• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Fans of Television Series

VRavichandar

Anyone watched or watching Deep State featuring Mark Strong, would love to take a dive into this, but a small heads up would be great before spending the precious hours into it.
Good series - some intrigue, some action, but not totally gripping (I didnt root for the characters unlike I did for Carry in Homeland), not too boring either! Filmed well. If you like this genre, you can definitely watch once.

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

saketb

Good series - some intrigue, some action, but not totally gripping (I didnt root for the characters unlike I did for Carry in Homeland), not too boring either! Filmed well. If you like this genre, you can definitely watch once.
Thanks for your feedback. Will give it a shot.

haisaikat

Ozark - Just completed this on NF. Had this on my list for a very long time and eventually binged the 2 seasons. The story is simple -
A Financial planner launders money for a ruthless Mexican drug cartel. He has to move to the Ozarks after his partner is caught embezzling the cartel money. He bites more than he can chew and from there on begins his journey and the imminent seen and unseen dangers that cross his path and how he uses his calm demeanor to overcome those. Jason Bateman as Marty Byrde is awesome. Out of his comfort zone. Laura Linney shines as his wife. Her transition from the scared, guilty wife to the stone cold woman she becomes is brilliant. But for me Peter Mullan's and Lisa Emery's coldblooded portrayal of villainy take the cake. Especially Lisa. They simply give you the shivers without any of them working hard for it. Jasons low and calm voice with the southern drawl sends chills down your spine. Another actress that needs a special mention is Julia Garner. The no nonsense girl next door character she plays is awesome. Her bitchiness (pardon my french) and the willingness to be ruthless to succeed and the underlying scared and vulnerable girl attitude is the highlight. Harris Yulin as Jimmy Small aka Buddy is endearing. Good cast of characters. One of the best dramas on Netflix.
Season 2 ends leaving us with questions rather than answers. Hopefully S03 is aired soon.

View attachment 33524
Looks like a new topic beyond how cartels grew and destroy, most cartel series are like that only

SPONSORED ADS