Fans of Television Series

m-jeri large mixed list you have there.

Have to agree with you on Arrested Development! But for me Sopranos is still at least 9/10 if not a 10. You have to see The Wire (maybe a bit boring for you) and Dexter.

Looks like you have an unlimited broadband connection! ;) hee hee!

Sopranos is excellent. No doubt. But for me, its what it is. :D I am mostly a comedy guy. So will always be leaning towards them.

Already started wire. S1 is over.

No UL connection or anything exactly . Just patience.

Can get enough of Two and a Half men,the 1st five seasons were the best after that the show is being going down.....still running now sans Charlie. Another one would be British Comedy" Coupling" Man Jeff Murdoch was too good..anyone who has seen it knows how amazing it was.

coupling was awesome, i have watched it so many times and yet a same kick.

New series called 'The River' has just started. One of the best pilots (2 episodes) I have seen recently.

Scary supernatural thriller, but more subtle than the loud bang surprise variety.

Must confess that TV content seems better than movies these days.

Watching Lost with my wife. Just done with season 1 and started season 2. Must say its one of the best series.

New series called 'The River' has just started. One of the best pilots (2 episodes) I have seen recently.

Scary supernatural thriller, but more subtle than the loud bang surprise variety.

Must confess that TV content seems better than movies these days.

Thought it was coming in March for us... where are you watching it?

Anyone watching the new 'Luck'? Awesomely made with great soundtrack and Hollywood big names - Dustin Hoffman, Dennis Farina etc

My watched serials are in post #9

Since then, I've finished 5 seasons of "24". It's essentially somewhat similar in the plot elements - terrorists, Jack Bauer, CTU, President, too many geeks on either side, bodies falling all around, torture, incredibly fast networks accessed by incredibly powerful systems, sacrifice, tough decisions made within a short time frame. It is however very interesting when run as a marathon (2-3 episodes a day with 5-8 on a Sat and Sunday) where you do not stop to think and just watch it. Hope the remaining 3 seasons engage me the same way and not go the way Kiefer's increasingly receding hairline.

Watched 3 seasons of "Heroes" - two too many, IMHO. It was a good concept, but execution was lacking. I liked Zachary Quinto as Sylar and to some extent, the character (bit not all the story lines) of Hiro.

Finished Firefly + Serenity yesterday. It was a nice series, but the movie did not totally satisfy me because all along I was thinking that had the series continued, the story arc would have run two complete seasons == more fun and less cinematic elements. Nathan Fillion does his cool, funny, but serious when called for thing - same way he does 'Castle' now.

Next in line is "Spartacus: Blood and Sand", followed by "Gods of Arena". Gonna catch up "Lost" sometime later. May be I'll finish "Twin Peaks" before that.

Thinking of the following series. Are all these worth watching?

1. The Wire
  2. Rome
  3. Game of Thrones
  4. Sherlock

PS: I seem to have a liking for brilliant, but socially awkward characters like Mr. Monk from 'Monk', Temperance Brennan from 'Bones' and Walter Bishop from 'Fringe'. Any other series with lead/main characters such as these?

i love the following

glee
fringe
terra nova
supernatural
bing bang theory

but my all time fav is Blackadder.... (best of brit comedy)

>>
PS: I seem to have a liking for brilliant, but socially awkward characters like Mr. Monk from 'Monk', Temperance Brennan from 'Bones' and Walter Bishop from 'Fringe'. Any other series with lead/main characters such as these?<<

Brilliant and socially awkward? Can't beat Dexter for that :)

Brilliant and socially awkward? Can't beat Dexter for that :)

But, I've already watched 'Dexter'. Hope Season 7 is better than the last two seasons :)

Also, I am not sure if I'd include Dexter in that list. It's like Bill's dialogue in "Kill Bill Vol 2"

Now, a staple of the superhero mythology is, there's the superhero and there's the alter ego. Batman is actually Bruce Wayne, Spider-Man is actually Peter Parker. When that character wakes up in the morning, he's Peter Parker. He has to put on a costume to become Spider-Man. And it is in that characteristic Superman stands alone. Superman didn't become Superman. Superman was born Superman. When Superman wakes up in the morning, he's Superman. His alter ego is Clark Kent.

Dexter is a serial killer. His social life is his mask to protect the 'Dark Passenger'. Even his job as blood splatter analyst is a natural extension of what he does - splattering blood over plastic sheets.

The characters I've mentioned do care about others around them and in return, people around them understand and accept them with all their weird behavior. They are somewhat 'normal' ;)

But, in Dexter's case, if anyone 'understands' him, they most likely end up on the table wrapped in a plastic sheet (His father and Lumen from S05 are the two exceptions, IIRC). As far as I understand, he really cares only about two people - Deb and Harrison, both of whom don't know who he really is - at least until the very end of Season 6.

i really like walter bishop... interesting character. not to mention his alter ego walternate.

incredible brains but the basic things in life can confuse him.

I started following Downton Abbey (Had no choice - wifey's orders that we watch it together), but to my surprise I really liked it.

On similar lines, Upstairs Downstairs, the new series, is rather interesting as well.

They are both pre-war period dramas. Was never my favorite genre before I started watching these.

Nurse Jackie is another series I am following. Just finished 2nd series.

Breaking Bad is another one I cant wait for the next (5th) season to start. It should be the last season for the series.

Cheers,

Saurabh

i really like walter bishop... interesting character. not to mention his alter ego walternate.

incredible brains but the basic things in life can confuse him.

Yeah Walter Bishop.... really interesting character...
However FRINGE ..... at times does get a little too carried away

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back