Floor Standing Speakers that hits you in the chest kinda ....Under 1 L

Wharfedale EVO4.4 Speaker

Decadent_Spectre

Please pardon my ignorance...but what exactly does FLH stand for :D
But the 10 incher is housed in a 19x 22 x approx 48 inch cabinet. So don't know how much the cabinet volume works out to :(

FLH = Front Loaded Horn, opposed to a RLH/BLH = Rear Loaded Horn/Back Loaded Horn

That would be about 11.6 cubes external volume though I was asking about internal volume.

Rajkumars

I auditioned Q950 at ProFx. It had a solid bass punch, everything in the room was shaking including my whole body. That was the with the track Hey Now.

I listened to Polk L600 right after that, they too had good punch but a bit restrained, felt more warmer and in better control.

I didn't know Floorstanders could produce bass with such intensity until I listened to Q950 and L600 pairs.

But I would look at a good sub if bass is my priority. Most budget speakers can't produce chest thumping bass. Even ProFx was driving the speakers with some high end Denon amp. I am pretty sure Q950s won't be able to produce good bass with typical budget amps below a lakh.
The combo of Q950 & Denon .... Were they Bright / Neutral / warm sounding ?

I am interested in Denon PMA amplifier .... If it's neutral I will buy it ....

jarneevan

The combo of Q950 & Denon .... Were they Bright / Neutral / warm sounding ?

I am interested in Denon PMA amplifier .... If it's neutral I will buy it ....
Denon PMA + KEF combo was far from warm sounding. However, I wouldn't say they were outright bright.

I was impressed with thier bass, may be a bit brute compared to Polk L600s but damn good nevertheless. Highs were OK too. But I found mids, especially Vocals, to be forward sounding to my taste.

They can wow you at first but can be tiring after sometime. I would have probably liked them if I hadn't listened to my Focal Aria. I do know that many consider Focals to be bright. So my definition of bright can be wildly different from yours.

sandeepmohan

You'll need more than the average run off the mill Denon to make those Kef's sing. Look for an Adcom (new or used) or a Outlaw RR2160. Difficult to audition any of these, unfortunately. You can check with The Listening Room, Bangalore for a Trigon integrated. Very nice amplifiers.

Rajkumars

You'll need more than the average run off the mill Denon to make those Kef's sing. Look for an Adcom (new or used) or a Outlaw RR2160. Difficult to audition any of these, unfortunately. You can check with The Listening Room, Bangalore for a Trigon integrated. Very nice amplifiers.
Thanks for the valuable information