Floorstanders for 5.2.4 setup

AnshulKansal

Need help selecting the floor standers for a 5.2.4 setup.

Wharfedale Diamond 12.4
Q Acoustics 5040
Elac debut F6.2
Monitor audio Bronze 500.

Avr -Denon X3800H
Subs- both SVS sb100 pro/ pb1000 pro

Room size -14.5 ft * 24 ft
dedicated 14.5 * 14 for HT with 10 ft open space behind sitting without partition.

Thanks in Advance

Wharfedale Diamond 12.4
Q Acoustics 5040
Elac debut F6.2

Avr -Denon X3800H

dedicated 14.5 * 14 for HT with 10 ft open space behind sitting without partition.

Thanks in Advance
For a large room, the Monitor audio Bronze 500 is a good bet. The Q Acoustics would be the most resolute. The Wharfedale would be balanced. Avoid the Elac.

And a piece of unsolicited advice - select the surrounds from the same series/model as the floorrstanders for maintaining consistency in tone and timbre.

Wharfedale Diamond 12.4
Q Acoustics 5040
Elac debut F6.2

Avr -Denon X3800H

Thanks in Advance
check klipsch Rp series and polk reserve also

Wharfedale Diamond 12.4
Q Acoustics 5040
Elac debut F6.2

Avr -Denon X3800H

Thanks in Advance
Q Acoustics 5040 will be good but may be bright for some avr/ amplifier.

Q acoustic 5000 series are more revealing speaker than 3000 series.

Wharfedale Diamond 12.4
Q Acoustics 5040
Elac debut F6.2

Avr -Denon X3800H

Thanks in Advance
Iam blindly partial towards Qacoustics, so the 5040 gets my vote :D
Denon 3800H will be able to drives those?
The 5040 are 91.5 db sensitive, though at 6 ohms. So the denon should be able to drive them easily. Had it been 91.5 db at 8 ohms, I would have been more confident .

Floorstanders for fronts only or for centre and surrounds as well?
What are you planning for the remaining 10 feet?

Only for fronts. Center will be matching model/make. Surrounds haven't decided yet but will look for 30k/pair range options max.

Remaining 10 feet is for Bar.

Only for fronts. Center will be matching model/make. Surrounds haven't decided yet but will look for 30k/pair range options max.

Remaining 10 feet is for Bar.
You really don't need floorstanders for HT fronts since the sub cutoff will be at 80 Hz or so.
Bookshelves will be equally effective.
Unless you plan to play music on pure direct.

What's your display?
Large TV? Projector?

Your room is perfect for large screen viewing experience.

I have a similarly sized room. Wanted to have a bar and stuff, but gave up on that for the movie theatre viewing experince.
150 inches at 14-15 feet is just too good.
Dali Zensor 3 as fronts and Zensor 1 as surrounds.
No regrets absolutely.
Also, drinks and dark rooms do not work together is what I have found out. So it has to be either.

Remaining 10 feet is for Bar
You really don't need floorstanders for HT fronts since the sub cutoff will be at 80 Hz or so.

What's your display?
Large TV? Projector?

I have a similarly sized room. Wanted to have a bar and stuff, but gave up on that for the movie theatre viewing experince.
No regrets absolutely.
Also, drinks and dark rooms do not work together is what I have found out. So it has to be either.

Planning 120 inch display with projector.

Remaining 10 feet is for Bar

What's your display?
Large TV? Projector?

No regrets absolutely.

Planning 120 inch screen with projector

Thank you all for helping me decide and providing valuable feedbacks. I finally decided to go with Monitor audio Bronze 500 and C150 for center.

Need help with surrounds and atmos speakers

Surrounds - Monitor Audio Bronze 50 or Bronze 100?
Preferred - Bronze 50

Atmos - Will be mounting them on the ceiling not inside. Looking for speakers with screw thread.

Jbl control one
Others?
Pls suggest some atmos speakers without compromising on the quality. Budget max 40k for 2 pairs.

Thank you all for helping me decide and providing valuable feedbacks. I finally decided to go with Monitor audio Bronze 500 and C150 for center.

Need help with surrounds and atmos speakers

Surrounds - Monitor Audio Bronze 50 or Bronze 100?
Preferred - Bronze 50

Atmos - Will be mounting them on the ceiling not inside. Looking for speakers with screw thread.

Jbl control one
Others?
Pls suggest some atmos speakers without compromising on the quality. Budget max 40k for 2 pairs.
Go with Bronze 50 if the price difference between it and the 100 is significant, else I'd go with the 100. This is because the 100 extends lower and has higher sensitivity, hence easier for your receiver to drive loud.

I'd avoid the control one for two reasons (a) underwhelming performance, (b) more importantly, maintain the same tone and timbre across all speakers to not detract from the Immersion. You'd ideally not want the effects to sound different when it pans from the front to the sides.

Last edited:
Go with Bronze 50 if the price difference between it and the 100 is significant, else I'd go with the 100. This is because the 100 extends lower and has higher sensitivity, hence easier for your receiver to drive loud.

I'd avoid the control one for two reasons (a) underwhelming performance, (b) more importantly, maintain the same tone and timbre across all speakers to increase Immersion. You'd ideally not want the effects to sound different when it pans from the front to the sides.
Which one would you recommend for heights?
Will be mounted on ceiling.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back