Fans of Television Series

Started seeing Queen Of The South on Netflix. It is unputdownable. Very well made, good acting. About Mexican drug cartel and how a woman rises to the top (i believe it is a true story). I am finding it much better than Narcos to watch although I am only about 5 episodes in. Unlike Narcos, in this one, it is about her struggle to survive and deal with extreme adversity and how she slowly rises to the top using sheer willpower, resourcefulness, and street smartness. So it is much more relatable and gripping.
Thank you so much for recommending this. Absolutely brilliant. After a long time I have binged watch something. Writing, acting, screenplay, direction, everything is top notch. Not a single dull moment. Reminded me of first season Of Shield. Special mention for the actress playing Camilla Vargas, one of the most intriguing female characters I have ever seen on tv.
Keep recommending these kind of shows. Cheers.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I started seeing Sherlock Season 4. I was so eagerly waiting for it. But 1 episode in, season 4 is really bad! It is over the top theatrical, has ridiculous stuff like someone jumping in front of another person to catch a bullet, all the while the bullet is shown in slow motion. And the plot line is quite weak and contrived too.

Again, perhaps this is too early and my subjective opinion too. But I was quite let down with this new season. It is just ... bad story telling.

In fact, I find Elementary way more watchable despite the creative liberties it has taken.

Thank you so much for recommending this. Absolutely brilliant. After a long time I have binged watch something. Writing, acting, screenplay, direction, everything is top notch. Not a single dull moment. Reminded me of first season Of Shield. Special mention for the actress playing Camilla Vargas, one of the most intriguing female characters I have ever seen on tv.
Keep recommending these kind of shows. Cheers.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Where did u see it? Netflix?, which region?, Downloaded ??

I started seeing Sherlock Season 4. I was so eagerly waiting for it. But 1 episode in, season 4 is really bad! It is over the top theatrical, has ridiculous stuff like someone jumping in front of another person to catch a bullet, all the while the bullet is shown in slow motion. And the plot line is quite weak and contrived too.

Again, perhaps this is too early and my subjective opinion too. But I was quite let down with this new season. It is just ... bad story telling.

Personally, Sherlock S4 is one of the top disappointments for me in the past few months (so much so that I didn't even mention watching it in this thread). But then I am one of the outcasts who enjoyed the show but did not think that 'Sherlock' was as great as it is made out to be (my own rating is much lower than the IMDB consensus).

But, I don't want to stop you. Get to the last episode and then tell me if you still want to watch S5 (if there is one).

^^ I am in the same boat as you santhosh as far as sherlock goes ..... :)

Last edited:
@sam9s,

We are agreeing on things? What is the world coming to? :p

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 2nd Gig: The Individual Eleven

For anyone interested in knowing the original source of the Sca-Jo vehicle, "Ghost in the Shell", I would suggest to skip the original philoso-babbling movie and watch the TV series. The original movie is still one of the best animated movies I have watched from a visual perspective, so there's that.

This season is in some ways better than the first season

• Major finally gets to wear pants. All throughout the first season, I was wondering if the people in the future universe have either all gone zen or just got used to prosthetic body users not wearing pants in the office while discussing very serious topics. It is only in this season, Major Kusanagi has the gravitas of a well-respected leader. The voice acting (in Japanese) has always been good.

• The animation is very good. There were little inconsistencies in the major's appearance, but who cares?

• American series tend to get too tedious over a 20+ episode span because of too much stand-alone / filler episodes. In this season, after the first few episodes, there were no major detours (as in completely stand-alone episodes). Each episode furthered the plot, even if only by a very small amount. I liked how they used the filler episodes to cover the back stories of the side/bit characters like Saito and Paz. We also get to know a little bit more about the major. There is also a lot of time devoted to the main antagonist compared to S1.

That doesn't mean we don't have any issues. There was this Episode (#22) in which there's a whole lot of talk. Though in between the conversation bits, they furthered the plot just a little bit, the whole episode felt like reading a flowery prose about an Ingmar Bergman film. You sort of get the point and nod in agreement by the first paragraph, but as you read and read, you realize you are not even half way there and it sucks!

There are multiple layers to the plot - global and local politics, administration, cyberspace, refugee crisis. There are a few things to keep in my mind. As the storytelling is not focused on keeping your immersion levels high by arousing curiosity (I watched two episodes of "13 reasons why" and that's a perfect example), you need to be a little patient and connect the dots and think about things along the way. So, I won't recommend this as pure entertainment.

But why pay attention at all? When this manga came out in 1990, we, by and large, did not have the internet. The things talked about - cyber brain, "diving" into the net, prosthetic bodies, AI - all are getting closer to reality in a few decades. Personally, I worry that a highly intelligent AI, which does not have the burden of emotions, may not even need humans. However, it is also nice to see a vision, one of the possible futures, of the world where AI is subservient to humans because it lacks a "ghost". It is another thing that we don't know whether this "soul" / "consciousness" is just another quirk of the brain for certain.

• Yoko Kanno is surprisingly good. Though it never reached the infectious levels of "Inner Universe", the opening title song "Rise" (again by Origa (RIP)) is pretty good. I liked the closing title song better than the one in S1, mainly because that one had awkward lines like "She is just incredible math"... "I smell Lithium now..." and this one started with "galaxy of planets and stars" :p

Started watching "Love" on Netflix, after some recommendations from the net.
Quite good, about love in the modern times and how dysfunctional relationship can be.
Funny too, good acting all around.

Just finished Bloodline Season 3 & it is Kyle Chandler's show all the way. The sublimely beautiful family drama about the Rayburns comes to a karmic end. As with every good show you are left wanting for more, this show will remain in my fav top 10 for sure. It was such a pleasure watching it in 4K on Netflix India.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BILLIONS - Season 2 ... This show second season just blew me all over the second time. One of the high intellectual show that also is an ultimate thriller keeping you glued to the seat by one of the best Cat & Mouse genre (yes I invented that genre :D) you can witness on TV screen. This is almost up to the level of Justified for me (If it can hold the same intensity for 2-3 more seasons, it might just cross justified).

BILLIONS is a pleasure feast to watch episode by episode.

The tactics are brilliant, so is the writing, top notch and right up to the highest level, and then the performances. boy oh boy ....Giamatti even though I might have seen movies him starring, but I never paid any attention, untill now. He is a powerhouse.
And then Lewis. How talented is this guy?? After homeland I was kinda skeptical how he would be in role of ulrta rich hedge fund guy, but he so very effortlessly switches to billionaire tycoon without missing a beat....ultimate .....

8.5/10 this show without any doubt...... highly looking forward to season 3

Fauda (on Netflix)
Fauda (TV Series 2015 ) - IMDb

Its a Israeli TV show, which depicts both sides of the Israeli-Palestine conflict but mainly from the perspective of the commander of a undercover Israeli special forces unit out to stop a Hamas terrorist thought dead.
Gripping at its best, i ended up finishing the season in a week. I've been to Israeli and this show depicts life, realities & political views as it is.

Halt & catch fire (might need to download this, its a AMC show)
Halt and Catch Fire (TV Series 2014 ) - IMDb

If you are in tech, this is a must watch. A fascinating show on the rise of tech though the personal computing boom, security software, the internet. What makes it gripping is the personalities, egos, struggles and their dreams shown on screen.
Its set in a semi-fictionized world though the people working at Cardiff Electric (is that supposed to be Compaq?) where IBM, Texas instruments, Microsoft exists.
I am waiting for season 4 to come out.

Sneaky Pete (Amazon Prime video) : Had to binge watch this one and loved it.. just wow..

The moment I saw creater "Bryan Cranston" this went in to my must must MUST watch list .......currently watching HOMELAND SE06. Then will jump on to this .... thnx for share ... :)

Just finished The Following - Kevin Bacon.

The Following (TV Series 20132015) - IMDb

I kinda liked the first few episodes and went on watching since I was curious about how its gonna end. Too much blood and killing. Too easy. Plot and story becomes a bit predictable at times and we tend to lose interest. Somehow its difficult to understand how can FBI be so helpless at times. Season 2 and 3 are again on the same lines, but less killing.

In the last season, the bad guy is introduced as a super-villain, looks promising. Soon, he takes a shape of a serial killer. He like all the others has it easy - Has a knife - slash, slash, stab, stab - Kill! Can hack into any server even the FBI, gets convenient help everywhere - arrgh, gets so childish at times.

Highlight is Kevin Bacon's acting as Ryan Hardy. But James Purefoy takes the honors. He is fantastic as Joe Carroll. Joe's execution almost makes you feel sorry. And the struggles between him as Ryan's other side and Ryan are the focal points of the last season. Rest of the characters - Dr. Arthur Strauss (Gregg Henry), Lily Gray(Connie Nielsen), Sam Underwood (Mark and Luke) are purely wasted. I think they could have been more central to the story.

Anyway, decent watch if you are a fan of crime and thrillers.

The moment I saw creater "Bryan Cranston" this went in to my must must MUST watch list .......currently watching HOMELAND SE06. Then will jump on to this .... thnx for share ... :)

I liked the first few seasons. For me the climax of the 6th season is just didn't click!!! Happy watching!:)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back