Fans of Television Series

Kota Factory Season 2 (Netflix) - it's a story of every student who once aspired for IIT. Season 2 lived up to its name. All the characters, specially Jitu Bhaiya, delivered a superb performance. I highly recommend it.

Crime Stories: India Detectives (NF): A 4 part series about the crimes in Bangalore. Though the series is about the Police Department, it touches a bit on their personal lives as well. Watch it only if you are interested. Contains images disturbing for some.

Departure (LP) : A passable fare about a plane bombing. Give it a miss.

The Defeated (NF): Not sure if I wrote about this or not. Its about post war Berlin, where the allied forces and others are jostling for control. Crime is rampant and one Angel Maker - Werner Gladow (Sebastian Koch), is on the top of everyone's list. A New York cop Max McLaughlin (Taylor Kitsch), is asked to help "set up" a police station which currently is a makeshift office and squad, in an old Post Office headed by Elsie Garten (Nina Hoss). Max also needs to find his brother, hence his interest in this job. In his quest of finding his brother, he uncovers some disturbing secrets. I think the story does not end where it left off. Max still needs answers to a lot of questions. His angle with Tom Franklin's (Michael C Hall) wife (Tuppence Middleton) is not yet explored. The Defeated has a potential to keep the users hooked on for one more season.

Voot Select Film Festival: The short movies on Voot Select are a treat. While some are true gems like, Natkhat, Adi Sonal (Neena Gupta is superb!), Tap Tap (Chunky Pandey weaves his magic), Dinner in Lockdown, Khauff( a must watch), others are okay- ish. Doesn't hurt to watch all. They are short and do not run enough to cause a headache :p.

9 Perfect Strangers (APV)- A FM recommended it and I started watching only to realise that its a weekly episode sh**. Till now I liked it but will discontinue till the time all episodes are aired. Pretty frustrating.

Started Squid Game - 3 episodes down.

Concept of Death Games is not new. Characters are also pretty cliched. But, Drama is very taut. And reason behind the games is biggest suspense till now. Overall, Series is worth watching. How it transcends or fizzles out, Let's see.

P.S. I am sucker for Korean thrillers. They make some excellent cinema.

Started Squid Game - 3 episodes down.

Concept of Death Games is not new. Characters are also pretty cliched. But, Drama is very taut. And reason behind the games is biggest suspense till now. Overall, Series is worth watching. How it transcends or fizzles out, Let's see.

P.S. I am sucker for Korean thrillers. They make some excellent cinema.
Watched it last week... Good i would say 6 to 7 out of 10.not worth the hype but good watch for a single time

Not sure, if discussed already. I started watching the serials on OTT platform and i loved "Dark", " Mr. Robot" and started watching "Money Heist".. But, somehow i couldn't hold on to it. May need go this thread to get some interesting soap.

Not sure, if discussed already. I started watching the serials on OTT platform and i loved "Dark", " Mr. Robot" and started watching "Money Heist".. But, somehow i couldn't hold on to it. May need go this thread to get some interesting soap.
I could not continue watching Mr Robot and Money Heist.
Skipped Dark (I give a very wide berth to anything supernatural!) altogether :)
Watching some old serials for a change.
I'm on the 6th season of Practice after bingeing on Good wife.
Practice throws up some very interesting dilemmas of the legal profession that kept me hooked. Some of these questions still have relevance today.
Good wife had interesting first season but after that it kind of tapered off gradually and the politics part was not engaging for me

Watch house MD, breaking bad, the wire, firefly, justified, lost if you haven't already

Watched the following on Apple TV.

Vigil - A detective is sent to investigate a murder in a nuclear submarine — Vigil— and unearths a larger conspiracy involving traitorous seamen , peace activists , politicians and of course Russians. I have always been fascinated by submarine thrillers. The claustrophobia of the closed spaces , life as a well exercised drill , survival based on hide and seek games. My only quibble is that, sometimes these serials try to humanise their protagonists by giving us an insight into their personal lives through flashbacks etc , which according to my estimation , only serves as a distraction.

Departure — While Vigil dealt with intrigue inside the sea , Departure , is an investigation on a flight that vanishes midair. A lone survivor found floating on a dinghy in the ocean and the black box located in the ocean but proving difficult to retrieve hold the clue to the airplane’s mystery disappearance. A few red herrings and a surprise ending still not resolved makes for an engaging watch.

Acapulco— A middle aged millionaire reminisces to his nephew about his job in a Mexican resort. Colourful , breezy , humorous at times and preachy without being ponderous , it’s an ok watch if you are into this kind of stuff.

The Mallorca Files — A detective series that serialises the adventures of a pair of Spanish police detectives in Mallorca. The guy is German and his female partner an English. The gent is the goofy counterfoil to the hardboiled , methodical lady. The man is married but the writers tease with a subtle hint of romance. The plots are not riveting. But once again it’s a sunny , breezy adventure for those whose thing it is to watch exotic locales and a well dressed lady detective doing her thing.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back