One Plus TV is coming ! What are your expectations ?

Ah! That's good then. If priced at 70-80k, then it will be a good deal as per the Indian scenario.
Yeah i guess Indian market has a void of mid higher range 65" TVs around 1.25 lacs range. Dont know how the performance of Vu Quantum pixel light 65" model is? The pricing of One plus TV and its success might be critical to other brands bringing their better models to India.

Yeah i guess Indian market has a void of mid higher range 65" TVs around 1.25 lacs range. Dont know how the performance of Vu Quantum pixel light 65" model is? The pricing of One plus TV and its success might be critical to other brands bringing their better models to India.

Oh yes! I hope it lights up a fire under TCL's ass. They have been treating Indian customer really badly. No FALD set even at 1000$ price. Grrr! Anyway, looking forward to reviews of this one. I'm going to get an OLED myself, but I do enjoy seeing competent competition increase. It'll only help in reducing prices of the 65 inch OLED I'll buy after a few years. ;)

Leaked specs show it has upto 90 local dimming zones. So that means it should be a FALD set. Looks promising in that case.
This is great news if true. Hopefully a VA type panel with quantum dots and FALD and price at <70k will be killer. Enough of this TV sized smartphones nonsense from mi, tcl, moto, etc..
Although still not confident it's an FALD, since none of the leaks points towards it. Being a headline feature should have been mentioned. Fingers crossed..

I would say, OnePlus are new to the TV business, they may need more time to perfect their product. Producing Mobile displays and then making large size panels is a totally different ball game. Just look at Sony for instance. Leader in TV business, not so in the mobile market. My guess is this release can be regarded as v1 and the next release will be a true competitor to Samsung, Sony and LG.
I echo that. This is just the beginning but eventually I think they will start competing with big brand flagships down the line in 2-3 years. I really hope they do so!

Oh yes! I hope it lights up a fire under TCL's ass. They have been treating Indian customer really badly. No FALD set even at 1000$ price. Grrr! Anyway, looking forward to reviews of this one. I'm going to get an OLED myself, but I do enjoy seeing competent competition increase. It'll only help in reducing prices of the 65 inch OLED I'll buy after a few years. ;)
Seriously man, TCL is treating us like shit launching their worst performing TVs here. Time to give them a nudge!

we dont have many good tvs in 75-80 k range.we need tvs like tcl 6 series,hisense h9f,vizio quantum series in india.currently tvs around 40k as budget option or around 120k onwards.nothing in between.

for oneplus the sweet spot will be 75k for 55 inch and 120k for 65.

They have thrown all sorts of fancy words to lure in the customers, but no info about the panel type, the spec difference between both the models other than the soundbar. Claiming it to be better than x950g and Q80R is way too much IMO. If it is , then great but I highly doubt it. If it was really that good they would have mentioned about dimming zones and a lot other details. They think that the mass market will hear the word QLED and come running. For 50% of the time the speaker was talking about the design. It goes in sale this saturday and no mention of specs even on amazon.
P.S i can bet 50% of the public sitting in the event didn’t have knowledge about tv’s. They were there for the phone. They applauded the most when the guy announced that the speakers are 10W more powerful than other brands. Nothing in dolby vision or atmos.

They are just building hype, counting on not just an uninformed audience, but also reviewers who shouldn't be reviewing TVs.

No mention or testing of contrast ratio or dimming zones or peak brigthness. Comparing televisions without calibrating them. Just throwing I'm nonsensical buzzwords like vibrancy. What exactly does that mean? Oversaturated and unnatural colors? You can get those on any similar panel if you screw up the settings. Did these guys actually measure the color gamut or color volume? No. I bet they don't even know how to do that.

Only in an uninformed market like India can such reviewers flourish. They are paid shills obviously, getting TVs before they are even released.

Shame is that this might even work. Problem is that people will fall for the PR. A TV costing 1000$ without FALD. Hisense H9F costs lesser and has better specs.

Another area where these reviewers show their ignorance is in forgetting that quantum dots are there on Sony panels like X950G too. They just don't call it QLED; they call it triluminous. Similar tech.

Another area where these reviewers show their ignorance is in forgetting that quantum dots are there on Sony panels like X950G too. They just don't call it QLED; they call it triluminous. Similar tech.
I didn't know this. Have always wondered, why Sony TVs with Triluminous Display produced exceptional picture quality. I always thought it's some normal highly tight QC panel.

They are just building hype, counting on not just an uninformed audience, but also reviewers who shouldn't be reviewing TVs.

No mention or testing of contrast ratio or dimming zones or peak brigthness. Comparing televisions without calibrating them. Just throwing I'm nonsensical buzzwords like vibrancy. What exactly does that mean? Oversaturated and unnatural colors? You can get those on any similar panel if you screw up the settings. Did these guys actually measure the color gamut or color volume? No. I bet they don't even know how to do that.

Only in an uninformed market like India can such reviewers flourish. They are paid shills obviously, getting TVs before they are even released.

Shame is that this might even work. Problem is that people will fall for the PR. A TV costing 1000$ without FALD. Hisense H9F costs lesser and has better specs.
Most of these reviewers do not even mention basic things peak brightness and contrast ratio.I think most of us here know more about tvs than those youtubers.

Exactly . And they introduced it way before Samsung's so called QLED.

I really liked the speaker design on pro, kinda feels like a hi-tech device when the speakers popping out. Someone like rtings should review this TV so we’ll know its real worth.

True. They havent mentioned important specs like is it a ELED or FALD, number of local dimming zone, brightness, contrast. Concentrated most of the time on design,sound and UI rather than picture quality. Not sure about the upscaling capabilities. But I think the Q1 model is value for money for most of the users. Lets see how the foreign reviewers pass their judgment on this.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back