Can anybody suggest what other Streaming services support 5.1 surround sound in India apart from Netflix, Prime Video and Disney+Hotstar ?

Zee5 and Voot - Movies has 4k and 5.1 ?? can anyone confirm plz .. i seem selective content only like exclusives .. or is it also with movies ?

Most of new movie titles coming in Sunxt, also gets released on Netflix. I prefer enjoying them in Netflix for its superior A/V quality.

Guys this is just my opinion, one needs to buy blue ray discs for a fortune and have a library built with a collection of their favorite movies and the rest seen in ott platform, if one wishes for great AV experience supporting their TVs. As OTT can only go so far. But due to budget constraints we just run through the available content. You often hear the uncompressed sound while playing the auto previews or trailers of those films but when you actually play them you don't get the same quality. For quality one needs to spend in India while in other advanced countries, people can access quality content easily without a need to spend much. Lionsgate, SunNxt and ofcourse a costly Netflix are the only ott platforms that I found satisfactory to my eyes. Amazon prime looks somewhat second grade overall except for a few titles added recently. Some have wide area network set up with dvd or br rips downloaded and played but I am a guy with boy scout attitude and do not advocate those acts of piracy. But brand new movies in decent ott platforms have some eye candy looks in them and so things should improve I guess.

Anything improved in 2022?
Now I am not getting Atmos in netflix or prime, while I used to get it for selected titles last year. Not sure whether its an issue with my setup or with netflix. I am connecting MITv to my denon receiver via HDMI

Guys this is just my opinion, one needs to buy blue ray discs for a fortune and have a library built with a collection of their favorite movies and the rest seen in ott platform, if one wishes for great AV experience supporting their TVs. As OTT can only go so far. .

I agree. OTT never has the audio quality of Dolby TruHD from a BluRay. Ive also noticed that bluRay when it gets upconverted to 4k by the TV looks almost identical as a 4k OTT broadcast (to my eyes at least!). 4k UHD Bluray discs are in a totally different league from any OTT. Unfortunately, the availability of BluRay discs in India seems to be getting worse and when i order from abroad customs duty is usually applied.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back