Fans of Television Series

If you liked that, check "The Innocent Man" out - By John Grisham. Gripping watch. On Netflix. And there is one more "The Staircase"

Thanks. I have watched those two as well, and I agree!

Making A Murderer still takes the cake though. If this was written up as fiction, most people would dismiss it as being frankly unbelievable. That it isn’t fiction...

Started watching "Designated Survivor" on Netflix. I must say Kiefer Sutherland is in the habbit of making his own stuff as nail biting as the series 24. :) Although some of the stuff is hard to believe like the fluidity with which decisions are made and people fired in US, but its a enjoyable series after all. Acting wise its Kiefer in the centre as usual and he is doing a good job.

Making A Murderer still takes the cake though. If this was written up as fiction, most people would dismiss it as being frankly unbelievable. That it isn’t fiction...

Making a murderer, Wild Wild Country and Evil Genius are probably the best ones I have watched on NF.

Started watching "Designated Survivor" on Netflix. I must say Kiefer Sutherland is in the habbit of making his own stuff as nail biting as the series 24. :) Although some of the stuff is hard to believe like the fluidity with which decisions are made and people fired in US, but its a enjoyable series after all. Acting wise its Kiefer in the centre as usual and he is doing a good job.
I felt the series dragged a bit and was very predictable after a few episodes. While I cannot comment on how low he should bend or how flexible a president should be, Kirkman is too good and too accommodating for my taste. I would prefer Presidents like the Underwoods :) Plus the White House looks like a glorified office from Suits...I mean how can people just walk along without taking any notice that the President of the "most powerful country of the free world" is passing by?? Also almost every other Senator who walks in tries to arm twist him (maybe coz he is the Designated Survivor and an Independent). I would love to watch the third season, but not too eagerly waiting for it.

Last edited:
I felt the series dragged a bit and was very predictable after a few episodes. While I cannot comment on how low he should bend or how flexible a president should be, Kirkman is too good and too accommodating for my taste. I would prefer Presidents like the Underwoods :) Plus the White House looks like a glorified office from Suits...I mean how can people just walk along without taking any notice that the President of the "most powerful country of the free world" is passing by?? Also almost every other Senator who walks in tries to arm twist him (maybe coz he is the Designated Survivor and an Independent). I would love to watch the third season, but not too eagerly waiting for it.
Thanks for the heads up. I say it's a glorified 24 where Jack Bauer is POTUS

DareDevil SE03 ..one of the rare series that grows as season passes ...SE03 was the best of the 3, as usual gripping, super dark, emotional and fights oh man ... any stunt choreographer has to see how with such hugely long shorts, fights can be choreographed and still can be as gripping, in fact, looks much real. DD SE03 surpassed the longest shot of SE01 ..... the show stealer fight sequence in DD SE03 is whooping 11 mins long one shot. and IT freaking amazinggg!!! ... I don't know how did they do it ...but no fast cuts, heck there ARE no cut in this 11 min shot ..... no crap closeups, everything this is shown up far in detail, and the fight still looks super gruesome and "real" ..... Loved DD ......8/10 for this one ...... It a shame that DD04 will not be returning on Netflix......

Ozark - Just completed this on NF. Had this on my list for a very long time and eventually binged the 2 seasons. The story is simple -
A Financial planner launders money for a ruthless Mexican drug cartel. He has to move to the Ozarks after his partner is caught embezzling the cartel money. He bites more than he can chew and from there on begins his journey and the imminent seen and unseen dangers that cross his path and how he uses his calm demeanor to overcome those. Jason Bateman as Marty Byrde is awesome. Out of his comfort zone. Laura Linney shines as his wife. Her transition from the scared, guilty wife to the stone cold woman she becomes is brilliant. But for me Peter Mullan's and Lisa Emery's coldblooded portrayal of villainy take the cake. Especially Lisa. They simply give you the shivers without any of them working hard for it. Jasons low and calm voice with the southern drawl sends chills down your spine. Another actress that needs a special mention is Julia Garner. The no nonsense girl next door character she plays is awesome. Her bitchiness (pardon my french) and the willingness to be ruthless to succeed and the underlying scared and vulnerable girl attitude is the highlight. Harris Yulin as Jimmy Small aka Buddy is endearing. Good cast of characters. One of the best dramas on Netflix.
Season 2 ends leaving us with questions rather than answers. Hopefully S03 is aired soon.

1549259922505.png

^^ SE02 is pending on my list SE01 was really good .... is SE02 as good or better than one?

BOSCH - Season 4 .. ... equally good as previous seasons ..... rock-solid performances direction, tight screenplay, and good mystery ...... can be a bit slow in between for some...for me Top tv series ...8/10 for this one

BOSCH - Season 4 .. ... equally good as previous seasons ..... rock-solid performances direction, tight screenplay, and good mystery ...... can be a bit slow in between for some...for me Top tv series ...8/10 for this one

Undoubtedly superb show... enjoyed all the four seasons. Just finished my revisit yesterday... the third time

Anyone watched or watching Deep State featuring Mark Strong, would love to take a dive into this, but a small heads up would be great before spending the precious hours into it.

Anyone watched or watching Deep State featuring Mark Strong, would love to take a dive into this, but a small heads up would be great before spending the precious hours into it.
Good series - some intrigue, some action, but not totally gripping (I didnt root for the characters unlike I did for Carry in Homeland), not too boring either! Filmed well. If you like this genre, you can definitely watch once.

Good series - some intrigue, some action, but not totally gripping (I didnt root for the characters unlike I did for Carry in Homeland), not too boring either! Filmed well. If you like this genre, you can definitely watch once.

Thanks for your feedback. Will give it a shot.

Ozark - Just completed this on NF. Had this on my list for a very long time and eventually binged the 2 seasons. The story is simple -
A Financial planner launders money for a ruthless Mexican drug cartel. He has to move to the Ozarks after his partner is caught embezzling the cartel money. He bites more than he can chew and from there on begins his journey and the imminent seen and unseen dangers that cross his path and how he uses his calm demeanor to overcome those. Jason Bateman as Marty Byrde is awesome. Out of his comfort zone. Laura Linney shines as his wife. Her transition from the scared, guilty wife to the stone cold woman she becomes is brilliant. But for me Peter Mullan's and Lisa Emery's coldblooded portrayal of villainy take the cake. Especially Lisa. They simply give you the shivers without any of them working hard for it. Jasons low and calm voice with the southern drawl sends chills down your spine. Another actress that needs a special mention is Julia Garner. The no nonsense girl next door character she plays is awesome. Her bitchiness (pardon my french) and the willingness to be ruthless to succeed and the underlying scared and vulnerable girl attitude is the highlight. Harris Yulin as Jimmy Small aka Buddy is endearing. Good cast of characters. One of the best dramas on Netflix.
Season 2 ends leaving us with questions rather than answers. Hopefully S03 is aired soon.

View attachment 33524

Looks like a new topic beyond how cartels grew and destroy, most cartel series are like that only

Made In Heaven - Season 1 - first 2 episodes ..... When I saw director as Zoya Akther, it took me one second to start the TV web series (APV) and boy oh boy, I was not disappointed, this review is just after 2 episodes, but I was compelled to come and post something. Zoya yet again has created something ultimate, special and layered. The series follows 2 people running a wedding planner company called MIH, every episode they tackle big fat Indian weddings, and with that comes layered stories, complications and what not ......and how the company deals, solves and tackles the situations. Direction, performance, everything is super top notch, and the way all the company unit comes and deals with situations is superb. ... and then comes their personal lives, which also is shown in a very very grounded way. So many stories are layered and dealt with maturely. Dialogues are the best part, so so damn natural and real. Absolutely LOVED it. THIS is how an indian drama series should be. its an 8.5/10 for this after 2 episodes at least. There are few things that I was a bit sceptical about but that I will share after complete season 1. Meantime people looking for quality Indian drama series, don't miss it.

Made In Heaven - Season 1 - first 2 episodes ..... When I saw director as Zoya Akther, it took me one second to start the TV web series (APV) and boy oh boy, I was not disappointed, this review is just after 2 episodes, but I was compelled to come and post something. Zoya yet again has created something ultimate, special and layered. The series follows 2 people running a wedding planner company called MIH, every episode they tackle big fat Indian weddings, and with that comes layered stories, complications and what not ......and how the company deals, solves and tackles the situations. Direction, performance, everything is super top notch, and the way all the company unit comes and deals with situations is superb. ... and then comes their personal lives, which also is shown in a very very grounded way. So many stories are layered and dealt with maturely. Dialogues are the best part, so so damn natural and real. Absolutely LOVED it. THIS is how an indian drama series should be. its an 8.5/10 for this after 2 episodes at least. There are few things that I was a bit sceptical about but that I will share after complete season 1. Meantime people looking for quality Indian drama series, don't miss it.

thx bro for the review, will surely watch it , big fan
of zoya Akhtar since I saw her first movie 'Luck by chance'

Yea Meri Family - Season 1 - First 2 Episodes ....Anyone who was born in the 70s and has spent their teens in the 90 will absolutely DIG this TV web series on TVF (The viral fever) on youtube. Another Indian web series that deserves full accolades for the concept, content, direction and boy the acting of the 2 kids who are the protagonist of this show. The show is called Yea Meri family on TVF. As I said if you grew up in the 90 in a middle-class family and in a small town, THIS series is a MUST. But even if you are not you still would find something so relatable that you will fall in love with the series. I was blown by the so subtle, realistic uncanny resemblance of so many intrinsic details this series showed of the 90s we all grew up with. Just 2 episodes for now but as was with MIH I was compelled to come and write a quick review.....8.5/10 for this one

Just finished watching Secret City - starring Anna Torv. Had watched the first season and it took watching the last 10 mins of the first season to remember where it ended. Its a political drama with the regular mix of conniving and plotting politicians, ambassadors, journalists. Throw in the mix a few war torn and scarred soldiers, a bit of corruption and diplomacy- you have a serial. Watch it only if you do not have anything else to watcg.

I just wanted to mention a new series on APV - The Widow - starring Kate Beckinsale, in her new botoxed avatar. I am through the 3rd episode and it looks interesting. The plot revolves around her husband being killed in a plane crash in Congo only to be seen alive by her (Georgia Wells) after 3 years. Like all "I -wanna-know-why" types, she travels to Congo to uncover the truth. I am with her and shes only reached the 3rd episode. I will post a full review once I reach the end of the season with her :) Decent watch yet.

^^ SE02 is pending on my list SE01 was really good .... is SE02 as good or better than one?
Sambhai, S02 leads you to want a 3rd season. There are twists and turns as the first. I am sure you'll like it.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back