Fans of Television Series

The Lincoln Lawyer (Netflix): Apparently based on the novel The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly involving the lawyer character of Mickey Haller. Set in LA and based upon the case of a video-game startup mogul who's accused of murdering his wife and her yoga instructor lover. Missus and I watched most of the episodes late at night and, with the (almost complete) absence of ambient light, some of the cinematography was simply breathtaking at times, even for our untrained eyes. Wished for a little more oomph in the LF, but overall quality of the BGM and sound mix was pretty good. Some of the realism in the audio was unreal ;) The courtroom/trial preparation stuff had too many holes for me, but the story is engaging enough (with the human element aplenty between the lawyer and his ex as he attempts to reconcile) to make it worth a watch.

I haven't even started watching this series! Somehow this does not come on top of 'what I want to view now list' :)
Better call Saul is very entertaining. Highly recommended. Talkative protagonist with a comical sense, nice expressionist, even better than Breaking bad at times.

Better call Saul is very entertaining. Highly recommended. Talkative protagonist with a comical sense, nice expressionist, even better than Breaking bad at times.
Thanks for the recommendation.
Next on my list is Lincoln lawyer and will watch Better call Saul after.
I compartmentalized BCS with Goliath which after a good first season went downhill for my liking. I stopped Breaking bad after s1e1. I don't enjoy dark, high on intellect kind of serials. Got bored with "the wire"! Same with the very popular "Game of thrones" - not my kind of stuff!
That said, House MD is my all time favourite, but only the first four seasons!
Prefer Rajni film any day (Padayappa and earlier ones) over any acclaimed actor/director's serious movies!

Thanks for the recommendation.
Next on my list is Lincoln lawyer and will watch Better call Saul after.
I compartmentalized BCS with Goliath which after a good first season went downhill for my liking. I stopped Breaking bad after s1e1. I don't enjoy dark, high on intellect kind of serials. Got bored with "the wire"! Same with the very popular "Game of thrones" - not my kind of stuff!
That said, House MD is my all time favourite, but only the first four seasons!
Prefer Rajni film any day (Padayappa and earlier ones) over any acclaimed actor/director's serious movies!
House MD is really a great series. Although medical practitioners would not like the medical nuances that are over the top driven. If you like Rajinikanth stuff, then you must watch Lucifer. (Strangely in Lucifer, the protoganist's "English accent" is as out of place as a thick kannadika gibberish Tamil accent by Rajinikanth in Tamil films, thinking about it, be it a fitting resemblence). Or if you like a thuparivalan Vishal kind of series then "Mentalist" will appeal you.

House MD is really a great series. Although medical practitioners would not like the medical nuances that are over the top driven. If you like Rajinikanth stuff, then you must watch Lucifer. (Strangely in Lucifer, the protoganist's "English accent" is as out of place as a thick kannadika gibberish Tamil accent by Rajinikanth in Tamil films, thinking about it, be it a fitting resemblence). Or if you like a thuparivalan Vishal kind of series then "Mentalist" will appeal you.
Have watched both, enjoyed Mentalist but not lucifer.
Fantasy, supernatural, super*anything is not my kind of thing except superstar:).
Watch Rajni films for dialogues??? 😁 May be the punch dialogues! I'm no fan though!
The limited time I set aside for entertainment is for pure unadulterated fun and not for layered nuanced deep realistic moving stories!

White collar, Blacklist S1-3, Homeland, Boston legal, Bosch, 24, Castle are some of the other series that I enjoyed.

Last edited:
Have watched both, enjoyed Mentalist but not lucifer.
Fantasy, supernatural, super*anything is not my kind of thing except superstar:).
Watch Rajni films for dialogues??? 😁 May be the punch dialogues! I'm no fan though!
The limited time I set aside for entertainment is for pure unadulterated fun and not for layered nuanced deep realistic moving stories!

White collar, Blacklist S1-3, Homeland, Boston legal, Bosch, 24, Castle are some of the other series that I enjoyed.
I like Surya films and Vijay Sethupathi. I dont know why i dont like Vijay and Ajith the two big trending superstars of Tamil cinema. Typecast films dont appeal me. Rrr and kgf2 are over the top for me to enjoy. Kinda like Sivaji the boss or Robot 1&2 kind of films that is overhyped but I don't relish such films that much. I even liked Pettai but not Kabali or kaala or darbar. I liked Thoongavanam but not Vishwaroobam 2. (1 was watchable and a new genre in Tamil cinema as they showed Afghan rebels but 2 was too much heroism where Kamal jumps from a flight and the faraday point in microowen crap and underwater cinematography which was half baked). Maybe its my taste gone wrong. As i expect too much maybe.

Anyone watching the new season of Stranger Things. Plz drop your thoughts as it was much awaited.

Prehistoric Planet (Apple TV+): Narrated by 96 year old Sir David Attenborough, this takes viewers back to a world from 66 million years ago. The CGI in this one is simply remarkable. You might be forgiven for thinking that the team went back in time to shoot a real nature documentary. One of my daughters commented on the "skin texture" of one of the dinosaurs. Sound is wonderfully dynamic as well and the cinematography is jaw-dropping. Very, very highly recommended!

Formula 1: Drive To Survive (Netflix): An inside look at the cut-throat world of F1 racing. A must watch, especially if you have a surround sound/Atmos setup. Showcase audio that demonstrates the value of not just having quality mains but also capable surrounds and overheads that can keep up with those mains. Throw in a quality, powerful sub (or 2 or 4), push the MV to 0 and the result is simply fantastico!

Last edited:
You Don't Know Me (Netflix): British drama/thriller where a man charged with murder fires his lawyer so he can make the closing arguments. Short series (4 episodes), but pretty gripping, even with the plot holes. The ULF in this one was a (very) pleasant surprise.

Black Bird (Apple TV+): Based on true events.
A drug dealer is offered a way out of jail if he can get a serial killer lodged in another prison to spill the beans on where he's buried his victims.
Episode and a half in. Gripping and pretty intense. Some stellar acting. Very, very highly recommended!

An eternal comedy classic which one can enjoy anytime & also had the Indian adaptation.
Sadly actor "Barry Evans " who plays professor Brown was murdered in real life.

Katla(NF): Shot in the beautiful and mesmerizing Iceland, Katla is an active volcano in Iceland situated over a huge glacier. A year after the eruption, a small town Vik which is closest to the volcano, has only a few residents who chose to stay behind. The rest migrated to other cities. Vik - which is perpetually covered with so much volcanic ash that it looks black, has limited potable water, no vegetation to consume both by humans and cattle. It has only a few families who barely manage to live by, a small hotel for the scientists and volcanologists and their guests, and other migratory analysts. The town is off-limits to other folks to ward off thrill-seekers and the only way to enter is to obtain a permit and then travel on the only boat. Communication is largely through a sat phone. And to top it all, the sub-zero temps, blizzards, storms and erratic supplies. Now imagine, in a town with such restrictions and unimaginable living conditions a lady covered with only dried volcanic ash appears from nowhere. She was living there 20 years ago, had left Iceland and was never seen thereafter. She is also "living" with her son in Sweden. YES, two of her at the same time. :oops: Missing or dead people mysteriously start to appear from under the volcano terrifying the residents. We never know why till the last episode.

For me it was a welcome change from the regular plots and stories. The last episode carries a warning and yes, it is disturbing to an extent. Especially the scene with Mikael. The story moves at a slow pace and the progress is a bit too sluggish at times. Once you understand the complex ending and the plot, its an interesting watch.

I kinda understood the whys and the whos after a discussion with the wife and that quelled the curiosity. Its an intricately woven story of relationships, regret and human emotions. Let me know if you understood the story :)

Happened to see Katla over weekend. Indeed its refreshing from regular plots. Brilliant cinematography and you are immediately translocated to iceland.

Slow Horses (Apple TV+): British spy thriller. Audiovisual treat, this one. Draw the curtains, turn up the volume and bask in the gloriousness of this first-rate production.
Watched it! A refreshing change! Quintessential British fare! Don't Miss Kinda Stuff!

Excellent performances by Gary Oldman & Kristin Scott Thomas!

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back