and less price is plus point for LG .If you can spend extra money on sony or money is not issue then sony is good ,but apart from colour accuracy LG is technically superior than sony .IF money is not constraint then sony is good or ELSE lg is best.

Is Bx LG good for 1.9 lakhs 65". The best Croma is offering. CX they are not going down from 2.17 lakhs. Too much for this time of the year.

Last edited:
Is Bx LG good for 1.9 lakhs 65". The best Croma is offering. CX they are not going down from 2.17 lakhs. Too much for this time of the year.
NO ,It is high for bx series .Soon 65 inch CX may be available for 2 to 2.25 Lakh .GX SERIES MAY COME TO 2.3 OR 2.35 TILL APRIL OR MAY END.
Wait till ugadi u will get excellent offers

Last edited:

See what I was talking about
He is talking about QLEDs.I am talking about OLEDs.anyways dont take this channel seriously.he makes all kinds of contradictory video just for sake of content.
Best time to buy is just before diwali.Not only you get a cheaper price but also get extended warranty.you might get G1 for that price.which is far superior than these 2 tvs.having said that November is far away.

In many parameters rtings have rated BX better. Pre-calibrated settings, viewing angle (that's a big plus as I already watch it swivel mounted tilted at an angle), much lower power consumption, grey uniformity and colour volume.

For a room tv is it a blessing in disguise?
Why would a less bright TV be a blessing in disguise? For SDR content OLEDs barely breach 200 nits for high-APL content anyway. And for HDR the brighter the better.

And even if the TV is too bright for you, you can turn the brightness down. You can't do the opposite for a dim TV.
In many parameters rtings have rated BX better. Pre-calibrated settings, viewing angle (that's a big plus as I already watch it swivel mounted tilted at an angle), much lower power consumption, grey uniformity and colour volume.
The differences in rtings are due to panel-to-panel variance. They shouldn't have any difference in pre-calibrated settings, viewing angles. And if anything the colour volume should be higher in CX with the colour gamut being the same.

It's just that the CX sample rtings received was a bit on the bad side. It also got worse scores than the C9 in all those areas, but that doesn't mean the panel is worse than the C9. Check the test by HDTVtest where the CX absolutely destroys the BX in processing to the point that he doesn't advice anyone to buy the BX (due to low price difference and massive PQ difference).

Last edited:
My 9300D lcd/led is very bright and so I thought to go for eyes friendly OLED. That's why.

Why can't you just reduce the brightness? And why are you not reducing after asking the same question again and again and are asked to reduce? Do you not like the picture after reducing brightness?

If you reduce the brightness and not like the picture, there is only 2 things that is possible. 1. You like the bright picture and just think you don't. 2. You like the brighter picture but are worried of damage the brightness could cause and hence want to reduce. You should compromise on either one.

What you are asking is for a tv to have lesser brightness so that YOU wont be able to increase the brightness and feel content of the picture because YOU cannot compare it with a brighter picture. That is not a blessing in disguise.

Reputed TVs have long crossed the threshold of brightness reductions affecting other display parameters long ago. So that is out of question.

This was a good video by Vincent Teoh on why OLEDs are not (yet?) bright enough for the perfect HDR experience (neither are LED TVs. Teoh talks about it in the video as well). So, no, low brightness is not and can never be a blessing in disguise unless it is a personal preference. However in that case, you would not be watching it as per the creator's intent

Blasto, I have opted for an OLED as it is good for the eyes. This 9300D is an LED, and it has already taken a toll on my wife's eyes that she refuses to even glace on it. Oled is easy on the eyes than LCD/LED and my movie watching experience will enhance. I have always wanted an OLED. This TV has a 48k offer as well. What I gained from this forum is 1) deciding to freeze LG CX OLED 2) The right size 65" as I had an illusion to save enough for a 77" - a vague dream I dropped after discussing here 3) Made a decision to go black - the frame/local dimming is just not the same as individual pixels in OLED going off to give ink jet blacks, a long time view-lusting for yes - infinite contrast!

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back