Fans of Television Series

Binge watched 10 episodes of Ultraviolet a 10 episode Polish TV serial. Polish actors, dialogues are in Polish - the only pain is having to read the subtitles - probably the reason for 6.9 rating on imdb!
The series follows the life of a thirty-year-old woman (Ola Serafin) who is forced by circumstances to leave her husband and London, and return to her hometown of Lódz. While driving her car one night, she witnesses a dramatic situation which looks like suicide, but which she finds highly suspicious. The police seem to be indifferent to the case. Desperate, Ola looks for help on the Internet, where she finds a group of amateur detectives that solve criminal cases the police are unable to. The Police are reluctant to pursue many of these cases due to procedural/legal issues or just due to plain negligence.

Thankfully the personal drama issues of the team of internet 'detectives' that include a mandatory geek are kept minimum and do not hamper the pace. The way they arrive at certain steps / suspects may seem shallow, but you cant cram everything in a 40 min episode. Fast paced, gripping, easy on the eyes and mind as the issues / process of deduction are explained clearly. The acting is good not slick and the presentation is interesting and linear. Worth a watch!

Just finished watching Jack Ryan. What a treat! Really well done and doesn't just portray a one dimensional Western view of the whole subject.

Also watching Sons Of Anarchy on Netflix. This is an old one but I find my self really enjoying it! While it may seem like a gang serial, it is actually about relationships, tussle for leadership, philosophy of the club, the camaraderie and selflessness that club members show and how they treat each other like family. It gets slow in places where there is too much of the emotional and relationship angle, but it also has enough action and twists and turns to keep you thoroughly engaged. Can highly recommend.

Watching Madam Secretary nowadays and despite it's abrupt start in S1 E1, it rolls so much better than the other White House drama I finished (Designated Survivor). Designated Survivor has some truly irritating characters such as that silly FBI agent. Eagerly awaiting House of Cards' last season and carefully adding up episodes of Better Call Saul (no binge watching for this one as they are releasing episodes gradually).

Bodyguard just released on Netflix yesterday. Netflix was waiting for the last episode to be aired live on BBC. They were able to get the global display rights just a day after! Just started watching - looks really really good!

Amazon Prime is also releasing Mirzapur on Nov 16. It looks promising - and similar to Gangs Of Wasseypur. So much gaalis in modern "gritty" serials nowadays. But I can't complain - would rather take high production quality, good acting, and decent script - anyday even if i have to put up with needless gaalis and gratuitous sex and violence. Not that i mind, but when it gets over the top, it seems forced and contrived.

Just finished watching Jack Ryan. What a treat! Really well done and doesn't just portray a one dimensional Western view of the whole subject.

Also watching Sons Of Anarchy on Netflix. This is an old one but I find my self really enjoying it! While it may seem like a gang serial, it is actually about relationships, tussle for leadership, philosophy of the club, the camaraderie and selflessness that club members show and how they treat each other like family. It gets slow in places where there is too much of the emotional and relationship angle, but it also has enough action and twists and turns to keep you thoroughly engaged. Can highly recommend.

One of my all time favorites. Kurt Sutter is a brilliant storyteller...you should check out The Shield and Mayans MC too.

Bodyguard just released on Netflix yesterday. Netflix was waiting for the last episode to be aired live on BBC. They were able to get the global display rights just a day after! Just started watching - looks really really good!

Amazon Prime is also releasing Mirzapur on Nov 16. It looks promising - and similar to Gangs Of Wasseypur. So much gaalis in modern "gritty" serials nowadays. But I can't complain - would rather take high production quality, good acting, and decent script - anyday even if i have to put up with needless gaalis and gratuitous sex and violence. Not that i mind, but when it gets over the top, it seems forced and contrived.

I agree on the over do of sex violence, but when done right it just takes the show to another level, ofcouse you need gritty script and performances as well, but just saying .... Sacred Games nailed it when it came to Sex n Violence ...it was perfectly blended and cursing as well...... the cursing came where it actually felt had to come..... Hope Mirzapur keep the same level of sense and quality. Trailer looks really good.... Horn scene was ROFL.

Quick update on Bodyguard: Finished watching the season. Overall, still highly recommend. However, the ending was quite outlandish and contrived. Reminded me of an Indian saas-bahu TV serial. But that's just the ending - overall the season is still eminently watchable. And for all what I said, there were a few nice twists and surprises in the end, so all in all, worth it.

Yes I am watching Bodyguard, on ep05 as of now and really loving it ....... gritty and intense and technically well handled ..... will complete and then share my review ....

Bodyguard .. Loved it ... anyhow usually Britt shows are top in their respective quality. Last one I saw The Fall as also extremely quality induced show, in fact I liked the fall more than bodyguard, not to say Bodyguard was not good, its just not as good as The Fall. Independently it is really good, with very high in technical details, believable performances, gritty investigation. The"only" small grip I have is, I felt the ending was rush a bit ...... in comparison to the show that is slow and develops gradually..... 7.3/10 I will give this

Last edited:
Quick update: I have started watching Mirzapur and it completely lives up to expectation. Really good acting and casting and dialogs and story. Only watched 2 episodes so far. I was expecting a copy-paste formula of Gangs Of Wasseypur but this is holding itself to its own standard. So far very pleased with the series. I was equally impressed with the previous series on Amazon Prime: Breathe (Madhavan and Abhishek Bachchan).

Quick update: I have started watching Mirzapur and it completely lives up to expectation. Really good acting and casting and dialogs and story. Only watched 2 episodes so far. I was expecting a copy-paste formula of Gangs Of Wasseypur but this is holding itself to its own standard. So far very pleased with the series. I was equally impressed with the previous series on Amazon Prime: Breathe (Madhavan and Abhishek Bachchan).

That's next in line after Narcos Mexico.

Has anyone here watched Counterpart? It stars JK Simmons, Olivia Williams and Nazanin Boniyadi (remember her from Homeland?) and the first season concluded about a month back. I started on it yesterday (2 episodes down) and it looks very promising. Genre: SciFi (in the world building construct)/Thriller.

I also watched the second season of Berlin Station over the last few weeks. It was as good as the first. It is one of those mini series that don't get the recognition they deserve. Genre: Out and out spy stuff in the vein of Le Carre novels.

Also currently watching Westworld Season 2 as it unfolds. I'll watch Billions (Season 3) and The Americans (Season 7) binge style after they finish airing all the episodes in these currently running seasons.

Is westworld s02 any good? After watching 2 episodes, I don't find myself invested like i was for s01.

I have completed Mirzapur but I my mind while the screenplay is addictive and fast yet Gangs of Wasseypur is the master movie on this series same way as Border still remains the baap of all war movies. I think Kadri's story telling is far superior in Gangs of Wasseypur than Mirzapur and even the dialogues and script of Gangs of Wasseypur is epic which is still unmatched even in aspects of dirty humour. Moreover the biggest misuse is posing Rajat Tripathi as the maffia lord, his "eye gesture and head nod" to "move on" is very stereotype that he uses in every movie he has been part of and mind it he is a great actor but Kulbhushan Kharbanda should have been posed as the lord even if on wheel chair. But overall it engages the viewer well.

I completed watching
That's next in line after Narcos Mexico.

Must watch, the series is too good, the guy playing Pablo Escobar will steal your sympathy for sure. Excellent acting and story telling.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back