Fans of Television Series

I've watched these shows on tv in the past and some on yt currently.
Dynasty
Remington Steele
The Young and the Restless
The Bold and the Beautiful
Santa Barbara
Young Talent Time
All My Children
Frasier
Friends
Baywatch
Sabrina the Teenage Witch
Everybody Loves Raymond
The Golden Girls

Home Before Dark on Apple TV+: Based on real-life. A “9-year old investigative reporter” (you read that right) in the hometown of her father...

Did you like it?

Watching that now - done 5 episodes so far. Did not like it much and for me it is over-rated (does not deserve the high rating). I kind of prefer less drama and more substance. The version I got is with ATMOS - sound. The effects are occasionally good. That prevents me from speeding it up on pot player :( What could have been tautly told in just about 6 episodes is dragging on with needless drama. Endless lying/obfuscating between family members seems to be the norm. The 9 year old mouthing adult dialogues grates - so does her constant "I am a journalist!"

To sum up - those who like time-pass, action packed, less complex serials may not like it (my type!). Those who like serious stuff may like it

Last edited:
Did you like it?

I agree with you re. what grates wrt the 9-year old speaking like an adult. The stuff with the kids is overdone, IMO. I do like the father-son dynamics in play and how it gets torn during a traumatic episode.

I'm hanging in there for the whodunit. The pace has quickened (I believe we're at Episode 6). Not much more faffing around possible.

I agree with you re. what grates wrt the 9-year old speaking like an adult. The stuff with the kids is overdone, IMO. I do like the father-son dynamics in play and how it gets torn during a traumatic episode.

I'm hanging in there for the whodunit. The pace has quickened (I believe we're at Episode 6). Not much more faffing around possible.
Finished it... Rarely been disappointed with a highly rated series of this genre so far.

Watched "Protector" on Netflix, the available first 3 seasons. Absolute crap !!!. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME and fall for the trailer like me.

The name of the series would have been "The Confused Protector" or the "The Loser", starting was good, but it failed to carry the vibe along, except some good shots of Turkey and some good looking female artists, nothing worth mentioning. A poor dubbing too.

Money Heist on the other hand is absolute opposite, excellent in everything, no doubt why its #1 in India and across the world today.

Watching Outlander Season 3 Now, the plot is a bit slow, but its storyline is very strong, clubbed with excellent nature view, interesting characters and some very good acting clubbed with good background score and opening theme. Giving no spoilers but the some of the darker facts that is portrays are going to push the viewer into thinking differently of the by gone era.

Eagerly waiting for the Vikings to return, never thought it could be that interesting.

Dead to Me on Netflix: A dramatic, dark comedy about a recently widowed lady who's befriended by a complete stranger. Season 2 recently out.

Love the quality of the audio mix in this one. Startlingly realistic at times, although there's some very nice grin-inducing subtleties as well.

Defending Jacob on Apple TV+: A school boy is found dead in a park. An assistant DA, who is assigned to the case, has a son who is the murdered boy's classmate. 3 episodes in (4th due for release today, IIRC). Very, very highly recommended.

Series finale yesterday. Whew! One heck of a series, this. I'll second, third, fourth my own recommendation. Thank me later:)

4 episodes of Alex Rider. I'm hooked. Anthony Horowitz's teen spy novels have got a TV series avatar. Not top notch but slick production, average story line, definitely interesting enough to watch. I did not read the books - so cant compare it to anything!

Story: When Alex Rider learns that his uncle Ian has been killed in the line of duty as a British spy - and not in a car accident like he's been told - everything changes for this otherwise normal teen. He is approached by Alan Blunt, head of a shadowy offshoot of MI6 known as The Department, who reveals that Alex has been unknowingly trained since childhood for the dangerous world of espionage. Pressured to help investigate his uncle's death - and how it connects to the assassination of two high-profile billionaires - Alex reluctantly assumes a new identity and goes undercover in a remote boarding school called Point Blanc. Isolated far above the snowline in the French Alps, Point Blanc claims to set the troubled teenage children of the ultra-rich back onto the right track. But as he digs deeper, Alex discovers that the students are in fact the subjects of a disturbing plan by the mysterious Doctor Greif - a plan which he will have to risk his life to stop.

Source: Downloaded

Enjoy.

Panchayat is one of the best new Hindi series by TVF on Amazon Prime and it can appeal to a large population - both young and old, urban and rural.

'Panchayat' is what 'Swades' should have been - realistic, relatable, self-assured. It's not 'Newton' either - it's light, mirthful and feel-good. Couldn't help falling in love with the characters. Combines talented upcoming young actors like Jitendra Kumar (he could be the next Rajkumar Rao or better) with the seasoned thespians Raghuvir Yadav and Neena Gupta.

4 episodes of Alex Rider. I'm hooked. Anthony Horowitz's teen spy novels have got a TV series avatar. Not top notch but slick production, average story line, definitely interesting enough to watch. I did not read the books - so cant compare it to anything!

Story: When Alex Rider learns that his uncle Ian has been killed in the line of duty as a British spy - and not in a car accident like he's been told - everything changes for this otherwise normal teen. He is approached by Alan Blunt, head of a shadowy offshoot of MI6 known as The Department, who reveals that Alex has been unknowingly trained since childhood for the dangerous world of espionage. Pressured to help investigate his uncle's death - and how it connects to the assassination of two high-profile billionaires - Alex reluctantly assumes a new identity and goes undercover in a remote boarding school called Point Blanc. Isolated far above the snowline in the French Alps, Point Blanc claims to set the troubled teenage children of the ultra-rich back onto the right track. But as he digs deeper, Alex discovers that the students are in fact the subjects of a disturbing plan by the mysterious Doctor Greif - a plan which he will have to risk his life to stop.

Source: Downloaded

Enjoy.
Completed the season. Worth a watch.

Some series & mini series watched during the lockdown:
Friday Night dinner.
Three girls
The lost honor of Christopher Jefferies
Killing Eve
This is England 86/88 and 90.
Panchayat
Detectorists

The I-Land : On Netflix :

Just watched two episodes , but this is one modern day LOST . Excellent visuals, good acting all around, taut storyline & amazing Atmos/Sound effects.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back