Entry-level Floorstandings + AVR

@Krishroy2004, you surely can audition Sonus 1501 V3 (~13K pair) and you'll find nice stereo amplifier within 10K like Cambridge Audio Azur. If you don't mind pre-owned Sonodyne, you'll still find nice setup in your price range. There are other speakers too in your price range if not only Sonodyne. Q Acoustics 2010 are quite nice. You've to audition though.

@TripleAce, will surely ping you :)

Guys
What is your opinion about Wharfedale diamond 10.6 floorstanders. . I got an offer on 2 year old wharfie for 29000 /-.
Shall I proceed with the purchase or buy Tannoy eclipse 3,(36000 /- after discount)/Taga harmony. ...My usage is 60 :40 movies/music
Regards

If it is from the showroom then blindly you can go ahead

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Be careful if you're buying from OLX. I would still like the Diamond 9 Series, they're awesome. Tannoy and Wharfedale are now made in China and a dealer stopped getting them here coz of numerous driver problems. He showed me one Tannoy driver blown from the sides. He said Dali is way better.

Hi
I have checked the speakers in person. The cosmetic condition of the speakers is OK. Small dings and scratches are there.Accoustically it's perfect. Only problem is that one terminal in each speaker is broken, so you cannot bi wire the speakers. The guy said that it happened in transportation. Is this a deal breaker? Please give your opinion so that I can decide whether to go for it.
Regards
Dilip

Hi,

It's ur call to take as you have seen the speakers in person and also heard them.

Try to bargain if you feel that the speakers are not tampered with...etc.

I would enforce caution in such a deal. Even though the speaker binding posts can be replaced, what about the driver units themselves?

Careful! Careful! Careful!

Sonodyne is being represented as VFM, yes that they are. Consider this however, Sonus 2605 will cost you 35K or thereabouts, in the same range you get Dali Zensor 3 bookshelves, go a little higher you will get Kef Q300. Both are superior products. This is where the VFM argument loses its appeal.
Floorstanders have their appeal, the novelty and excitement factor but these bookshelves produce much better quality sound than Sonodyne. Most who start with Sonodyne move on to better quality speakers in about an year or so, that has been my experience.
With all due respect to Sonodyne and what they offer at these prices, I started with the Sonus range but now I can not imagine going back to them.

Hi
I have checked the speakers in person. The cosmetic condition of the speakers is OK. Small dings and scratches are there.Accoustically it's perfect. Only problem is that one terminal in each speaker is broken, so you cannot bi wire the speakers. The guy said that it happened in transportation. Is this a deal breaker? Please give your opinion so that I can decide whether to go for it.
Regards
Dilip

Binding posts is not a deal breaker. If the cosmetic condition is presentable and performance is how it should be, go ahead.

MaSh

Thanks all for your valuable input.
The final price they quoted is 26k.

Hi Guys
Went and booked Wharfedale Diamond 10.5 FS for my ht setup. Now I have to select matching centre speaker for it. The dealer here advised me to go for either paradigm
3S7/1S7(39000/27300) or POLK Csi A6/A4 (30000/20000).What would you guys recommend. ..
Any other options
Regards
Dilip

Hi

Remember in a HT setup it is the center and subwoofer who do all the major work (performance). It is essential that you get a center speaker which can output maximum frequencies between 20hz - 20khz.

The center speaker can be a different brand provided it is really good and performs as good as a full range speaker without any jarring etc. (obviously low frequency below 40hz till 20hz should be taken care by the sub).

If you are going for Polk Audio, make sure you demand for discount as ProFX ropes in 10-15%

Audition and decide.....as you are the ultimate user.

Dont bother looking at avr's as you wont be doing surround. look at stereo amplifier's (hopefully with a subwoofer out). Stereo amps will beat most avr's within the price range.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back