• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Fans of Television Series

Mav3rick

There is something called as Hotstar Specials. Well, I watched two very interesting series there. One was City of Dreams and the other Hostages

City of Dreams -
This is directed by Nagesh Kukunoor. To begin with the cast is purely flawless. If you have Sachin, Priya Bapat, Atul Kulkarni, Siddharth Chandekar all in one series, its bound to be interesting. Its about how the power of politics plays out. When Ameya Rao Gaikwad is shot in broad daylight, his two children, Ashish (Siddharth Chandekar) and daughter Poonam (Priya Bapat) fight to keep their injured father's legacy alive. While Ashish has a short fuse and has a different way of doing things, Poonam is a more mild, subdued daughter, wife and a mother. She always said she would be a temporary choice till the time her father gets better. But there are twists that make her feel that she's getting the short end of the stick. The series builds up nicely with the shooting of Ameya Rao investigated by Wasim Khan (Ejaz Khan). That angle has a different story to tell. Its interesting how the characters are built up to narrate a riveting story. Its a must watch. Watch it for Priya Bapat.

Hostages - There is Netflix and APV who gave us Sacred Games and Mirzapur. Then there is Hotstar who gave us CoD and then they dish out a poorly scripted, naively acted and shoddily directed Hostages. Its a cheap and shameless remake(copy) of the Israeli drama by the same name. Watch it and you'll know how different these both serials are. Its difficult to believe that this lame serial is directed by Sudhir Mishra who gave us brilliant movies like Yeh Woh Manzil To Nahin , Is Raat Ki Subah Nahin, Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi, and who was the screenwriter in classic Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron. The series could have been a major, major hit with the kind of story it is, but fails right from the first 25 minutes and right from the time when we see a loosely tied rope around Parvin Dabas.

Tisca Chopra wastes herself as Dr. Meera Anand. The only expressions I could see on her face was the Botox which was blatantly visible. Her family is taken as a hostage by a gang of 4 ppl, as she is slated to operate on the CM Khushwant Lal Handa (Dalip Tahil). The leader of the gang is Prithvi Singh (Ronit Roy) who has just retired as a decorated cop. Meera's family is her husband Sanjay (Parvin Dabas), a school principal , who has serious financial problems, a irritating son, Shovan (Sharad Joshi)(please study hard and get a day job Sharad), a daughter Shaina (Malhar Rathod), who btw is pregnant and has nothing to do but to sulk, cry and have the same constipated emotions throughout. She looks like as if she is sleepwalking through the role. The rest of the kidnappers — Hyma (Anangsha Biswas), Prince (Surya), and Aman (Aashim Gulati) who thinks he's in love with Shaina — are all so busy sorting out their own issues that they cannot even handle a family of 4 ppl. The kind of faith they have in letting Meera and Sanjay leave at their whims and fancies is just too much. So much so that Prithvi even pays 10 Lakhs to Sanjay to settle a debt *facepalm*. Other things like how Shaina's bf calls her out at the top of his voice in the middle of the night in a post society, how Meera waltzes around in the hospital stealing medicines, asking for patient details, going to the mortuary, goes in and out without being noticed is just - Chu***pa!! I mean how can a kidnapper just remove his mask when Meera says - "says a man with a mask" and off it comes. Too much creative liberties taken to make this a total disaster. What could have been a brilliant thriller just dies down like a fire without oxygen. Its an absolute failure at being a thriller. Give it a miss my friends. Don't even watch the trailer. Watch the original one if you want (IMDB link below). The only thing I liked about this whole shitpile is the house the Anand's live in. The rest is all BS. Drop this. Don't say I didn't warn you.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3242480/

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

sam9s

didnt like city of dreams as well, I was excited with the name Nagesh Kukunoor. But I left it within first 30 mins .... very formulaic and cliched, Hotstar still has to go miles before they even come close to APV and Netlix. Infact even TVF as better original Hindi shows than Hotstar .....

Mav3rick

didnt like city of dreams as well, I was excited with the name Nagesh Kukunoor. But I left it within first 30 mins .... very formulaic and cliched, Hotstar still has to go miles before they even come close to APV and Netlix. Infact even TVF as better original Hindi shows than Hotstar .....
Yes, CoD starts off that ways, but then slowly it takes off. But agreed, Hotstar needs to come up with some really good content. By TVF you mean, The Viral Fever?

hifitoaster

It is now the highest rated tv series on IMDb. Surpassed Breaking Bad
Everygood series initially will be rated very high by fans. Then critics kick in. And after a year we will see what is it worth. That being said I would also give 9/10 for that.

sandeepss

Everygood series initially will be rated very high by fans. Then critics kick in. And after a year we will see what is it worth. That being said I would also give 9/10 for that.
Yes. Fargo was the only series I saw which had consistent or even better episodes in S2 & 3

sam9s

^ oh there are many .... Justified surpassed every previous season, Ray Donavon was there every season was better than previous....then .... SUITS ...... The Good Wife ... the list goes on ....

sandeepss

^ oh there are many .... Justified surpassed every previous season, Ray Donavon was there every season was better than previous....then .... SUITS ...... The Good Wife ... the list goes on ....
Ok. Are these shows on prime? I’ll check them out. Now watching “How to get away with murder”

hifitoaster

Ok. Are these shows on prime? I’ll check them out. Now watching “How to get away with murder”
I finished good omens yesterday. It was different but too dramatic and lame and predictable. Visually most of it was a treat though.

SPONSORED ADS