Fans of Television Series

Strike Back from season 2 onwards is awesome, they did a reboot, introduced two action heroes, and made it an all-out action series.

In terms of gunfights, nothing else comes close on TV, do watch seasons 2 through 5, it is completely different from season 1 and totally unrelated to it.

OK that confirms me watching se02 as well ... hope Hotstar does not censor anything, else will download and watch ....

Ozark is very good. Delayed watching it for some time, finally got to see the full season and its great! fine acting with a dark sense of humour and crime drama.

Good part is Season 2 coming in August. Also waiting for Better call Saul S04 in August, its one of the most awaited season this year based on the buzz.

Ozark is very good. Delayed watching it for some time, finally got to see the full season and its great! fine acting with a dark sense of humour and crime drama.

Good part is Season 2 coming in August. Also waiting for Better call Saul S04 in August, its one of the most awaited season this year based on the buzz.

Better call Saul was amazing. Mee too waiting.

OT: did anyone notice that the soundtrack of Fargo was unique. That chime and the drums I would go back and watch it for the sound.

We as HiFi enthusiasts what would you rate the most as videophilic and audiophilic?

I hated the series altered carbon for its dumb story but it is a treat on OLED. Same goes with the lost in space.

For audio Fargo and dark are my favorutes so far.

Walking Dead - Season 8 ... I would put this season again in the lower end of the liking of the show ... season 7 was almost same .....I think I would say till se06 I would have actually appreciated the show more, however I still am a fan of this genre and I still LOVE TWD, so I would not hate the season as much as few other might .... I enjoyed it almost in the same capacity as SE07, and yes look forward to SE09. TWD does not offer anything new, but yes if you have invested in to the characters up until SE08 or 07 even for that matter, you will feel the urge to see what holds them together going forward and you keep watching ... :) ...6.8/10 for this season and 7.5/10 for the series

TWD8 is still not available in Netflix India :(

Seen Ozark ,and its very good, slow, but builds the tension nicely and has that country eerie feeling to it .... I loved it and I am waiting for SE02...
and yes Better Call Saul has come under my all time top 10 TV series, Eagerly waiting for SE04

Altered Carbon was a master piece in front of Lost in Space ...lol
I couldn't survive more than 2 episodes of lost in space. The only thing I liked in altered carbon was the AI guys performance. Otherwise the direction looked dated from 90s with graphics of today.

Otherwise the direction looked dated from 90s with graphics of today.

That 90s feel was what I liked the most if you ask, me .... AC was no classic, but it was still decent. Lost in Space was downright disappointment.

Ray Donavan - SE01 - till EP 05 ...... BRILLIANT .. Simple brilliant show .... I have no idea where this show was hiding. I have seen 5 episodes up until now and specifically came here to put a tiny review. ...The series is about Ray Donovan does the dirty work for LA's top power players as the go-to guy who makes the problems of the city's celebrities, superstar athletes, and business moguls disappear, but that's just one layer of the show, it has multiple with his own family tangent playing a critical part in the web of incidents the show follows. The Dark, stunningly directed and written, very well acted. ... but still long way to go, as there are 5 season so will review as and when I complete seasons. For now this will be my main show to watch in the next month. No rating as I usually rate after SE01 only.

Better call Saul was amazing. Mee too waiting.

OT: did anyone notice that the soundtrack of Fargo was unique. That chime and the drums I would go back and watch it for the sound.

We as HiFi enthusiasts what would you rate the most as videophilic and audiophilic?

I hated the series altered carbon for its dumb story but it is a treat on OLED. Same goes with the lost in space.

For audio Fargo and dark are my favorutes so far.

+1 for Altered carbon in OLED. Its almost screen tearing in some scenes with vivid images. I can only talk about video because nowadays I watch these with very low volume due to wifey's preference (makes all my sound equipment a waste really). Fargo is one, and Better call Saul I remember for audio.

Star trek discovery, Sacred Games are great for video showcase. Goliath was average even in UHD. House of Cards rich blacks also come to mind.

I wish I could watch GoT final season and Wasteworld in UHD, Dolby vision. Guess we have to wait few more years for that since Hotstar/ Sony Liv doesnt seem to know what an HD is yet.

Ray Donovan - SE01 ..... Se E01 completed and I must say, one of the top Drama, Thriller I have seen in recent times, if you enjoy Crime Drama, Genre this is for you. I loved every emotion, every situation the series puts our characters and every single aspect is as believable as it can be. Top Notch I would say. An easy 8.0/10 for this one ending season 1. Going for Se02.

+1 for Altered carbon in OLED. Its almost screen tearing in some scenes with vivid images. I can only talk about video because nowadays I watch these with very low volume due to wifey's preference (makes all my sound equipment a waste really). Fargo is one, and Better call Saul I remember for audio.

Star trek discovery, Sacred Games are great for video showcase. Goliath was average even in UHD. House of Cards rich blacks also come to mind.

I wish I could watch GoT final season and Wasteworld in UHD, Dolby vision. Guess we have to wait few more years for that since Hotstar/ Sony Liv doesnt seem to know what an HD is yet.
Did you guys notice any 'graininess' on some of the series? I dont remember exactly which ones had it , but occasionally it was a bit grainy for me. My connection is super stable 50Mbps, its just the series. On the other hand the same ones on my Galaxy s8 streamed from netflix doesnt have it. But may be the screen is tiny that I cannot notice it.

Ray Donavan - SE01 - till EP 05 ...... BRILLIANT .. Simple brilliant show .... I have no idea where this show was hiding. I have seen 5 episodes up until now and specifically came here to put a tiny review. ...The series is about Ray Donovan does the dirty work for LA's top power players as the go-to guy who makes the problems of the city's celebrities, superstar athletes, and business moguls disappear, but that's just one layer of the show, it has multiple with his own family tangent playing a critical part in the web of incidents the show follows. The Dark, stunningly directed and written, very well acted. ... but still long way to go, as there are 5 season so will review as and when I complete seasons. For now this will be my main show to watch in the next month. No rating as I usually rate after SE01 only.
Dark gets better down the seasons . Even if I turn your expectations up, I dont think you will be disaapointed.

Dark gets better down the seasons . Even if I turn your expectations up, I dont think you will be disaapointed.
The first season is really good and positively explodes towards the end of the season. Jon Voight and James Woods brilliant performances are the main reasons for this. Season 2 in my opinion is saved only because of Jon Voight and it steadily goes downhill from there. Season 3 bored me to death and I gave up after that.

The first season is really good and positively explodes towards the end of the season. Jon Voight and James Woods brilliant performances are the main reasons for this. Season 2 in my opinion is saved only because of Jon Voight and it steadily goes downhill from there. Season 3 bored me to death and I gave up after that.
Yes it varies with people. I gave up Bates motel after 3 seasons. Many people like it.

Yes just completed SE03, and starting SE04 ...did not disappoint me at all. Class Drama, superb family dynamics, grounded believable plot line and realistic dialogues, no situation I could find where it looked as if character behaved or reacted in an irrational or out of place manner ...... SE03 got a bit slow yes, but over all still maintaining the super quality

Ballers S04 up ! E01 was a little slow and disappointing, but hoping it will improve. Also watching rerun of Dexter.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back