Fans of Television Series

Mozart In The Jungle is also shot in 4k, and the last season is in HDR. I also recently bought the LG B6, and the last few episodes were breathtakingly beautiful. Especially the episode where they play open air in the prison.

Couldn't have agreed more, the immersive experience of 4K & HDR makes watching MITJ such a joy.

I have the B6 too and i'm itching to watch some good 4K HDR content. Does AP list the 4K content separately?

Last i checked, MITJ was rendering at 1080 on my TV app. Not sure how to get hold of the 4K+HDR version.

I have the B6 too and i'm itching to watch some good 4K HDR content. Does AP list the 4K content separately?

Last i checked, MITJ was rendering at 1080 on my TV app. Not sure how to get hold of the 4K+HDR version.
If you scroll way down the Amazon Prime app, you would find the shows listed as UHD. Also MITJ season 3 is in 4k, rest is 1080p but my 4k TV upscales that too brilliantly.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If you scroll way down the Amazon Prime app, you would find the shows listed as UHD. Also MITJ season 3 is in 4k, rest is 1080p but my 4k TV upscales that too brilliantly.

Ahhh... thanks... It doesn't show up in the TV App but does so in the mobile app.

The Path Season 2

Just finished Season 2 of this show & it is much better than the S01. The show has a pretty slim fan following overall but the story line is unique.

Just a heads up on the show, it follows lives of people inside a cult religion & the battle for hierarchy after the cult leader dies under mysterious conditions. S01 is a very slow burner but it also develops & adds a lot of depth to the lead characters.

The show is defiantly very dark & with S02 it keeps spiraling down. S02 is very intense & has a very Shakespearean approach to the whole story with love, sex, deceit & jealousy all interwoven as it takes a heavy toll on each of the characters inside the cult.

Jut like Breaking Bad Aaron Paul plays a intensely sad character to the T, but only this time he is a husband & a father coming to terms with his false life inside the cult.

Available on Amazon Prime.

Sorry about that. I blame the length of this thread :eek:

I'm also quite intrigued by Fortitude. Heard some great things about this show. Seems to be slow moving from what I hear, but also good.
It is a slow burner but will keep you hooked all along.. first season was quite good, yet to see second one.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

While waiting for the last three episodes of "The Expanse", finished the short-lived Pushing Daisies (TV Series 20072009). Burdened by the onslaught of movies and series that are dark and serious, I wanted something light-weight, colorful and cheerful. PD is exactly what I needed. I have no idea if I'd have spent time with it in a different day and mood, but I did finish it quickly.

It is an absurdist fantasy romance comedy with episodic crime solving. It has a tinge of character quirkiness that is found in Wes Anderson films. It was fast paced with enough parallel plot lines. Not everything makes sense in the 'Pushing Daisies' universe. But, who cares? It was by and large wonderful and only occasionally annoying. Emerson Cod (Chi McBride) and Olive Snook (Kristin Chenoweth) are the standout characters for me, though, in terms of acting, one cannot ignore Swoosie Kurtz either.

Worth a download? coz I could not find it on any streaming services......

BTW, The walking Dead season 7 got completed and now is with me ready to be seen,:) will start it soon...

The Fall Season 3

So curtains down to this excellent psychological drama, superlative performances from Gillian Anderson as Stella Gibson & Jamie Dornan as Paul Spector. The character of Paul Spector is hugely magnified in S03 & his beastliness comes screaming out of the screen. One of the best crime detective shows watched in recent times.

8/10

Available on Netflix.

Fauda Season-1

Language: Herbew & Arabic

This show is Israel's "Homeland", it follows the group of covert ops unit set up by the Israeli govt, working deep inside Palestine territories to eliminate the most dangerous hamas jihadists. The show is edge of the seat thriller as it take you right inside the dangerous alleys of Palestinian cities of Ramallah & others. The story deals directly with the psychological & collateral damage the Sp Ops Unit & jihadists face in the ongoing war.

Worthy of binge watching.

Available on Netflix India.

8/10

I see this all the time when ever I used to browse netflix, but I was not sure about the quality, hence avoided, looks like its a keeper ..... worth a watch u saying ?

I see this all the time when ever I used to browse netflix, but I was not sure about the quality, hence avoided, looks like its a keeper ..... worth a watch u saying ?
Just watch the 1st episode & I bet you will be hooked.

I watched BOSCH and loved it .... yet to see the second season, I guess i will rewatch se01 and then get on to se02, it was seriously good.

Six Feet Under (TV Series 20012005)

I have been wanting to watch this series for a very long time. I have just finished the first season.

At this point, this is one of the best drama series I have watched. The writing is excellent for the most part. The first few episodes were interesting, but nothing unusual. It was after all about a dysfunctional family, only this time, they run a funeral home. But then it got better. The only thing that separates each episode is the 'death of the week' that begins them. Otherwise, the flow is continuous, with the plot building on what came before. In a way, this makes the series feel like reading a novel rather than reading articles. Given that this is a very human drama, do not expect snappy pace or too many twists.

What I liked most about the series is how it feels very real at times. The conversations between characters were very 'slice of life'. Imaginary conversations with the dead work well as a projection of internal dialogues. The intense gay portions, of which there are many, were the only uncomfortable bits to sit through. Of course, they are essential to the character development that follows.

The acting is by and large, very good. The theme music is a bloody ear-worm that keeps playing in my head.

According to comments I have read, the first two seasons are the best. Some have continued to love it. Others have found it difficult to soldier on till what is supposedly a great final episode. I don't know which way it will turn out for me.

Six Feet Under (TV Series 20012005)

I have been wanting to watch this series for a very long time. I have just finished the first season.

At this point, this is one of the best drama series I have watched. The writing is excellent for the most part. The first few episodes were interesting, but nothing unusual. It was after all about a dysfunctional family, only this time, they run a funeral home. But then it got better. The only thing that separates each episode is the 'death of the week' that begins them. Otherwise, the flow is continuous, with the plot building on what came before. In a way, this makes the series feel like reading a novel rather than reading articles. Given that this is a very human drama, do not expect snappy pace or too many twists.

What I liked most about the series is how it feels very real at times. The conversations between characters were very 'slice of life'. Imaginary conversations with the dead work well as a projection of internal dialogues. The intense gay portions, of which there are many, were the only uncomfortable bits to sit through. Of course, they are essential to the character development that follows.

The acting is by and large, very good. The theme music is a bloody ear-worm that keeps playing in my head.

According to comments I have read, the first two seasons are the best. Some have continued to love it. Others have found it difficult to soldier on till what is supposedly a great final episode. I don't know which way it will turn out for me.
Wow, your review looks interesting, but 5 seasons looks a daunting task to begin a new show, is it available on Netflix or Amazon Prime India?

is it available on Netflix or Amazon Prime India?

I wouldn't know :eek:. I don't use streaming services due to my bandwidth limitations. I usually download.

Given that you like dramas more, you should definitely give SFU a shot.

Wow, your review looks interesting, but 5 seasons looks a daunting task to begin a new show

I have the same starting trouble with sam9's favourite, "The Good Wife".

But, then I recently managed to complete 13 seasons of 'Poirot' spread over 4 months (Nov 25 - Mar 26th). Considering that many of the later episodes have a running time of 100 mins, I could watch only one episode on most of the days. Daunting in the beginning? yes. But, if you think in terms of watching season by season, it is the same as binge-watching any other series. I am always very slow in the familiarization phase (Poirot's 1st season took me a month). I usually spread the episodes over a period of time and watch it in between other shows. Once I have developed an interest in the characters, the show becomes the default choice. Also, if you are interested enough to cross the half-way mark, completion bias kicks in, making it much easier to complete the show. It would be the same for everybody.

Not all series are the same. It took me only a week's time to complete both seasons of "Pushing Daisies" (In hindsight, I have undersold that show), a week to finish the first season of SFU, but look at how I have progressed with BlackAdder :)

After SFU, I have "The Shield" and "Sopranos" lined up. I have no time for new series now, but don't mind catching them after 2-3 seasons, just like I did with "Black Mirror" :)

I wouldn't know :eek:. I don't use streaming services due to my bandwidth limitations. I usually download.

Given that you like dramas more, you should definitely give SFU a shot.

I have the same starting trouble with sam9's favourite, "The Good Wife".

But, then I recently managed to complete 13 seasons of 'Poirot' spread over 4 months (Nov 25 - Mar 26th). Considering that many of the later episodes have a running time of 100 mins, I could watch only one episode on most of the days. Daunting in the beginning? yes. But, if you think in terms of watching season by season, it is the same as binge-watching any other series. I am always very slow in the familiarization phase (Poirot's 1st season took me a month). I usually spread the episodes over a period of time and watch it in between other shows. Once I have developed an interest in the characters, the show becomes the default choice. Also, if you are interested enough to cross the half-way mark, completion bias kicks in, making it much easier to complete the show. It would be the same for everybody.

Not all series are the same. It took me only a week's time to complete both seasons of "Pushing Daisies" (In hindsight, I have undersold that show), a week to finish the first season of SFU, but look at how I have progressed with BlackAdder :)

After SFU, I have "The Shield" and "Sopranos" lined up. I have no time for new series now, but don't mind catching them after 2-3 seasons, just like I did with "Black Mirror" :)
Yup, there is a certain amount of fatigue that sets in after watching so many shows. Also when you come out after watching a good show, say like Rectify, you get heavily invested in the story & characters, then it's difficult to change gears & start watching another show right away. I could barely complete the Good Wife Season 1 though its a good quality show for that reason.

The other 2 shows that I am eager to start is Justified & Sons of Anarchy, both aren't available on any Indian streaming sites yet. Thanks for the heads up on SFU, will definitely try it.

Homeland Season 6 is absolutely a cracker, no doubt the show is rated so high in its genre. The show has so many legendary characters to root for.

Broadchurch Season 3 just got completed & it is one of the best crime detective shows out there. The European shows have a certain amount of flair & a laid back attitude of story telling which gels well with the town/city it is shot in, which is a integral part of the narrative. Broadchurch is no exception, the beautiful coastal town is so beautifully exploited by the makers & most of the shots are outdoors, the ariel drone footage of Broadchurch gives it a surreal touch. S03 has a completely new story but a little baggage of the last 2 seasons do creep in to give it a continuity to show how life goes around in a small town.
After "The Killing" , this is the only show which have multiple suspects till the end & you still keep guessing about the culprit.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back