DIY Audio Rack Made From Teak Wood & Plywood

Dust protection is a hassle. I am using old curtains cut up (the synthetic type) to cover electronics.
For an audio rack 2x2 footprint, try this.
(Ht x 2) + 2 feet nylon cloth; 2 pieces.
Have a local tailor stitch them in a "+" pattern; put zippers/velcro on all sides.
When you want to use, just release the velcro or unzip and fold up (assuming there is no TT on top shelf)

The sub (i assume) in the pic already has this.
Cheers,
Raghu

Hi I am unable to upload the other photos which show the details. Please note the crack on the top left which is because the wood was too thin/weak at that point. This was my first attempt (made by a carpenter to my design) and I am now working on a complete revamp

Hi I am unable to upload the other photos which show the details. Please note the crack on the top left which is because the wood was too thin/weak at that point. This was my first attempt (made by a carpenter to my design) and I am now working on a complete revamp

I think the gaps between the blinds are going to allow dust inside. For long i am looking for PC grade fan dust filters to put on top as dust protectors that will allow air to pass but catches dust. But at this size not getting anywhere.

Dust protection is a hassle. I am using old curtains cut up (the synthetic type) to cover electronics.
For an audio rack 2x2 footprint, try this.
(Ht x 2) + 2 feet nylon cloth; 2 pieces.
Have a local tailor stitch them in a "+" pattern; put zippers/velcro on all sides.
When you want to use, just release the velcro or unzip and fold up (assuming there is no TT on top shelf)

The sub (i assume) in the pic already has this.
Cheers,
Raghu

I tried this route earlier with zips, the problem is i had for individual devices and keeping them on and off was a tiring task that kept me away from devices :). i am quite lazy in these respects, 2nd challenge for the rack level cover is the wires at the back, especially interconnects. Hence went this heavy towel routes, actually two towels and it is doing job very well. I just need a better tie-ing option than those elastic ropes may be some kind of clips to just tuck at the sizes, still not luck.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back