Fans of Television Series

I am interested in McMafia, and I will see it .....Specially coz of NS.

+1 for Altered carbon in OLED. Its almost screen tearing in some scenes with vivid images. I can only talk about video because nowadays I watch these with very low volume due to wifey's preference (makes all my sound equipment a waste really).

Roku comes with a remote that has a headphone jack built into the remote itself. It uses wifi to stream audio from the Roku device to the remote and then to your headphones. The voice quality is surprisingly good for a "free" wireless streaming audio feature.

Alternately, I would highly recommend getting a Sennheiser or some other wireless headphone. It is totally worth it. But honestly, for that price, you could just buy a Roku too.

I had posted earlier about Queen Of The South. Highly recommend if you haven't seen season 1 yet. Also, season 2 just came out. Seems to be reasonably good so far. Very similar to Narcos in many ways, and a true story as well, except with a female protagonist, and has more of a "back against the wall and trying to survive in a vicious gang world" flavor than Narcos.

I had posted earlier about Queen Of The South. Highly recommend if you haven't seen season 1 yet. Also, season 2 just came out. Seems to be reasonably good so far. Very similar to Narcos in many ways, and a true story as well, except with a female protagonist, and has more of a "back against the wall and trying to survive in a vicious gang world" flavor than Narcos.
will add to my watchlist. Thanks!

Did you guys notice any 'graininess' on some of the series? I dont remember exactly which ones had it , but occasionally it was a bit grainy for me. My connection is super stable 50Mbps, its just the series. On the other hand the same ones on my Galaxy s8 streamed from netflix doesnt have it. But may be the screen is tiny that I cannot notice it.

Some of them are intentionally so, e.g. - Godless. Not sure which other ones though.

Netflix
Deadwind

Starts off with a woman being buried in a field E1. It all happens in Helsinki/Finland. It's in Finnish, so I could not take my eyes of the screen. Rather well acted esp by the actor who plays Sofia Karpii. A couple of episodes where there is imho unecessary screen time for stuff that is unimportant to the main investigation in villa tranquila for instance or that MMS scandal. A couple of places where you have to cough politely at the author, but go on with the script. There is a swot team that appears from time to time shouts clear and vanishes, not a series with gunshots and blood and gore. This is about the drama and I thought it was all rather cool.

Very watchable.

I continued that with more snowy landscapes and also finished off three seasons of Fargo. S1 was the best IMHO.

Ciao
GR

Watched two seasons of Shades of Blue - a cop show a la "The Shield" (Cops not as dirty, series a little less good!), about a bunch of 'slightly' crooked cops who don’t do things by the book, but it’s all for the good of the local people! Stars Jennifer Lopez as Harlee who has a teenage daughter in private school and is in need of extra cash. She’s part of some sort of elite Manhattan police unit lead by Sergeant Bill “Woz” Wozniak (Ray Liotta) who takes protection money from criminals and disperses to the members of his crew. FBI agent (Warren Kole) nabs Harlee for accepting a bribe and will throw her in jail unless she goes undercover to expose Woz and the rest of her crew – which keeps harping that is like family.

JLo can act - mostly convincing as a two timing sly cop, serving two masters but always looking out for herself. just as they solve a problem another crops up and sometimes they just seem forced. There is also a black cop in the crew that wants to do the 'right' thing but does exactly opposite when a problem is presented! The teenage daughter of JLo also contributes to the moral dilemma but ready to do sneaky stuff behind her mothers back! Ticks the check boxes of American TV series - "family & "doing the right thing" (but never actually doing it except when convenient)!

Ok - now for the positives - good casting, taut acting, brisk plotting, engaging to name a few. Better than average time pass.

Started watching Narcos, the story telling mechanism is awesome. Still in season 1. In parallel continuing Elementary, Johnny Lee Miller has probably brought out the best of the modern Holmes character with Lucy Liu experiment as Watson paying off very well. Suits, Blacklist (waiting for next season) carrying on as usual. But recently also respected Sacred Games.

I have found "Terror" on Amazon Prime to be superb. Awesome landscapes (set in North Pole) and superb acting. Plus, some interesting Scottish and Finnish series on Netflix such as Shetland and Border Town. I found McMafia to be pretty decent and loved the 4 seasons of Peaky Blinders. These are beyond the usual blockbusters such as Dark, Narcos, House of Cards etc.

Terror is in my watchlist for long, my bro suggested it ,,,,,

Ray Donovan - SE05 ..Finally the SAGA comes to an end .... atleast all broadcasted 5 seasons ..... Completed in one month 7 days....... SE05 takes a huge gamble and turn from the previous 4 seasons... it becomes too emotional, slow and drama oriented than it was in the previous seasons, BUT for me it was good, as writes had to do some changes else it would have become bore. On the contrary many did not like the sudden change of pace and events and hated se05.... but for me i just LOVED RD .. the lengths RD can go .... the weird ways he finds to tackle, ....And the performance in SE05 reached a new level...... Both RD and his wife Abby played by Paula Malcomson have given oscar worthy performances. After 5 season the rating stands same and tall at 8/10 for this one. Highly looking forward to SE06

I have watched terror, yes indeed north pole expedition and route finding mission of Brits, but after midway it becomes intolerably violet. Some may not like it.. spolier alert.. realistic ... Man eating man

That was the lamest spoiler alert in the history of spoiler alerts ....:p:p:p:D

Can vouch for "Terror". Exceptional production design and visuals. Tense plot with good actors. One of the best shows on Amazon Prime at least, considering they have so many average shows compared to Netflix.

Watched first three episodes of Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan - spy / action / thriller. Stars John Krasinski in the title role. He does a decent job though the best Jack Ryan was Harrison Ford in my opinion!
Wendell Pierce who starred as Robert Zane in Suits and as Bunk Moreland in the Wire, is James Greer a CIA division head.
The first season follows the titular CIA analyst as he is wrenched from the security of his desk job into the field after discovering a string of dubious bank transfers, which is being carried out by a rising Islamic terrorist named Suleiman
While Jack Ryan's characterization stays close to the original in the book versions, dont expect the TV show version to be a reproduction of Tom Clancy's novels. This is a very engaging TV show to watch in the action genre - now that Blacklist, Homeland are getting frayed and Person of Interest is stopped. Good action sequences, taut screen play, bang for the buck kind of series - excellent time pass and characters are not larger than life and are realistic.

Last edited:
Lillyhammer was a good one,sad it got cancelled after the 3rd season,norwegian mafia show.Sopranos in norway:cool:.

Just finished watching first episode of 'Harmony with AR Rahman' on Amazon prime. The production quality is of the highest standards I've seen so far. I'm sure it'll be a treat to watch for all the audiophiles here. Time to turn up the volume!!

I loved the way they have produced the show. Top Notch quality.

Just finished watching first episode of 'Harmony with AR Rahman' on Amazon prime. The production quality is of the highest standards I've seen so far. I'm sure it'll be a treat to watch for all the audiophiles here. Time to turn up the volume!!
Is it available on search easily? What to search for?

Is it available on search easily? What to search for?
Just search Rahman in amazon prime and you will get it...

I echo others - the production and sound quality is superb. I was amazed to see how my sub responded to the 'mizhavu' in first episode

Just search Rahman in amazon prime and you will get it...

I echo others - the production and sound quality is superb. I was amazed to see how my sub responded to the 'mizhavu' in first episode

Nice stuff.

The last episode was a sadly a downer - esp the mizhavus, they could be seen and hardly heard :( Sometimes less is more and all that.

ciao
gr

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back