Calling All TV Series Junkies - Post your fav TV Series here !

I don't care what you remember or what DD aired initially, that doesn't come into my picture at all. The truth is I watched 'Lucy Show' in 'Color' around 1982-1985 period. The youtube i posted also says 'Lucy Show' in 'Color', and that's the series I watched in 'Color'.

I suggested to take chill pill, since you did'nt here we go......

I dont care what you watched and which color TV you had, DD aired "I Love Lucy" and NOT the lucy show and that WAS in B&W....... The IMDB link I posted confirms that all six seasons were in B&W...... and that is what I watched in "B&W"...........:yahoo:

dont care what you watched and which color TV you had, DD aired "I Love Lucy" and NOT the lucy show and that WAS in B&W....... The IMDB link I posted confirms that all six seasons were in B&W...... and that is what I watched in

Nobody is asking you to be concerned about what TV I had that time.

Said that, how big broom you want for your sweeping statement that DD did not air the color version of 'The Lucy Show' ??, I can't help but laugh about your ignorance.

But, one thing I can clearly decipher, and that is, you had only a B&W TV at that time, so after watching the six seasons of 'I love Lucy', sadly you watched all the 'color' version of the 'The Luch Show' in BLACK AND WHITE.

Nobody is asking you to be concerned about what TV I had that time.

Said that, how big broom you want for your sweeping statement that DD did not air the color version of 'The Lucy Show' ??, I can't help but laugh about your ignorance.

But, one thing I can clearly decipher, and that is, you had only a B&W TV at that time, so after watching the six seasons of 'I love Lucy', sadly you watched all the 'color' version of the 'The Luch Show' in BLACK AND WHITE.

How come then you are concerned, what TV I had, did I ever say I had B&W TV, you only assumed that. Again I never said I watched the lucy show (even if it was aired later), I am always stuck at "I Love Lucy" which is what was originally and initially aired on DD and which is what I saw and that was in plain B&W (irrespective of the TV BTW)...... simple.......

Google Doordarshan and Lucy and most of the blogs and forums you will get are discuessing "I Love Lucy" and not the lucy show.....

Check out the blog...
Mumbai Doordarshan circa 1970s – The Black and White TV Era Amit Paranjape’s Blog

Note the second part of this comment...

Amit Paranjape said, on July 1, 2009 at 2:10 pm
Manisha,
Thanks for the additions.
Originally, I was thinking of updating this post, but with the amount of new info that readers have contributed, I might even think of a Part 2? of this post.

One point except for I Love Lucy all the other English serials you have mentioned were post the 1982 Asiad (Color TV era).

Hey, this 'I Love Lucy' thing is not in my dicussion at all wrt to my initial post about what programs I liked - I just said in my list of programs I like 'The Lucy Show' and after your confrontation, I said I watched them in 'color' that's all. Then the sequence of events built by you was a classic example of the saying 'Making Mountain Of A Mole Hill'.

Finally,

> You watched only the B*W version of 'I Love Lucy'.
> I watched the color version of 'The Lucy Show'.

:indifferent14:

Finally,

> You watched only the B*W version of 'I Love Lucy'.
> I watched the color version of 'The Lucy Show'.

:indifferent14:

fair enough..... :)........
Finally you took the chill pill.....:D.....

BTW....I had a color TV "Hotline"(No remote, just 8 channels) the same year it was intruduced (1982 during asiads) ........... :D

Sam9s,

I was talking about the 'Didi's comedy show', does any one have that series???? That was really a very funny show!!! I still remember bits of the episodes, have you seen any of them???

^^ mmmmm let me see if I can find it online.......will PM you if I do.

Lol, didi was a real character, though it was all in german & dubbed rather horribly, u still enjoyed the show as this guy was really funny & did some outrageous antics :D
I can never tire of watching such shows.... like peter sellers movies... :)
DD at that time had a arrangement of getting lots of programming from german broadcaster Transtel....
Transtel Rocked!!!

I have not seen most of TV series you guys are discussing here excepting the following that I used to and still love.

X-Files
Knight Rider
Star Trek

Somehow with all other series, I lose interest very quickly. The only Indian series I ever liked was 'Yeh Zo Jindagi Hai'. Fortunately I managed to get a DVD set of the whole series, and I am re-enjoying it again.

I have seen a few episodes of the new Knight Rider and I like that also. Must see how I can get my hands on that.

Cheers

Didi was hilarious.
The mention of Transtel brings back memories of other German shows
- The old Fox
- Derrick

Anyone remember these?

Didi was hilarious.
The mention of Transtel brings back memories of other German shows
- The old Fox
- Derrick

Anyone remember these?

Yes, they were fantastic serials too.... I think Old Fox is still running !!! Different artists playing the original characters though, as some of the original actors died:sad: due thanks to old age...

Transtel had really good programs....

Sam9s,

I was talking about the 'Didi's comedy show', does any one have that series???? That was really a very funny show!!! I still remember bits of the episodes, have you seen any of them???

Have 10 episodes. But unfortunately in German!

^^ I am tapping few of my very "trusted" sources, but it been difficult to get this TV Series........am still looking....

recently:
Full House, Friends, Joey

old ones on DD:
malgudi days, wagley ki duniya, kakaji kahin, mr. yogi, humlog, mungerilal ke hashin sapney, neem ka ped, Rajani, udaan, gul gulshan gulfaam, flop show, byomkesh bakshi, fatichar, dekh bhai dekh,karamchand, fauzi, surabhi, circus, tehkiqaat, turning point, phir wahi talash, hum panchee ek daal ke

My other favorites:

Nukad
The World This Week (Friday)
Chithrahaar
Vikram aur Betaal (Sunday)
Spiderman (Sunday)
Byomesh Bakshi - Stunning detective serial.

And, it's a German serial dubbed in English, about a computer expert cracking virus and solving crimes. If somebody can recollect the serial name, would be helpful.

:)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back