Fans of Television Series

A damp squib. I think the climax is as disappointing as GOT, if not more. Anyway, the only saving grace is the expectation of a second season.

The Stranger 2 - Another K drama. I forgot the first season. But loved the second one. 2 drunk kids drown on a foggy night as they did not find any ominous warnings of a high tide. The third kid slept off on the beach. A no-nonsense detective on the scene somehow manages to nail a couple who removed the sign and the rope to ward off any unsuspecting visitors. The high-profile couple is let off without any warning or punishment. This sets the plot for Police vs the judiciary. We see lots of politics, power-tussle through out the episodes and then the climax. I felt the story takes a full circle to finish this series. There is another angle of murder and cover-up. Watch it if you like K-Dramas.
I did start the stranger s1 but stopped it due to the slowness. Is it worth contuining ?

Which one is the damp squib?
I'm sorry...the post was supposed to be a reply to my earlier post. But got posted without the tagging. Anyway. I was talking about Minions of Midas I had posted a review before it ended. It started on a very promising note, but later fizzled out. And as I said, the ending was disappointing to say the least.

I did start the stranger s1 but stopped it due to the slowness. Is it worth contuining ?
Well, for me it was slow as well. But the way the 5 parallel plots run in the second season and its relation to the first, kept me interested. The judiciary vs Police with corruption added, The secret behind Hanjo Global Corporation, The dead Lawyer in the middle of a highway, A disappeared Public Prosecutor and the drowned kids. The leads are in the middle of all this. In the end, the puzzle is complete and we get all the answers. Its more like little pieces of a jigsaw put together in the last 2 episodes.
Pro Tip - Fast forward the dull and boring bits :D :D

Started Designated Survivor a few weeks ago. Nearing the end of the 1st season. Starts off well but becomes predictable (right down to some dialogues :) ) and silly at times as it progresses towards the end of S01.

Started Designated Survivor a few weeks ago. Nearing the end of the 1st season. Starts off well but becomes predictable (right down to some dialogues :) ) and silly at times as it progresses towards the end of S01.
As I said in my old post, I love my POTUS like the Underwoods :D Kirkman for me is more "chocolate" like:D

Well, for me it was slow as well. But the way the 5 parallel plots run in the second season and its relation to the first, kept me interested. The judiciary vs Police with corruption added, The secret behind Hanjo Global Corporation, The dead Lawyer in the middle of a highway, A disappeared Public Prosecutor and the drowned kids. The leads are in the middle of all this. In the end, the puzzle is complete and we get all the answers. Its more like little pieces of a jigsaw put together in the last 2 episodes.
Pro Tip - Fast forward the dull and boring bits :D :D

Pro tip didn’t work out with s1
Will try S2

Recently started with "Ottoman". My rating - 8/10.

Liked this docuseries for its cinematography and keeping it to essential details rather than nudity/adult content. Many times such historic series end up being soft prn. Its about "Mehmet II" conquering the "Constantinople" at the age of 21. The lead actors have acted well and pace if apt for such a series. A must watch if you like checking out history documentaries.

Watching Lupin and Dead to me on Netflix and half way through both.
Lupin - A hiest cum revenge series in both French and English. Very predictable and more incredulous than Indian movies, but a good time pass watch nevertheless.
Dead to Me - Another binge watchable series.

Bhaag Beanie Bhaag on Netflix: Swara Bhasker is simply brilliant as Beanie Bhatnagar, an aspiring stand-up comic who wishes to escape the clutches of a life that seems pre-ordained for her by her parents and society around her. Breezy watch, this one.

Watching Lupin and Dead to me on Netflix and half way through both.
Lupin - A hiest cum revenge series in both French and English. Very predictable and more incredulous than Indian movies, but a good time pass watch nevertheless.
Dead to Me - Another binge watchable series.
Yes, felt the same about Lupin. Not a boring one though. Waiting for the remaining episodes

Tandav(APV) - A political thriller. Its a fight between Dimple(Anuradha) and Saif(Samar) for the PM's post. A parallel storyline plays where Mohd. Zeeshan Ayub(Shiva) is a college student leaning towards the Left. How politics and politicians do not care about the process, but focus on getting power, no matter what is the story. Let me mention Sunil Grover(Gurpal) who is the henchman and a problem solver for Saif, is a welcome change from the oddball Gutthi. Tigmanshu Dhulia(Devki Nandan) has a short role. Gauhar Khan(Maithili) has a short but important role. I am sure she will be an important part to play in the second season. Sarah Jane Dias (Ayesha) is totally wasted. Yet. She just moves around like a zombie or like the "aatma" from the old movies. I think she has only 5 lines (if I remember correctly) in the entire season. But then who knows how her character shapes up in the second season. Kritika Kamra(Sana Mir) has a short but an impacting role. There are others like Dino Morea, Sandhya Mridul, Anup Soni whose characters are still shaping up. I liked it. And you'll too if you like political thrillers.

Probably its just me, but I felt the characters have an uncanny resemblance to the current Indian political world;););):p

Last edited:
The Last Narco(APV) : Watch this to know what really happened to Enrique "Kiki" Camarena. Who was responsible, how was he tortured (graphic details) and all that stuff. A good rejoinder to Narcos and Narcos(Mexico). Don't miss it if you liked Narcos.

Line of Duty Season 5 (Netflix) - About an Anti Corruption unit - AC12, who investigate corrupt law making officers. 4 seasons were amazing. The fifth came out a bit late. This time AC12 is facing their biggest challenge yet. Its a gripping watch as most British Crime Dramas are. Not to miss if you watched the previous seasons. Its a short season of 6 episodes ~45 mins each. The finale is ~85 mins long.

Bosch on amazon. Good procedural drama. Another interesting fact, the protagonist is an audiophile himself. He is a jazz fan and boasts of a pretty high end setup in his apartment. Time and again his love for jazz is discussed in the series.

Bosch on amazon. Good procedural drama. Another interesting fact, the protagonist is an audiophile himself. He is a jazz fan and boasts of a pretty high end setup in his apartment. Time and again his love for jazz is discussed in the series.
Next season is the last. Books are better than the series IMHO:D

Perry Mason (Hotstar) A reboot of the hit series in the late 1950s. Its about a PI turned Lawyer who takes on seemingly unwinnable cases and unearths deeply buried secrets. Set in 1930s, Matthew Rhys is amazing as the lead and so is Juliet Rylance (I loved her :p) Shea Whigham (Strickland) is just as good as he was in Boardwalk Empire. Matthew Rhys is probably the star of this show. He's as good as he was in The Americans, if not better. A must watch. Tatiana Maslany (Sister Alice) has a parallel story. Not sure how that'll be told in the second season.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back