Floor Standing Speakers that hits you in the chest kinda ....Under 1 L

Considering the budget, I would probably look into Cambridge Audio AX-R100. It should be able to drive those towers with ease.
Thanks ....

Are they bright .... How is the bass & are they dynamic ?

Will they match with Kef?

I auditioned Q950 at ProFx. It had a solid bass punch, everything in the room was shaking including my whole body. That was the with the track Hey Now.

I listened to Polk L600 right after that, they too had good punch but a bit restrained, felt more warmer and in better control.

I didn't know Floorstanders could produce bass with such intensity until I listened to Q950 and L600 pairs.

But I would look at a good sub if bass is my priority. Most budget speakers can't produce chest thumping bass. Even ProFx was driving the speakers with some high end Denon amp. I am pretty sure Q950s won't be able to produce good bass with typical budget amps below a lakh.
The combo of Q950 & Denon .... Were they Bright / Neutral / warm sounding ?

I am interested in Denon PMA amplifier .... If it's neutral I will buy it ....

The combo of Q950 & Denon .... Were they Bright / Neutral / warm sounding ?

I am interested in Denon PMA amplifier .... If it's neutral I will buy it ....
Denon PMA + KEF combo was far from warm sounding. However, I wouldn't say they were outright bright.

I was impressed with thier bass, may be a bit brute compared to Polk L600s but damn good nevertheless. Highs were OK too. But I found mids, especially Vocals, to be forward sounding to my taste.

They can wow you at first but can be tiring after sometime. I would have probably liked them if I hadn't listened to my Focal Aria. I do know that many consider Focals to be bright. So my definition of bright can be wildly different from yours.

You'll need more than the average run off the mill Denon to make those Kef's sing. Look for an Adcom (new or used) or a Outlaw RR2160. Difficult to audition any of these, unfortunately. You can check with The Listening Room, Bangalore for a Trigon integrated. Very nice amplifiers.

You'll need more than the average run off the mill Denon to make those Kef's sing. Look for an Adcom (new or used) or a Outlaw RR2160. Difficult to audition any of these, unfortunately. You can check with The Listening Room, Bangalore for a Trigon integrated. Very nice amplifiers.
Thanks for the valuable information

It is very easy to chest pounding base but most of the speakers produce distorted base. Only few floor standing speakers produce sweet base. It depends upon acoustic design of the cabinet and base reflex port. All that must work in harmony.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back