BIC America Speakers SubWoofers Owners Thread

I kept my settings at 110hz .........my front speakers are kept at 80hz....... the 30hz spacing is for good overlap of freq (like interlocked hands) ensures no freq is lost between crossover points.
Little confused.. which setting is kept at 110Hz..Is there are global crossover setting in your Marantz?
I have Yamaha Rx V683 and I can set crossover individually for each speaker.. For now I have kept each at 80Hz

Marantz has the same options to set crossover for each speaker...including 9 band EQ

The cut off bass freq can be set...so that the threshold denotes what will go to the sub....

Refer to the Owners manual which will have detailed steps...most AVRs have this setting available. Yamaha should have it.

Speakers at 80hz is default....you can reduce to 60hz if you feel the speakers can handle based on specs....

Sub cut off freq (Bass Management) is kept at 110hz.....or 100hz...so all low freq at these points or lower goes to the sub....

One more thing....Bass Management ...it should be LFE +Main

Marantz has the same options to set crossover for each speaker...including 9 band EQ

The cut off bass freq can be set...so that the threshold denotes what will go to the sub....

Refer to the Owners manual which will have detailed steps...most AVRs have this setting available. Yamaha should have it.

Speakers at 80hz is default....you can reduce to 60hz if you feel the speakers can handle based on specs....

Sub cut off freq (Bass Management) is kept at 110hz.....or 100hz...so all low freq at these points or lower goes to the sub....

Thanks for the detailed reply.. I have gone through the manual.. but did not find sub cutoff frequency.. I will again look into the manual.. so this is what u set to 110hz... Correct??

I don't see the sub cutover frequency option in my AVR..
Can any Yamaha owner confirm this
Also don't see LFE + Main option.. I read it is called Extra Bass in yamaha

Is BIC America PL200ii too big/loud for a room(living room) that has a dedicated space of 10x15 & some extra corridor space.

I dont think so....you can run the sub on low volumes....mine is placed in a 150 - 200 sq ft area and its quite loud....i kept the subwoofer volume after audyssey setup on 10 position rather than 11 or 12

Is BIC America PL200ii too big/loud for a room(living room) that has a dedicated space of 10x15 & some extra corridor space.
Depends on what your main speakers will be. If book shelfs(since your room is ideal for them) then the sub might over power the overall sound. Even if you play with settings, imho it will be overkill for your room. Look at lower model V1020, personally i feel should be more than enough for your requirements & cheaper than PL200 as well

I dont think so....you can run the sub on low volumes....mine is placed in a 150 - 200 sq ft area and its quite loud....i kept the subwoofer volume after audyssey setup on 10 position rather than 11 or 12
Thanks @efernand1 after reading your posts on this thread and others, i have decided to go with PL200 but just was worried with over power for the room size. So looks like that is handled well

Depends on what your main speakers will be. If book shelfs(since your room is ideal for them) then the sub might over power the overall sound. Even if you play with settings, imho it will be overkill for your room. Look at lower model V1020, personally i feel should be more than enough for your requirements & cheaper than PL200 as well
ok, now you are making me think, yes the room is going to get a Q Acoustics Concept 20 BS speakers.....so what if i reduce the volume like @efernand1 mentioned previously do you see a problem with that approach.

If the v1020 can produce the same or more lower freq like the PL200 then go ahead....else you can safely settle for the PL200...

Please read the specs and understand its huge size has it has a 12 inch driver.....for me, i believe in performance and quality....size does not matter...provided i can accommodate it

ok, now you are making me think, yes the room is going to get a Q Acoustics Concept 20 BS speakers.....so what if i reduce the volume like @efernand1 mentioned previously do you see a problem with that approach.
What is the point of buying PL200 when you won't use it to its full capacity? That is what makes me say that you would be better off using the stated model that will be more suitable and cheaper as well. Ultimately, it's your money & choice so final decision is yours. Best Wishes

ok, now you are making me think, yes the room is going to get a Q Acoustics Concept 20 BS speakers.....so what if I reduce the volume like @efernand1 mentioned previously do you see a problem with that approach.

What is the point of buying PL200 when you won't use it to its full capacity? That is what makes me say that you would be better off using the stated model that will be more suitable and cheaper as well. Ultimately, it's your money & choice so final decision is yours. Best Wishes

For sure your system will not overpower. It all depends on what volume / cross over you use for your speakers and subwoofer. Also, you can reduce the volume and in the AVR you can reduce the same.

If you are looking for a good subwoofer for the long run, you still can go for it because in future if you don't want to upgrade, it is worth. Irrespective of its huge size, it is ultimate in its performance and best in quality in the price range.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, i am having trouble getting BIC America SUB in Bangalore. Can you please point me to some good dealers.

thanks @efernand1 & @sriram_shol i spoke to proaudio home & he directed me to Prosonics or Jamsticks in B?angalore and i getting in touch with them. thanks folks !!

Good to hear.

Go for an audition and decide if it would suit your space and budget.

From our owning experience, it is one of the killer subwoofers in its price range. You will enjoy every bit of the low frequency for sure.

Thanks,
Sriram

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back