Fans of Television Series

Try some of the Danish shows:

1. Forbrydelsen (The Killing)
2. Borgen
3. Bron/ Broen (The Bridge)

The quality of these shows are much superior to anything US is capable to coming up, both in terms of TV shows or movies. The exceptions being:

1. The Wire (arguably, the best TV show, ever)
2. Game of Thrones

been watching them for a while now, but nothing to beat HEROES..........the best I have come across.

Damm How did I ever missed this thread ...... anyway .... following are what I have seen till now....... will also share which TV series are absolute worht watching ....

@aakashr ...... Then I'd say you have not seen much ... :)

THE LIST ..

HEROES
Nmbers
CSI
Fringe
Super natural
True Blood
Prison Break
LOST
Stargate-SG1
The walking dead (Waiting for next season)
V
Firefly
Sliders
Band Of Brothers
Flashforward
Criminal Minds
CARLOS
Band of Brothers
Big bang theory
How I met your mother
Survivors
Life on Mars
Spartacus Blood and Sand
Earth 2
Jeremiah
The day of the triffids
Threshold
Veronica Mars
SHARK

Out of above my TOP 5 (not to be missed are ...)

Number 5 :: Veronica Mars
Number 4 :: V
Number 3 :: FlashForward

And the slot for top 2 tv shows (yet) goes to ...

Number 2 :: SHARK
Number 1 :: FireFly

For more information check out IMDB ....

TV Series which are lined up for my next viewing are ...

1. First Wave
2. Jerico
3. Person Of Interest
4. The Colony
5. Babylon 5
6. Castle

Damm How did I ever missed this thread ...... anyway .... following are what I have seen till now....... will also share which TV series are absolute worht watching ....

@aakashr ...... Then I'd say you have not seen much ... :)

THE LIST ..

HEROES
Nmbers
CSI
Fringe
Super natural
True Blood
Prison Break
LOST
Stargate-SG1
The walking dead (Waiting for next season)
V
Firefly
Sliders
Band Of Brothers
Flashforward
Criminal Minds
CARLOS
Band of Brothers
Big bang theory
How I met your mother
Survivors
Life on Mars
Spartacus Blood and Sand
Earth 2
Jeremiah
The day of the triffids
Threshold
Veronica Mars
SHARK

Out of above my TOP 5 (not to be missed are ...)

Number 5 :: Veronica Mars
Number 4 :: V
Number 3 :: FlashForward

And the slot for top 2 tv shows (yet) goes to ...

Number 2 :: SHARK
Number 1 :: FireFly

For more information check out IMDB ....

seen most from the list and I do have my favorites but still love HEROES :)...........was so disappointed when it ended. You have Spartacus Blood and Sand listed but have hot listed Spartacus gods of the arena.......the prequel, also very good.

^^ How about the top 5 I have listed ... have you seen any of them ... No doubt for long HEROS was my fav too ... untill I saw Flashforward ..... or the Ultimate FireFly ..... and was completely blown by SHARK .....

^^ How about the top 5 I have listed ... have you seen any of them ... No doubt for long HEROS was my fav too ... untill I saw Flashforward ..... or the Ultimate FireFly ..... and was completely blown by SHARK .....

Agreed. Flash forward is nice. Too bad they made only 1 season. However the best of your list is definitely fringe...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

I just finished with MISSING and loved it..............Flash forward sounds good too, that's next on my list.

Fringe will end next season. The last season is not it's best, but I continue with it. I will miss Walter dearly when the series ends.

Supernatural hasn't been at it's best for the last couple of seasons - it just seems to go through it's motions. Every week, I fondly hope they know where they are going and there's a pay off at the end of it all. But even the penultimate episode of this current season was not as gripping. May be Kripke should come back and put it back on track.

The Walking Dead on the other hand has me waiting for the next season. When the current season started, the storyline went a little too melodramatic for me, but got me hooked as the episodes rolled in.

@sam9s,

Have you completed Firefly by watching Serenity? ;)

Next in line for me

• Finish "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" (On Ep. 11) followed by "Gods of the Arena" and "Vengeance"
  • Twin Peaks
  • Lost
  • Prison Break
  • Game of Thrones
  • Monk as filler from time to time. I caught it on television from Season 4 or 5 or so onwards, so catching back on Seasons 1 through 4 on DVD.

How good is "True Blood"?

I will queue 4 of your Top 5 once I am done with my list.

@rishi.s,

"The Wire" is THAT good? I am eager to check it out once I am done with my queue.

@sam9s,

Long time Bro! Long time back ...:) Infact if I remember right after I finished the season 1 .... , Knowing me you shouldnt have even asked me that question ... :)

Person of Interest, Season 1 just finished in the US and it is showing on Star World now. It is awesome.

Also watch Battlestar Galactica if you can.

Firefly is amazing, do watch it-not only as a sci-fi show but as a drama as well.

Castle is another good one as is Deep Space Nine.

Sherlock BBC series - new one - 2 seasons, 6 episodes 90 minutes each - you will be hungering for more.

Awake - excellent concept, a bit like Life on Mars.

Hustle, White Collar, Suits are some of the other shows I have loved.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Fringe will end next season. The last season is not it's best, but I continue with it. I will miss Walter dearly when the series ends.

Supernatural hasn't been at it's best for the last couple of seasons - it just seems to go through it's motions. Every week, I fondly hope they know where they are going and there's a pay off at the end of it all. But even the penultimate episode of this current season was not as gripping. May be Kripke should come back and put it back on track.

The Walking Dead on the other hand has me waiting for the next season. When the current season started, the storyline went a little too melodramatic for me, but got me hooked as the episodes rolled in.

@sam9s,

Next in line for me

• Finish "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" (On Ep. 11) followed by "Gods of the Arena" and "Vengeance"
  • Twin Peaks
  • Lost
  • Prison Break
  • Game of Thrones
  • Monk as filler from time to time. I caught it on television from Season 4 or 5 or so onwards, so catching back on Seasons 1 through 4 on DVD.

How good is "True Blood"?

I will queue 4 of your Top 5 once I am done with my list.

@rishi.s,

"The Wire" is THAT good? I am eager to check it out once I am done with my queue.

True Blood is good :) between Vampire Diaries and True Blood, I prefer True Blood!!!

:( game of thrones season 2 came to and end..

i need to wait for another freaking 11 months for this show again..excellent show..

:( game of thrones season 2 came to and end..

i need to wait for another freaking 11 months for this show again..excellent show..

Hehe ....same feeling for me regarding the show "The walking dead". There is a wait of 12 months after every season.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

PRISON .. do i need to type!
terminator : the sarah connor cronicles- wow just liked how they have extended the Jconnors bringup / the lady terminator is one of the best/
sarahC is better than the movie

Dexter : killer n analyst

Addicted to The Game Of Thrones and Mad Men for now. Last episode of Mad Men was pretty interesting. There was a lot of water cooler talk about it on Tuesday.

As for The Game of Thrones - I just keep on hoping that finally the big war would happen for which the whole of series 2 so far has been building up to. I haven't lost hope yet, with just one episode to go before the season is over.

I also have been catching up on "Agatha Christie's Perot" episodes, may be subconsciously to remind me of growing up and watching TV on Sunday afternoons in early 90's.

Cheers,

Saurabh

My watched serials are in post #9

Since then, I've finished 5 seasons of "24". It's essentially somewhat similar in the plot elements - terrorists, Jack Bauer, CTU, President, too many geeks on either side, bodies falling all around, torture, incredibly fast networks accessed by incredibly powerful systems, sacrifice, tough decisions made within a short time frame. It is however very interesting when run as a marathon (2-3 episodes a day with 5-8 on a Sat and Sunday) where you do not stop to think and just watch it. Hope the remaining 3 seasons engage me the same way and not go the way Kiefer's increasingly receding hairline.

Watched 3 seasons of "Heroes" - two too many, IMHO. It was a good concept, but execution was lacking. I liked Zachary Quinto as Sylar and to some extent, the character (bit not all the story lines) of Hiro.

Finished Firefly + Serenity yesterday. It was a nice series, but the movie did not totally satisfy me because all along I was thinking that had the series continued, the story arc would have run two complete seasons == more fun and less cinematic elements. Nathan Fillion does his cool, funny, but serious when called for thing - same way he does 'Castle' now.

Next in line is "Spartacus: Blood and Sand", followed by "Gods of Arena". Gonna catch up "Lost" sometime later. May be I'll finish "Twin Peaks" before that.

Thinking of the following series. Are all these worth watching?

1. The Wire
  2. Rome
  3. Game of Thrones
  4. Sherlock

PS: I seem to have a liking for brilliant, but socially awkward characters like Mr. Monk from 'Monk', Temperance Brennan from 'Bones' and Walter Bishop from 'Fringe'. Any other series with lead/main characters such as these?

The Wire and Sherlock are far superior to any of the ones you've listed. But then again, anything would be superior to Burn Notice.

Guys is this thread limited only to English Television series? How about Indian ones?
Interested in some good detective television series? Will we get the Sherlock Holmes Series on HD format?

Guys is this thread limited only to English Television series? How about Indian ones?
Interested in some good detective television series? Will we get the Sherlock Holmes Series on HD format?

Please enlighten if anything is worth watching :D.

Do remember fondly some old ones, but nothing much in the last decade or so.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back