Fans of Television Series

The Last Kingdom
The Last Kingdom (TV Series 2015 ) - IMDb

If you like GOT( seldom is the case :D), I am sure you'll like this. Some one once mentioned The Last Kingdom as a "poor man's GOT" - LOL.

Its set in a time when today's England was not the ONE single country that we know. Separate regions, separate Kings. Danes invade it and most of it is taken, except the kingdom of Wessex ruled by King Alfred (the nonchalant David Dawson).
Alex Dreymon as Uthred of Bebbanburg is fantastic! His demeanor, his accent, his appearance all display the rebel that he is. Uthred is born as a Saxon and brought-up as a Dane. His epic struggle as a born nobleman and bred viking is what makes him a person. The shades of both are displayed in his battles and his personal interactions with his loved ones, King Alfred and his enemies. I personally liked his agonizing reluctance to remain as Alfred's Oathman. Casting is impeccable. Ian Hart as Priest Beocca, Millie Brady as strong yet soft Aethelfaed, Simon Kunz as Odda, Eva Birthistle as Hild, Peri Baumeister as the headstrong and sharp Gisela, Bjorn Bengtsson as Sigefrid( No one could have played this better IMHO) to name a few.

Only 2 seasons has me waiting eagerly for the next. Must watch for all those who like GOT and/or Vikings.

Homeland Season 6 is absolutely a cracker, no doubt the show is rated so high in its genre. The show has so many legendary characters to root for.

Broadchurch Season 3 just got completed & it is one of the best crime detective shows out there. The European shows have a certain amount of flair & a laid back attitude of story telling which gels well with the town/city it is shot in, which is a integral part of the narrative. Broadchurch is no exception, the beautiful coastal town is so beautifully exploited by the makers & most of the shots are outdoors, the ariel drone footage of Broadchurch gives it a surreal touch. S03 has a completely new story but a little baggage of the last 2 seasons do creep in to give it a continuity to show how life goes around in a small town.
After "The Killing" , this is the only show which have multiple suspects till the end & you still keep guessing about the culprit.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If you liked Broadchurch - try River or Marcela or Hinterland. You'll love these. All British and very nice if you like Crime and Detective series. Marcela and River is just one season, but Hinterland has a couple or more I guess. The Fall again is a good one - but the last season is a dampener. It stars Gillian Anderson as Stella Gibson and Jamie Dornan(yes, from 50 Shades :D)

^^ I believe you talking about Homeland. for me (keeping first 2 seasons separate) almost all season were equally good and thrilling

Wokay so I'm guessing everyone's already seen American God's and Better Call Saul as well.. If not the latest runs were real good fare..
By the way the hindi audio for Mr Robot and a few other shows on Amazon Prime is just killer.. Worse than dubbed Jackie Chan movies

Homeland Season - 6 .... Someone said absolute cracker, and I couldn't have agreed more. I just wonder how writers come up with plots so intriguing and then also make it absolute diverse so that it does not appear to be same monotonous affair after 5 seasons. Homeland seems to reinvent itself after every season, NOT relying on a cookie-cutter approach for each season that brings about a cringing sense of monotony that some other series eventually hit after 3 seasons. This show intertwines worldwide terrorism and foreign policies that bleed into the USA's domestic security.

This time as well there is a crisis but not to give spoilers it's not what you would expect. Carry Danes is phenomenal, sometimes making it near impossible to realize that her acting is not real, and so is the other cast. This season also had more human emotions flooding the gates than probably the previous one. Frankly, after watching and remembering all 5 season it was hard for me to watch QUIN, seriously, QUIN's role just stirred my emotions from deep within. This show is CLASS and quality that would come under one of the top most high profile shows. HOMELAND after 6 season still remains my all time top 5 shows.......8.5/10 for this one.

and BTW: I don't see anything wrong with the climax, I was perfectly fine with it. @Mav3rick care to share what didn't click to you in the climax, of course make sure you put the reply in Spoilers TAG. I am just curious to know.

Last edited:
Wokay so I'm guessing everyone's already seen American God's and Better Call Saul as well.. If not the latest runs were real good fare..
By the way the hindi audio for Mr Robot and a few other shows on Amazon Prime is just killer.. Worse than dubbed Jackie Chan movies

have seen better call saul and its just AMAZING. Both seasons .... havent seen American God's

Okay so the third Better Call Saul, just ended and was duper as well, found on kodi.. American Gods is great too(S1 avlbl on amazon prime).. I feel you might like it

^^ 3rd season of Better Call Saul is now also available on India Netflix .. :) I will start it pretty soon.

So, I finally finished HOUSE.
Yes, I had seen the series long time back but never saw final 2 episodes. Loved it so much just couldn't bring myself to see it ending.
I must say the finale was absolutely brilliant and very perspective to who House is as a person. Everybody lies after all.

Also, the 23rd episode which is a making of house is really good. Gives a great insight how much hard work everyone has put into making even one episode.

I think HOUSE is the best character ever written on Tv. Even better than Walter White. Probably because he was so eccentric and unpredictable.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Just too political for me, nothing much. I thought the focus shifted from Langley to Washington. :)

Homeland Season - 6 .... Someone said absolute cracker, and I couldn't have agreed more. I just wonder how writers come up with plots so intriguing and then also make it absolute diverse so that it does not appear to be same monotonous affair after 5 seasons. Homeland seems to reinvent itself after every season, NOT relying on a cookie-cutter approach for each season that brings about a cringing sense of monotony that some other series eventually hit after 3 seasons. This show intertwines worldwide terrorism and foreign policies that bleed into the USA's domestic security.

This time as well there is a crisis but not to give spoilers it's not what you would expect. Carry Danes is phenomenal, sometimes making it near impossible to realize that her acting is not real, and so is the other cast. This season also had more human emotions flooding the gates than probably the previous one. Frankly, after watching and remembering all 5 season it was hard for me to watch QUIN, seriously, QUIN's role just stirred my emotions from deep within. This show is CLASS and quality that would come under one of the top most high profile shows. HOMELAND after 6 season still remains my all time top 5 shows.......8.5/10 for this one.

and BTW: I don't see anything wrong with the climax, I was perfectly fine with it. @Mav3rick care to share what didn't click to you in the climax, of course make sure you put the reply in Spoilers TAG. I am just curious to know.

Last edited:
Has anyone watched How To Get Away With Murder - Season 3?

Lots of twists and turns in this season. Must watch if you have completed the previous 2.

Orange Is The New Black

The new season is out on Netflix. Prison Drama. I had heard the hype around this one and did enjoy it to some extent. Yet to watch the latest season though.

Then I watched Wentworth. Its more or less seems similar to OITNB, but I found it more interesting and gripping than OINTB. Just finished Wentworth Season 5 and already salivating for Season 6. Its worth a watch for all those who liked OITNB.

Last edited:
Just too political for me, nothing much. I thought the focus shifted from Langley to Washington. :)

Wow and that exactly for me was the reason I loved this season, instead of the same old terrorist hunt stuff, this was a fresh take into HOMELAND world and I just Loved the politics, That is why I said, HOMELAND reinvents itself. Had it been the same Langley stuff I might have been bored ...... :)

Orange Is The New Black

The new season is out on Netflix. Prison Drama. I had heard the hype around this one and did enjoy it to some extent. Yet to watch the latest season though.

Then I watched Wentworth. Its more or less seems similar to OITNB, but I found it more interesting and gripping than OINTB. Just finished Wentworth Season 5 and already salivating for Season 6. Its worth a watch for all those who liked OITNB.

I enjoyed OITNB, even though I will say the last season was not as interesting as the first 3, but it still managed t grab enough attention for me to complete it until the end. Will certain give SE04 a try.

And oh ofcourse Wentworth is in my watch list now.

Aha..it takes different kinda people to make this world, bhai :)

I would have preferred it to keep its flow of "terrorist-hunt" as you put it. That had pulled me to it, initially. For the political stuff - House of Cards does it for me. That said, did you watch the latest season? it left off with just 2 words - enough to eagerly wait for the next season - MY TURN

Wow and that exactly for me was the reason I loved this season, instead of the same old terrorist hunt stuff, this was a fresh take into HOMELAND world and I just Loved the politics, That is why I said, HOMELAND reinvents itself. Had it been the same Langley stuff I might have been bored ...... :)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back